Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 3, 2013
6:30:02 AM
View profile
GoPhone: FaceTime (apple over cellular)
Edited by kelbers on Jul 3, 2013 at 7:08:18 AM

Per AT&T support FaceTime over Cellular is a supported feature on the $60 plan.

Cellular Data works and FaceTime itself is enabled but I cannot enable facetime over cellular. When trying to enable it a pop-up appears that says AT&T needs to enable that data feature.

Is there a feature code for this? Helpdesk says all features are enabled on my account. Also reset my phone already to confirm it is not phone related but then it again this message comes from AT7T when the phone checks my account..

Any ideas how I get this escalated?

EDIT: Escalated to backoffice. Now have a case number. 

Per this http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23516&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35684 FaceTime over cellular should be available.

Also confirmed by AT&T Chat Support and first person called on support hotline that it should work. I was told by the first support person that they recently had another case like this and they did something fo enable FT but could not remember what. Second person on hotline couldn't find a FaceTime button on the computer screen an said it would not be available.

Per AT&T support FaceTime over Cellular is a supported feature on the $60 plan.

Cellular Data works and FaceTime itself is enabled but I cannot enable facetime over cellular. When trying to enable it a pop-up appears that says AT&T needs to enable that data feature.

Is there a feature code for this? Helpdesk says all features are enabled on my account. Also reset my phone already to confirm it is not phone related but then it again this message comes from AT7T when the phone checks my account..

Any ideas how I get this escalated?

EDIT: Escalated to backoffice. Now have a case number. 

Per this http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23516&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35684 FaceTime over cellular should be available.

Also confirmed by AT&T Chat Support and first person called on support hotline that it should work. I was told by the first support person that they recently had another case like this and they did something fo enable FT but could not remember what. Second person on hotline couldn't find a FaceTime button on the computer screen an said it would not be available.

GoPhone: FaceTime (apple over cellular)

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 7:25:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I wonder if you have to use an LTE-specific device. Are you trying to do this with an iPhone 5?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I wonder if you have to use an LTE-specific device. Are you trying to do this with an iPhone 5?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GoPhone: FaceTime (apple over cellular)

2 of 8 (6,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 7:36:09 PM
(0)
Contributor
How was this resolved? I'm having the same problem on my iPhone5 go phone service.
How was this resolved? I'm having the same problem on my iPhone5 go phone service.

3 of 8 (5,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 3:58:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

victorgator wrote:

I assume that you are using a prepaid data package with your iPhone?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

victorgator wrote:

I assume that you are using a prepaid data package with your iPhone?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (5,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 12:03:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi,

Even I am facing the similar problem and spoke to Apple Support and according to them, it is a carrier issue and not theirs. One more information I could get it from them is, iMessage and FaceTime works on the same platform.

Please help !!

Hi,

Even I am facing the similar problem and spoke to Apple Support and according to them, it is a carrier issue and not theirs. One more information I could get it from them is, iMessage and FaceTime works on the same platform.

Please help !!

5 of 8 (5,595 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 12:50:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes, the $60 monthly unlimited with data.  It comes with 2 GB of data.  I have plenty available, and happy to buy more if I run out.   "To enable FaceTime over cellular on this account, contact AT&T at 611"

Yes, the $60 monthly unlimited with data.  It comes with 2 GB of data.  I have plenty available, and happy to buy more if I run out.   "To enable FaceTime over cellular on this account, contact AT&T at 611"

6 of 8 (5,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 4:03:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem. iphone 5s on ios 7 with the gophone plan and can't get facetime to work over cellular. It works fine on WiFi. It also worked fine on my iphone 4s. AT&T told me they don't support facetime on any prepay plans. So do they or not?

I have the same problem. iphone 5s on ios 7 with the gophone plan and can't get facetime to work over cellular. It works fine on WiFi. It also worked fine on my iphone 4s. AT&T told me they don't support facetime on any prepay plans. So do they or not?

7 of 8 (5,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2013 6:15:30 AM
(0)
Contributor
Tech told me flat out that they don't support FaceTime for prepaid customers. I just said thanks and hung up.
Tech told me flat out that they don't support FaceTime for prepaid customers. I just said thanks and hung up.

8 of 8 (3,797 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments