Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 13, 2014
5:18:12 PM
View profile
Horrible Customer Service

As a retired AT&T employee I am utterly embarassed on how customers are treated from employee's of AT&T. 

I could give numerous scenerio's over the past 3 months of changes we have made to our service (disconnect phone line, changes to cell phone plan, connected U-Verse internet).  I have NEVER seen such a cluster of people not willing to work problems through.  All  you get is, I can't do that, I ned to transfer you.  Thirty minutes later (hold time) oh, this is the wrong department, I need to transfer you..I did this for 3 hours one day.  Today was the icing on the cake, after thinking we have everything squared away we get a disconnect notice for the U-Verse DSL, even though auto bill pay was suppose to have been set back up.  And we can't combine the cell bill with the U-Verse Internet bill because we are past due yet we are "valued customers".  Come on AT&T get your act together (or not).  Meanwhile yet another xx number of hours will be spent on getting yet another one of your mess up's resolved.

As a retired AT&T employee I am utterly embarassed on how customers are treated from employee's of AT&T. 

I could give numerous scenerio's over the past 3 months of changes we have made to our service (disconnect phone line, changes to cell phone plan, connected U-Verse internet).  I have NEVER seen such a cluster of people not willing to work problems through.  All  you get is, I can't do that, I ned to transfer you.  Thirty minutes later (hold time) oh, this is the wrong department, I need to transfer you..I did this for 3 hours one day.  Today was the icing on the cake, after thinking we have everything squared away we get a disconnect notice for the U-Verse DSL, even though auto bill pay was suppose to have been set back up.  And we can't combine the cell bill with the U-Verse Internet bill because we are past due yet we are "valued customers".  Come on AT&T get your act together (or not).  Meanwhile yet another xx number of hours will be spent on getting yet another one of your mess up's resolved.

Horrible Customer Service

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 8:21:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Eep! Sorry to hear that! This should have been resolved on call #1.

If you still need assistance, I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare as they are part of the AT&T customer care/social media team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

AT&T customer care can also be found online through these channels.

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Eep! Sorry to hear that! This should have been resolved on call #1.

If you still need assistance, I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare as they are part of the AT&T customer care/social media team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

AT&T customer care can also be found online through these channels.

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Horrible Customer Service

2 of 4 (291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 3:23:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

jockcj wrote:

If you set the auto-pay back up, it takes affect on the next bill cycle. That might be the issue. It seems like making the past due payment would solve your latest problem, at least. 

jockcj wrote:

If you set the auto-pay back up, it takes affect on the next bill cycle. That might be the issue. It seems like making the past due payment would solve your latest problem, at least. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (272 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 6:38:30 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, jockcj!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience with some of our phone reps, and I completely understand your frustration. As Evandela and MicCheck have suggested, we would be happy to help, so please use the links provided to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. This is not the same customer care you've worked with over the phone; this team is dedicated to handling escalations from the forums, and they will work very hard to find an acceptable resolution.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, jockcj!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience with some of our phone reps, and I completely understand your frustration. As Evandela and MicCheck have suggested, we would be happy to help, so please use the links provided to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. This is not the same customer care you've worked with over the phone; this team is dedicated to handling escalations from the forums, and they will work very hard to find an acceptable resolution.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (261 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments