Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 14, 2013
10:32:55 PM
View profile
Grandfathered Data plan IPhone 5
Edited by jhillyer253 on Jun 14, 2013 at 10:35:08 PM

Hi i have a grand fathered data plan and i recently bought an iphone 5 full price unlocked form apple i inserted my sim card and im not getting LTE on my device

What do i need to do in order to get LTE on my device ?

To get LTE can they just provision my number to receive LTE data without changing my ? 

To get tethering on my device do i need to add that to my account or do i have to get a new plan which i dont want to

have to do  ? 

Hi i have a grand fathered data plan and i recently bought an iphone 5 full price unlocked form apple i inserted my sim card and im not getting LTE on my device

To get LTE can they just provision my number to receive LTE data without changing my ? 

To get tethering on my device do i need to add that to my account or do i have to get a new plan which i dont want to

have to do  ? 

Grandfathered Data plan IPhone 5

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2013 5:00:14 AM
(0)
Expert

jhillyer253 wrote:

have to do  ? 

it should be automatic for lte

As far as tethering goes you will need to switch from the unlimited plan to either one of the mobile shared data plans or the 5GB data tethering plan, there is no add on for tethering it is a fork lift removal of the old unlimited plan and the addition on a new one.

jhillyer253 wrote:

have to do  ? 

As far as tethering goes you will need to switch from the unlimited plan to either one of the mobile shared data plans or the 5GB data tethering plan, there is no add on for tethering it is a fork lift removal of the old unlimited plan and the addition on a new one.

Re: Grandfathered Data plan IPhone 5

2 of 5 (2,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2013 10:01:20 AM
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

jhillyer253 wrote:

have to do  ? 

LTE isn't quite automatic. You still must have an LTE compatible data plan. Call CS and have them switch you to the LTE compatible unlimited plan. Also, as Wingrider pointed out, if you switch to a tethering plan, you will lose unlimited and you won't be able to get it back. 

wingrider01 wrote:

jhillyer253 wrote:

have to do  ? 

LTE isn't quite automatic. You still must have an LTE compatible data plan. Call CS and have them switch you to the LTE compatible unlimited plan. Also, as Wingrider pointed out, if you switch to a tethering plan, you will lose unlimited and you won't be able to get it back. 

3 of 5 (2,050 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2013 1:12:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

You need a LTE SIM. I've used my iPhone 4 data plan with LTE just fine. It's the SIM that matters

You need a LTE SIM. I've used my iPhone 4 data plan with LTE just fine. It's the SIM that matters

4 of 5 (1,919 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 12:03:19 AM
(0)
Tutor
You will need an updated SIM that supports LTE. The system will recognize the new sim and provision LTE from 3G/HSPA+

As for tethering, they will change you to the 5GB plan. May want to think about it...
You will need an updated SIM that supports LTE. The system will recognize the new sim and provision LTE from 3G/HSPA+

As for tethering, they will change you to the 5GB plan. May want to think about it...

5 of 5 (1,771 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments