Wireless Forums

Posted Sep 30, 2013
6:31:33 PM
Gophone won't let me choose the 10 cents per minute plan
I wanted to choose the 10 cents per minute plan, however when I was selecting the plan it did not show up. I chose the 25 dollar plan, but when I went back later to change it to the 10 cent per min plan it didn't come up as an option. How do I choose it if it doesn't come up as an option. I already had this plan with the same phone, so I don't know why it doesn't show up. Help??
I wanted to choose the 10 cents per minute plan, however when I was selecting the plan it did not show up. I chose the 25 dollar plan, but when I went back later to change it to the 10 cent per min plan it didn't come up as an option. How do I choose it if it doesn't come up as an option. I already had this plan with the same phone, so I don't know why it doesn't show up. Help??

Gophone won't let me choose the 10 cents per minute plan

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 4:50:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

I presume you bought a smartphone. In that case there's no option to avail the 10c and $2 rate plan, ATT is tryin to sell their $60 w/data to all smartphone users. What you can do is call go phone support 800-901-9878 , tell them specifically you dont want to use data. They'll give you the 10c,$2 even $1(i dont know what it is) option.

I presume you bought a smartphone. In that case there's no option to avail the 10c and $2 rate plan, ATT is tryin to sell their $60 w/data to all smartphone users. What you can do is call go phone support 800-901-9878 , tell them specifically you dont want to use data. They'll give you the 10c,$2 even $1(i dont know what it is) option.

Re: Gophone won't let me choose the 10 cents per minute plan

2 of 11 (3,933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 6:06:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
That is correct. That $0.10 per minute plan is not available to smartphone users. Only "grandfathered" users are still eligible to use the plan.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

That is correct. That $0.10 per minute plan is not available to smartphone users. Only "grandfathered" users are still eligible to use the plan.

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (3,923 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 4:04:31 PM
(0)
Tutor
Maybe that is how I got it with my last phone...do I eventually become a grandfathered user or did they change everything?
Maybe that is how I got it with my last phone...do I eventually become a grandfathered user or did they change everything?

4 of 11 (3,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 4:06:00 PM
(0)
Tutor
I tried calling the number but they still only say the 50 60 and 45 dollar plans. Is there another way to get the 10 cents per minute plan?
I tried calling the number but they still only say the 50 60 and 45 dollar plans. Is there another way to get the 10 cents per minute plan?

5 of 11 (3,875 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 4:07:39 PM
(0)
Tutor
Could I buy another Phone that isn't a smartphone and put the SIM card into the phone that I have now?
Could I buy another Phone that isn't a smartphone and put the SIM card into the phone that I have now?

6 of 11 (3,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 7:17:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If your last phone was not a smartphone and you were able to select the $0.10 per minute plan, then that's probably why you were able to choose it then and not now. You would eventually become a grandfathered user. Once you decide to switch plans, however, that's what causes you to lose your eligibility.

You could try calling customer service and ask them if they would allow you to use the $0.10 per minute plan with your smartphone, but there are no guarantees. There is one way that I know would work, but you would have to activate a new SIM card with a whole new account, phone number, etc. I would recommend calling CS.

As far a using a non-smartphone with your SIM card, it would be interesting to see if the $0.10 per minute plan magically became available to you. My assumption would be that yes, it probably would.

If your last phone was not a smartphone and you were able to select the $0.10 per minute plan, then that's probably why you were able to choose it then and not now. You would eventually become a grandfathered user. Once you decide to switch plans, however, that's what causes you to lose your eligibility.

You could try calling customer service and ask them if they would allow you to use the $0.10 per minute plan with your smartphone, but there are no guarantees. There is one way that I know would work, but you would have to activate a new SIM card with a whole new account, phone number, etc. I would recommend calling CS.

As far a using a non-smartphone with your SIM card, it would be interesting to see if the $0.10 per minute plan magically became available to you. My assumption would be that yes, it probably would.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 11 (3,825 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 11:07:01 PM
(0)
Scholar
Hello mlepertine. I am currently on the 10c plan and i am an iphone user. That is a smartphone right? I was previously on the $25 rate plan, i just called them and said im not going to use data. They change my plan to 10c, but i cant use data only wifi.
Was wondering when you called what did you tell them? Or maybe the agent didnt know what to do. The magic word is "im not gonna use data", dont say anything else or they'll just give you loads of crap.lol just kiddin'
Hope this would help. I am a 100% sure of this
Hello mlepertine. I am currently on the 10c plan and i am an iphone user. That is a smartphone right? I was previously on the $25 rate plan, i just called them and said im not going to use data. They change my plan to 10c, but i cant use data only wifi.
Was wondering when you called what did you tell them? Or maybe the agent didnt know what to do. The magic word is "im not gonna use data", dont say anything else or they'll just give you loads of crap.lol just kiddin'

8 of 11 (3,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 3:51:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

LG_21 wrote:

Yes, an iPhone is most definitely a smartphone. Your example is the perfect example for the OP. :smileyhappy:

LG_21 wrote:

Yes, an iPhone is most definitely a smartphone. Your example is the perfect example for the OP. :smileyhappy:

9 of 11 (3,793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 11:40:05 AM
(0)
Contributor
My phone is not working (need reload) so I cannot call out at all. Is there a website where I can see the rate plans other than my usual monthly prepaid amount. I will be switching to contract by end of the week so there is no point paying for a full month of service. Thank you.
My phone is not working (need reload) so I cannot call out at all. Is there a website where I can see the rate plans other than my usual monthly prepaid amount. I will be switching to contract by end of the week so there is no point paying for a full month of service. Thank you.

10 of 11 (3,728 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 6:53:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

mynameis99 wrote:

You can take a look at AT&T's postpaid contract plans here: 

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans-new.html#fbid=G14l7s35yxy

mynameis99 wrote:

You can take a look at AT&T's postpaid contract plans here: 

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans-new.html#fbid=G14l7s35yxy

11 of 11 (3,700 Views)