Help with ios jailbreak iphone!

Contributor

Help with ios jailbreak iphone!

Hey, i was wondering if AT&T will fee you if you jailbreak your iPhone..

I dont know if this will change the fact or not but i have a 3gb data plan, iPhone 4s.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 9 (1,989 Views)
Scholar

Re: Help with ios jailbreak iphone!

I believe jail breaking is illegal now so you probably won't get an answer here.
Message 2 of 9 (1,957 Views)
Professor

AT&T doesn't care if you change the software on your phone. All they care about is if you are paying for the services that you use with the phone or violate their terms of service..
Message 3 of 9 (1,941 Views)
Expert

gphipps wrote:
I believe jail breaking is illegal now so you probably won't get an answer here.

jailbreaking is not illegal, but neither apple nor att will give you support. There qre quite a few apps that check for a jailbroken device and will not run for example the directv app will not run if the phone is jailbroken or if android device rooted.

Message 4 of 9 (1,925 Views)
Scholar

I'm sorry for the misinformation. I thought I had read, earlier in the year, that Congress had made jail breaking illegal.
Message 5 of 9 (1,902 Views)
ACE - Master

gphipps wrote:
I'm sorry for the misinformation. I thought I had read, earlier in the year, that Congress had made jail breaking illegal.

It wasn't Congress, it was the Library of Congress and they ruled that unlocking a phone by jail breaking or through a third party is now illegal. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 9 (1,896 Views)
Scholar

If you are on iOS 7, there is no jailbreak out for that iOS. iOS 6 and earlier, you can find the jailbreak software online. Service providers will never jailbreak your phone. And it voids your insurance (if you have any) if they find out that your phone is jailbroken.
Message 7 of 9 (1,886 Views)
ACE - Guru

Why are you thinking about jailbreaking your iPhone 4S? Like other people said, Apple and AT&T never help you if brick the 4S.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 9 (1,858 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

sandblaster wrote:

gphipps wrote:

It wasn't Congress, it was the Library of Congress and they ruled that unlocking a phone by jail breaking or through a third party is now illegal. 

http://www.cultofmac.com/213144/unlocking-a-new-iphone-is-now-illegal-but-jailbreaking-is-still-safe...

Unlocking through 3rd party = illegal if purchased after 01/26/2013

jailbreaking = legal for Iphone and ipod, illegal for ipad

Message 9 of 9 (1,819 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.