Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 16, 2013
1:04:19 AM
View profile
Grandfathered plan eliminated?
I've been on the old "Smartphone 10c/min" plan for several years now, grandfathered since AT&T eliminated it, getting PAYG rates but still able to buy data packs when I need them. https://www.paygonline.com/websc/rateplans/GSP1_en.jsp I just went to PAYGOnline to buy a data pack, but found that my plan is now called "10c/min NO PPU DATA". It still links to the GSP1 page above, but now I can only buy a 50MB data pack for $5, not the cheaper-per-MB rate (equivalent to 100MB for $5) that were in the original plan. Eliminating a grandfathered plan is really bad form, AT&T. Now I have to pay more per MB. Not impressed. Not happy.
I've been on the old "Smartphone 10c/min" plan for several years now, grandfathered since AT&T eliminated it, getting PAYG rates but still able to buy data packs when I need them. https://www.paygonline.com/websc/rateplans/GSP1_en.jsp I just went to PAYGOnline to buy a data pack, but found that my plan is now called "10c/min NO PPU DATA". It still links to the GSP1 page above, but now I can only buy a 50MB data pack for $5, not the cheaper-per-MB rate (equivalent to 100MB for $5) that were in the original plan. Eliminating a grandfathered plan is really bad form, AT&T. Now I have to pay more per MB. Not impressed. Not happy.

Grandfathered plan eliminated?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2013 8:52:05 AM
(0)
Mentor

most  smart phones  have  free  WI-FI  ..  WI-Fi  is  free     That  way  save  you  money?  Want  I  do  is  use  my  rator  at  home?   Grandfathered  no?  On  a  go phone  is  a  pre-pay?    

most  smart phones  have  free  WI-FI  ..  WI-Fi  is  free     That  way  save  you  money?  Want  I  do  is  use  my  rator  at  home?   Grandfathered  no?  On  a  go phone  is  a  pre-pay?    

Re: Grandfathered plan eliminated?

2 of 3 (410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 5:15:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
AT&T has changed their prepaid plans several times (too many, in my opinion) within the last year or so. Unfortunately, this was a bad move on their part because so many people were able to take advantage of the somewhat "generous" data packages. Now customers are stuck with a very limited selection of data packages with a low data allotment. Tsk tsk...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

AT&T has changed their prepaid plans several times (too many, in my opinion) within the last year or so. Unfortunately, this was a bad move on their part because so many people were able to take advantage of the somewhat "generous" data packages. Now customers are stuck with a very limited selection of data packages with a low data allotment. Tsk tsk...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Grandfathered plan eliminated?

3 of 3 (343 Views)