Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 11, 2013
9:55:57 AM
View profile
Google Play Music - Artists in alphabetical order, how do I omit the word "the"...

I'm new to Android and still trying to make my way through the apps and OS.  Among the things that are driving me crazy is the fact that Google Play Music sorts artists in alphabetical order, but doesn't overlook the word "The" at the beginning of an artist name.  So, for example, you can find "The Beatles" under T.  Is there anyway to configure the sort to act more, uh, intelligently, like it does in iTunes?

I'm new to Android and still trying to make my way through the apps and OS.  Among the things that are driving me crazy is the fact that Google Play Music sorts artists in alphabetical order, but doesn't overlook the word "The" at the beginning of an artist name.  So, for example, you can find "The Beatles" under T.  Is there anyway to configure the sort to act more, uh, intelligently, like it does in iTunes?

Google Play Music - Artists in alphabetical order, how do I omit the word "the"...

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 12:05:19 PM
(0)
Professor

Not without decompiling and editing some code.

There are always other alternatives out there, you know. 

Not without decompiling and editing some code.

There are always other alternatives out there, you know. 

Re: Google Play Music - Artists in alphabetical order, how do I omit the word "the"...

2 of 2 (1,219 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments