Helpful Links

Galaxy Note 3 Users

ACE - Master

Galaxy Note 3 Users

I just sent a message to the Admins about the connection issues. However, if all of you who are having Note 3 issues will send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig), that will certainly give weight to the issue and might get the engineers in gear. Phone support creates a ticket and sends it up the chain but CustomerCare is a more direct line further up. Just include your issue in detail, account info and location.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 174
Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Users

I have sent the PM requested and hopefully since I'm also an employee that will help too.  Just in case anyone wonders, I have tried all of the following to no avail (so don't waste your time):

Reboot Microcell

Reboot everything (modem, then router, then microcell)

Restarting phone before and after each of these steps

Full factory reset of the note 3 (that's right, I went nuclear)

We're all gonna have to be patient til they sort this out.  I hope it's soon as my house is in a cell signal black hole.  

Message 46 of 174
ACE - Master

KolHodge wrote:

I don't have a Note but I have a Galaxy SII. I've never had any issues connecting to my micro cell until tonight!  It will not connect at all and I've repowered everything!  My daughters phone is connected...Very aggrivated. Why won't my phone connect all of a sudden?

Does your daughter have a Galaxy SII as well? DId your phone get an update?

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 47 of 174
Contributor

Galaxy Note 3 Android Version 4.3 will not connect to the 3G Microcell

We just purchased a new Galaxy Note 3 but kept the same line that was used before on the Microcell white list.  However the Note 3 would not connect to the microcell.  Under the menue: Settings, More networks, , Mobile Networks, Network operators - the option to connect to the Microcell will be visible but when you click it there is an error about the Data network that wont go away.    

After several days working with this issue I have a resolution that is working:

Galaxy Note 3 version 4.3 not connecting to AT&T 3G microcell. It turns out there are two SIM's being used on new device activations. The newer one has an Orange end and has the new NFC mobile wallet capability, one has a Blue end. The blue is the older one without the new NFC capability. The Note 3 will only connect to the AT&T Microcell using the older BLUE SIM. The SIM shipped with the Note is the New Orange one so they need to be swapped.

Cheers

Message 48 of 174
ACE - Master

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Android Version 4.3 will not connect to the 3G Microcell

If a different SIM card truly does correct the connection issue, then my guess is that the IMSI code on the newer card (which has the NFC wallet capabilities) has not been configured yet, or correctly, for use with AT&T and the connection fails because the MicroCell is an IMSI device. The IMSI/IMEI codes are embedded on the SIM card for phones that use them. SIM-less phones have the codes embedded on the chipset. I sure hope it's as simple as a SIM card replacement.

Message 49 of 174
Voyager

I have had the same problem.  My Note 3 connected to our Microcell for about a week and then yesterday it just will no longer connect.  I have tried everything that has been listed on the community to no avail.   If the older sim card resolves the issue is AT&T shipping those on request or are they working to resolve this issue another way.  I've also read that it is a problem with the Android OS so I'm unsure where the real problem lies.  I just purchased this microcell about a week ago and all my other phones connect just fine.   The Note 3 also connected for a while and now it will not connect at all. :-(

Message 50 of 174
ACE - Master

I've passed on the SIM card observation to the Admins so we'll see.

Message 51 of 174
ACE - Master

As a followup, the MicroCell is not designed (configured) for retail transactions. It's possible that what ever the NFC wallet feature does on the orange-marked SIM cards (snoops for compatible devices?), it confuses the MicroCell so the connection is dropped or not established at all. I've presented this to the Admins and if the engineering/IT group can confirm that, I'll post that to the MicroCell forum.

Message 52 of 174
Contributor

I just went to the att corporate store and swapped my orange sim for one with blue on it and as soon as I pulled up in my driveway it connected to the microcell. That is a 100% working fix. I too have the note 3 that stopped connecting after about a week. I tried everything everyone else on here has tried. Just wanted to let everyone know it works. Smiley Happy good luck. 

Message 53 of 174

Mine already has the blue on it and it still does not work.
Message 54 of 174

I called at&t and was told that they have confirmed it is a Google issue and that Google would be pushing out an update when it was ready. No date given. I did get a $93 dollar credit on my bill however. I'd someone else has success with the SIM card swap, please post it here as I so nor know if I can wait for Google ro push out an update
Message 55 of 174
ACE - Master

Ok. We have one blue card swap that works and one blue card that still doesn't work. This is sounding more and more like a Google issue that wasn't tested adequately by Google and AT&T. If it indeed is a Google issue, then there's not much AT&T can do about it until the update is pushed to the phones. My pm to the Admins apparently has created a big stir and with all of you sending pm's to CustomerCare, I think AT&T is starting to take this seriously. I don't expect to hear anything back from AT&T until next week, and then it will probably be just a confirmation that it is a Google issue and that they're "working on it".

Hang in there.

Message 56 of 174
Tutor

Per your request I sent a PM yesterday.  I am one of the people for whom the microcell worked for 8 days and then stopped, which I stated.  I got this response today and have no idea how it fits into this and whether they even understood the problem"

"Thank you for posting a message to us. We are aware of an outage and latency issues through Cisco via the Micro Cell.

This should be corrected by this afternoon. You may need to reboot your Micro cell. Please let me know if this is corrected or you are needing additional assistance.

Kindest regards,

Leslie

Social Media Manager"

Message 57 of 174
Tutor

I guess I should also state that it is only my Note 3 in the house that doesn't connect. All other devices still connect fine.
Message 58 of 174
Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note 3 not connecting to AT&T MicroCell

Mine seems to be having a similar issue, it sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't connect, though it worked fine for the first week.

I PM'd the customer care folks, thanks for posting that link, I never would have figured out a way to bypass the phone folks! 

Message 59 of 174
ACE - Master

Sounds to me like Leslie replied to the wrong pm. I'd send again.

Message 60 of 174
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support