Home Phone Can Make But Not Receive Calls

Contributor

Home Phone Can Make But Not Receive Calls

I setup my new wireless home phone system today, going through the setup process.  I am able to make calls from my home phone, but calls to the phone go immediatley into voicemail without any rings.

I ported my number from Vonage and it was "confirmed" last week, if that helps.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Message 1 of 5 (684 Views)
Scholar

Re: Home Phone Can Make But Not Receive Calls

That always happens when you port your number. Just keep waiting.

Message 2 of 5 (665 Views)
Community Manager

Neo979 is absolutely right, if you ported your phone number from another carrier, it takes a little bit of time for everything to switch over. It could possibly take up to 72 hours if porting from a land line (but not common). You can check your port status here: Number Transfer/Port Status

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (661 Views)
Contributor

OK, so once I actually set up the phone it takes additional time... even though I performed the porting process the other week?  So will the porting status change from "confirmed" to something else?

Thank you very much for your help....

Message 4 of 5 (654 Views)
Community Manager

"Confirmed" means everything is good on both ends, actual port starts the moment you activate your new phone (the reason is for an old service to keep working until you're ready to active the new one), and after that it can still take couple of days to compete.

When posting from wireless it's usually instant, from landline it may take 3-10 business days depending on the landline carrier. I'm not sure what Vonage would be classified as being VOIP.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (624 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.