Galaxy S4 Active - reception is not acceptable

Galaxy S4 Active - reception is not acceptable

I'm on my 2nd S4 Active within 30 days and I'm having a hard time getting phone service in areas that my wife's iPhone 4S and my previous phone (Atrix2) worked just fine.  I called and they "reset" my network connection from the customer service line.  Didn't notice any significant change though.  I did notice on the AT&T coverage map that the area I was close to was marked with 3G... Is there anyway to improve signal with this phone, other than a cell signal booster from Wilson (which I already have)?  Features of the phone are spectacular but, I need a phone much more than I need a gadget!!

Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Galaxy S4 Active - reception is not acceptable

TheBarnesDoor wrote:

I'm on my 2nd S4 Active within 30 days and I'm having a hard time getting phone service in areas that my wife's iPhone 4S and my previous phone (Atrix2) worked just fine.  I called and they "reset" my network connection from the customer service line.  Didn't notice any significant change though.  I did notice on the AT&T coverage map that the area I was close to was marked with 3G... Is there anyway to improve signal with this phone, other than a cell signal booster from Wilson (which I already have)?  Features of the phone are spectacular but, I need a phone much more than I need a gadget!!

none that I am aware of. you might try tuning off LTE if that is possible on the phone, 3G tends to be a little more reliable in weak signal areas. Might try giving samsung US a call. Unfortunately if you are beyond the first 14 days you are pretty much stuck.

Message 2 of 5

Wingrider, thanks for the suggestion.  However, this model phone does not allow user to determine the mobile network types Smiley Sad  If only I could go back to a bag phone like you...  I'd even settle for a backpack phone if I could get reception on a consistent basis!  Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 5
Expert

TheBarnesDoor wrote:

Wingrider, thanks for the suggestion.  However, this model phone does not allow user to determine the mobile network types Smiley Sad  If only I could go back to a bag phone like you...  I'd even settle for a backpack phone if I could get reception on a consistent basis!  Smiley LOL

first one outside of a couple of friends that noticed the device typeSmiley Happy Unforunately the Helath and welfare organizations would raise cain with a 5 watt transeiver as compared to the .6 watt devices that we have now, the creams of "health issues" would rock the halls of the goverment offices

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Scholar

I do not have reception issues on my GS4 Active. Have you tried getting a new SIM card? As minor as it may seem, sometimes that is the cause of your issues. Authentication and connecting to cell towers can be an issue with a malfunctioning SIM card,

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support