Help with upgrade eligible text message

Tutor

Help with upgrade eligible text message

Hello if anyone knows here when I get a message from AT&T saying congratulations your upgrade eligible does that mean I can upgrade because my mom has the same phone and when I get the upgrade eligibility message it says your eligible for an upgrade at a dicount so can anyone please help me  

Message 1 of 10 (992 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Help with upgrade eligible text message

What does the message say? Does it it say your eligible for a partial discount +$250 or a full upgrade? Or does it mention AT&T Next?

If it says your eligible then yes, you can upgrade but let us know what kind of upgrade so we can explain what it entails and what additional charges (like the $250 I mentioned above) you might encounter.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (967 Views)
Tutor

The message says congragulations your upgrade eligible check out at&t next which eats you upgrade to a new device every year with no upgrade fees 

Message 3 of 10 (822 Views)
ACE - Professor

I think from your message your pretty much referring to AT&T Next, which is a new service.

Here's how Next works: You can choose any device (really any device!), and you pay $0 upfront for it. Now let's pretend you chose an iPhone 5S. So what would happen here is you would be paying off that phone in 20 monthly payments, but you can upgrade every 12 months.

So let's say your plan is $100 without taxes. You would be charged the plan ($100) + a monthly installment charge ($27 in this case; depends on the phone u choose), making it $127 before taxes every months and you would NOT be under any contract (unless you count paying the phone; but no contracts whatsoever).
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10 (800 Views)
Tutor

I'm not under AT&T next I'm using a 2 year contact with AT&T iphone mobile share so does that make a difference on my upgrade eligibility
Message 5 of 10 (791 Views)
ACE - Professor

AT&T Next is another way to upgrade simply, doesn't matter if your in a contract term or not. Smiley Happy If you can upgrade via Next, you can use it at anytime.

I am on a contract and eligible to upgrade via Next myself, just not utilizing it because my phone is good enough and the others don't interest me Smiley Tongue
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 10 (772 Views)
Tutor

So if I'm on a 2 year contract I could uograde using next even though I dint have next

Message 7 of 10 (765 Views)
ACE - Expert

You can only go on next if you are upgrade eligible. If you are still under contract and not upgrade eligible, you cannot go on next.
Once on next, you can upgrade more often (but pay an extra monthly fee), but you must return the current phone you are using and it must be in usable condition or you are charged an additional fee.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Message 8 of 10 (754 Views)
Tutor

i need more help between my moms phone and my phone which we got on the same day I need help figuring out this message so dose that mean I'm eligible because we both got our phones at the same time.

Here is is what my moms phone upgrade massage says I just need help!!

Message 9 of 10 (655 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Take the account holder to a store with you and have them clarify the message for you.

Message 10 of 10 (628 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.