Grandfathering a 2GB plan

Contributor

Grandfathering a 2GB plan

Looks like a lot of iphone users can still grandfather an unlimited plan.

Unlike them, I simply have a 2GB $25 LTE plan. I tried to upgrade today, but they're forcing me to a 3GB $30 LTE plan. I don't see any options to skip it at the complete order page.

Anybody know if it's possible to keep my 2GB plan?

Doesn't quite make sense...I'm still using android, I'm still using LTE, but I can't grandfather it and unlimited users can??

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (564 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Grandfathering a 2GB plan

I always recommend that anyone with any type of grandfathered plan do upgrades at an AT&T Corporate store.

Message 2 of 4 (560 Views)
ACE - Master

day2k wrote:

Looks like a lot of iphone users can still grandfather an unlimited plan.

Unlike them, I simply have a 2GB $25 LTE plan. I tried to upgrade today, but they're forcing me to a 3GB $30 LTE plan. I don't see any options to skip it at the complete order page.

Anybody know if it's possible to keep my 2GB plan?

Doesn't quite make sense...I'm still using android, I'm still using LTE, but I can't grandfather it and unlimited users can??

Thanks!

I upgraded my wife's iphone earlier this year and was able to keep her grandfathered 200mb plan, so you should be able to keep the 2GB plan. However, that may depend on where you are doing the upgrade. If you are upgrading through a third party retailer (Amazon, Best Buy, etc), it is possible they can only offer you a current data plan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (531 Views)
Employee

Hey day2k,

I'm definetly sorry for any confusion,

As sandblaster & 21stNow, it's not apparent that AT&T policy is to change your plans.

There are many stores that have the AT&T logo, and have authorization to sell AT&T products. Their systems and training is unfortuanetly limited.

For whatever reason, they either may be unable to, or may not know how to keep your grandfathered plan.

Our corporate locations, phone CSRs, and even likely through our site, should allow you to keep it.

If they did already complete your order, there may be a way (maybe) to get it back. Explain the situation to a phone CSR, and sometimes we can revert or fix it, by submitting a special request.

Hopefully this helps clarify the issue. Thank you for your patience.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (474 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.