Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 7, 2013
9:50:30 PM
View profile
HELP! Can't sync Outlook calendar on Mac to Galaxy Note 3.

I'm reading posts stating that Microsoft made a change in October 2013 that no longer allows the Outlook for Mac calendar to sync with the Google calendar. Is there another way to sync the Outlook 2011 calendar on my new Macbook with the Galaxy Note 3?

I'm reading posts stating that Microsoft made a change in October 2013 that no longer allows the Outlook for Mac calendar to sync with the Google calendar. Is there another way to sync the Outlook 2011 calendar on my new Macbook with the Galaxy Note 3?

HELP! Can't sync Outlook calendar on Mac to Galaxy Note 3.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 8:36:03 AM
(0)
Master

To the best of my knowledge and research, Outlook for Mac does not support Caldav syncing for their product making syncing with Google calendars not possible.  Previously Google did support a sync process using exchange but they cut that off too and is what I think you are seeing referenced.  The support or supported legacy setups but once you changed hardware, you could not re-setup that sync process.

Outlook is unfortunatley best for use with an exchange server only to get the full functionality out of it.  Others may have found some work-arounds but I have not seen any........

I use the built in Mac OS X, Mail, iCal, and Address book apps to make up for the single integrated Outlook for Mac which I also have on my MacBook Pro.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

To the best of my knowledge and research, Outlook for Mac does not support Caldav syncing for their product making syncing with Google calendars not possible.  Previously Google did support a sync process using exchange but they cut that off too and is what I think you are seeing referenced.  The support or supported legacy setups but once you changed hardware, you could not re-setup that sync process.

Outlook is unfortunatley best for use with an exchange server only to get the full functionality out of it.  Others may have found some work-arounds but I have not seen any........

I use the built in Mac OS X, Mail, iCal, and Address book apps to make up for the single integrated Outlook for Mac which I also have on my MacBook Pro.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: HELP! Can't sync Outlook calendar on Mac to Galaxy Note 3.

2 of 2 (291 Views)