Grandfathered plan eliminated?

Teacher

Grandfathered plan eliminated?

I've been on the old "Smartphone 10c/min" plan for several years now, grandfathered since AT&T eliminated it, getting PAYG rates but still able to buy data packs when I need them. https://www.paygonline.com/websc/rateplans/GSP1_en.jsp I just went to PAYGOnline to buy a data pack, but found that my plan is now called "10c/min NO PPU DATA". It still links to the GSP1 page above, but now I can only buy a 50MB data pack for $5, not the cheaper-per-MB rate (equivalent to 100MB for $5) that were in the original plan. Eliminating a grandfathered plan is really bad form, AT&T. Now I have to pay more per MB. Not impressed. Not happy.
Message 1 of 3
Mentor

Re: Grandfathered plan eliminated?

most  smart phones  have  free  WI-FI  ..  WI-Fi  is  free     That  way  save  you  money?  Want  I  do  is  use  my  rator  at  home?   Grandfathered  no?  On  a  go phone  is  a  pre-pay?    

Message 2 of 3
Master

Re: Grandfathered plan eliminated?

AT&T has changed their prepaid plans several times (too many, in my opinion) within the last year or so. Unfortunately, this was a bad move on their part because so many people were able to take advantage of the somewhat "generous" data packages. Now customers are stuck with a very limited selection of data packages with a low data allotment. Tsk tsk...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support