Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 29, 2013
11:04:17 AM
View profile
Help with ios jailbreak iphone!
Hey, i was wondering if AT&T will fee you if you jailbreak your iPhone..

I dont know if this will change the fact or not but i have a 3gb data plan, iPhone 4s.

Thanks!
Hey, i was wondering if AT&T will fee you if you jailbreak your iPhone..

I dont know if this will change the fact or not but i have a 3gb data plan, iPhone 4s.

Thanks!

Help with ios jailbreak iphone!

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 1:53:23 PM
(0)
Scholar
I believe jail breaking is illegal now so you probably won't get an answer here.
I believe jail breaking is illegal now so you probably won't get an answer here.

Re: Help with ios jailbreak iphone!

2 of 9 (1,692 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 3:02:57 PM
(0)
Professor
AT&T doesn't care if you change the software on your phone. All they care about is if you are paying for the services that you use with the phone or violate their terms of service..
AT&T doesn't care if you change the software on your phone. All they care about is if you are paying for the services that you use with the phone or violate their terms of service..

3 of 9 (1,676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 4:28:05 PM
(0)
Expert

gphipps wrote:

jailbreaking is not illegal, but neither apple nor att will give you support. There qre quite a few apps that check for a jailbroken device and will not run for example the directv app will not run if the phone is jailbroken or if android device rooted.

gphipps wrote:

jailbreaking is not illegal, but neither apple nor att will give you support. There qre quite a few apps that check for a jailbroken device and will not run for example the directv app will not run if the phone is jailbroken or if android device rooted.

4 of 9 (1,660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 7:19:04 PM
(0)
Scholar
I'm sorry for the misinformation. I thought I had read, earlier in the year, that Congress had made jail breaking illegal.
I'm sorry for the misinformation. I thought I had read, earlier in the year, that Congress had made jail breaking illegal.

5 of 9 (1,637 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 7:37:15 PM
(0)
Former Employee

gphipps wrote:

It wasn't Congress, it was the Library of Congress and they ruled that unlocking a phone by jail breaking or through a third party is now illegal. 

gphipps wrote:

It wasn't Congress, it was the Library of Congress and they ruled that unlocking a phone by jail breaking or through a third party is now illegal. 

6 of 9 (1,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 8:23:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
If you are on iOS 7, there is no jailbreak out for that iOS. iOS 6 and earlier, you can find the jailbreak software online. Service providers will never jailbreak your phone. And it voids your insurance (if you have any) if they find out that your phone is jailbroken.
If you are on iOS 7, there is no jailbreak out for that iOS. iOS 6 and earlier, you can find the jailbreak software online. Service providers will never jailbreak your phone. And it voids your insurance (if you have any) if they find out that your phone is jailbroken.

7 of 9 (1,621 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 1:25:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Why are you thinking about jailbreaking your iPhone 4S? Like other people said, Apple and AT&T never help you if brick the 4S.

Why are you thinking about jailbreaking your iPhone 4S? Like other people said, Apple and AT&T never help you if brick the 4S.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 9 (1,593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 7:42:09 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Nov 30, 2013 at 7:42:43 AM

sandblaster wrote:

gphipps wrote:

http://www.cultofmac.com/213144/unlocking-a-new-iphone-is-now-illegal-but-jailbreaking-is-still-safe...

Unlocking through 3rd party = illegal if purchased after 01/26/2013

jailbreaking = legal for Iphone and ipod, illegal for ipad

sandblaster wrote:

gphipps wrote:

http://www.cultofmac.com/213144/unlocking-a-new-iphone-is-now-illegal-but-jailbreaking-is-still-safe-what-it-all-means-for-you/

Unlocking through 3rd party = illegal if purchased after 01/26/2013

jailbreaking = legal for Iphone and ipod, illegal for ipad

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (1,554 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments