Getting a Place of Primary Use issue pop up when trying to buy a SIM Card..

Contributor

Getting a Place of Primary Use issue pop up when trying to buy a SIM Card..

Hi, I'd like to buy a SIM Card and plan for my iPad 3g+Wireless, but once i fill everything out, and hit checkout, and box appears and says:

Your Place of Primary Use is the street address where you live and is used to calculate taxes on your monthly service.
The ZIP Code of your Place of Primary Use Address doesn't match the one you provided prior to Checkout.
Since both ZIP Codes need to match, how would you like to continue?

x
I need to update the ZIP Code I provided prior to Checkout.

x
I need to update my Place of Primary Use Address.

Okay, but the zip codes do match, and changing either option dosne't help. Tried allowing all cookies, reopening browser, and different browsers/computers. I really would like some help, my closest at&t place isn't close by, and i"d love to get setup by just buying the SIM card and plan. So, if anyone knows how to fix the issue, please tell me. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,662 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Getting a Place of Primary Use issue pop up when trying to buy a SIM Card..

Hmm how odd.. Are you certain that the details your entering are all correct? Sometimes putting things like a wrong state, or Ave instead of Road, Lane etc.can cause issues with validation.

You can also call Customer Care for assistance and provide them the SIM care number and they can set you up. That would be the ICCID line portion on the back of the iPad box if you don't have the SIM card tray thing that says the number.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (1,604 Views)
Contributor

Any solution to this?  I called Bank of America, ATT phone help and ATT Chat help.  Nobody knows why it is happening.

Message 3 of 5 (1,242 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same exact problem, 1hr on phone no body solved the issue, can you guys please fix this? I can't wait longer, the phone I need are avaialble with verizon, and if you guys wont fix this today I am going with verizon

Message 4 of 5 (1,187 Views)
ACE - Professor

Because the SIM card is preinstalled on the iPad, simply call Customer Care so they can provision the SIM card. The SIM card number is the ICCID number behind the iPad's box, which also has the serial etc. Provide that and you should be good to go.

You can also get a new SIM card at any AT&T corporate store, which may help alleviate the issue.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (1,175 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support