Galaxy S4 Active - reception is not acceptable

Galaxy S4 Active - reception is not acceptable

I'm on my 2nd S4 Active within 30 days and I'm having a hard time getting phone service in areas that my wife's iPhone 4S and my previous phone (Atrix2) worked just fine.  I called and they "reset" my network connection from the customer service line.  Didn't notice any significant change though.  I did notice on the AT&T coverage map that the area I was close to was marked with 3G... Is there anyway to improve signal with this phone, other than a cell signal booster from Wilson (which I already have)?  Features of the phone are spectacular but, I need a phone much more than I need a gadget!!

Message 1 of 5 (3,684 Views)
Expert

Re: Galaxy S4 Active - reception is not acceptable

TheBarnesDoor wrote:

I'm on my 2nd S4 Active within 30 days and I'm having a hard time getting phone service in areas that my wife's iPhone 4S and my previous phone (Atrix2) worked just fine.  I called and they "reset" my network connection from the customer service line.  Didn't notice any significant change though.  I did notice on the AT&T coverage map that the area I was close to was marked with 3G... Is there anyway to improve signal with this phone, other than a cell signal booster from Wilson (which I already have)?  Features of the phone are spectacular but, I need a phone much more than I need a gadget!!

none that I am aware of. you might try tuning off LTE if that is possible on the phone, 3G tends to be a little more reliable in weak signal areas. Might try giving samsung US a call. Unfortunately if you are beyond the first 14 days you are pretty much stuck.

Message 2 of 5 (3,668 Views)

Wingrider, thanks for the suggestion.  However, this model phone does not allow user to determine the mobile network types Smiley Sad  If only I could go back to a bag phone like you...  I'd even settle for a backpack phone if I could get reception on a consistent basis!  Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 5 (3,635 Views)
Expert

TheBarnesDoor wrote:

Wingrider, thanks for the suggestion.  However, this model phone does not allow user to determine the mobile network types Smiley Sad  If only I could go back to a bag phone like you...  I'd even settle for a backpack phone if I could get reception on a consistent basis!  Smiley LOL

first one outside of a couple of friends that noticed the device typeSmiley Happy Unforunately the Helath and welfare organizations would raise cain with a 5 watt transeiver as compared to the .6 watt devices that we have now, the creams of "health issues" would rock the halls of the goverment offices

Message 4 of 5 (3,613 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

I do not have reception issues on my GS4 Active. Have you tried getting a new SIM card? As minor as it may seem, sometimes that is the cause of your issues. Authentication and connecting to cell towers can be an issue with a malfunctioning SIM card,

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 5 of 5 (3,536 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.