Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 6, 2013
10:30:03 PM
View profile
HTC 8X language

I got HTC 8X which is unlocked but it seems that it support English and Espanol only. I wonder if I can get Arabic language support for HTC PM23300.
Software V. 3030.0.34101.502

I appreciate your help. Thanks

I got HTC 8X which is unlocked but it seems that it support English and Espanol only. I wonder if I can get Arabic language support for HTC PM23300.
Software V. 3030.0.34101.502

I appreciate your help. Thanks

HTC 8X language

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 5:20:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by johninsj on Oct 7, 2013 at 5:20:24 AM

Definitely WP8 supports Arabic.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/feature-and-service-availability

"The specific languages included in your phone depend on your mobile operator or phone manufacturer."

You can select a different language for your keyboard which will allow you to write in Arabic, but your phone OS will still be limited to the ones supplied by HTC

Use Settings->Keyboard->add keyboards

The only way to get Arabic on the 8X is to find a rom that has it, and flash that. The AT&T/US rom doesn't have it. That's not a trivial thing to do, and isn't discussed on this forum.

Definitely WP8 supports Arabic.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/feature-and-service-availability

"The specific languages included in your phone depend on your mobile operator or phone manufacturer."

You can select a different language for your keyboard which will allow you to write in Arabic, but your phone OS will still be limited to the ones supplied by HTC

Use Settings->Keyboard->add keyboards

The only way to get Arabic on the 8X is to find a rom that has it, and flash that. The AT&T/US rom doesn't have it. That's not a trivial thing to do, and isn't discussed on this forum.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC 8X language

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (9,224 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments