Galaxy Note 3 Users

ACE - Master

Galaxy Note 3 Users

I just sent a message to the Admins about the connection issues. However, if all of you who are having Note 3 issues will send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig), that will certainly give weight to the issue and might get the engineers in gear. Phone support creates a ticket and sends it up the chain but CustomerCare is a more direct line further up. Just include your issue in detail, account info and location.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 174 (12,227 Views)
Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note 3 not connecting to AT&T MicroCell

I just bought a Note 3 while visiting my family in another state.  While there, my phone worked flawlessly with the microcell at my inlaws house.  I just flew back home yesterday and my Note 3 will not connect to my own microcell.  I have tried everything already posted on this forum outside of contacting AT&T with no success.

I will contact AT&T when I get home from work, but I am sure I will end up with similar results.

Message 28 of 174 (9,663 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Galaxy Note 3 not connecting to AT&T MicroCell

Send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig). That is usually a better way to register an isssue because it bypasses the phone support folks which have limited resources and training to help with the more difficult issues. And please put in your location. If the Note 3 worked in another state with a MicroCell, but doesn't work when you get home, the problem may be complicated by the fact that AT&T's IT Department hasn't completed yet what they need to do to get the Note 3 recognized across the entire network.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 31 of 174 (2,317 Views)

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Users

I talked with AT&T at length this morning and the tec apparently contacted the help desk at Samsung and Google. The consensus seems to be it is a software issue on the phone and now they are just trying to determine if it's Samsung's or Google's issue to resolve. I was told that they are working on a fix and will push out an update when that occurs. Of course I am highly skeptical about them actually working on a fix and if it will occur anytime soon. 

The temp fix, which did not work for me, is to turn off all data connections and sync (wifi, blutooth, mobile data) then use the more networks > mobile networks > network operators > search for microcell. That resulted in an error msg for me and apparently many others. 

If you are at home, and have a land/voip line, you can also forward calls to that line under the phone settings. I'm doing that now...glad to have purchased a note and MicroCell to have that be the current result! 

I'm going to keep calling once or twice a day for updates and I'll post if I hear anything. 

Message 33 of 174 (2,303 Views)
Contributor

I also purchased the Galaxy Note 3 a week ago, and my Microcell service worked for 3-4 days and then stopped working. The microcell still works with my iphone when I swap the sim card back to it, but not in the galaxy note 3. I was able to temporarily restore galaxy note 3 microcell service by doing the following:

1. power down modem router and microcell

2. power on modem router then microcell and connect in that order

3. restart galaxy note 3

This lasted for about 36 hours and randomly stopped again. By repeating this process I cannot restore microcell service anymore.

Message 34 of 174 (2,298 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the update. As I suspected, it sounds like a phone (OS) issue resulting in the phone not staying registered, or registered correctly, on AT&T's network when connecting via the MicroCell. AT&T is pretty much powerless when it comes to the mfr's updates so we'll just have to wait and see what Samsung or Android (Google) comes up with.

Message 35 of 174 (2,296 Views)
Tutor

When the note worked on micro cell the signal bars and wife were blue. They are only staying grey. Google issue?
Message 36 of 174 (2,280 Views)
ACE - Master

I don't know what the colors mean but it does sound like a Google problem in the way the signal is being sent/detected to the MicroCell.

Message 37 of 174 (2,274 Views)

I just hope it fixes soon as my router seems to not like samsung either so I have no wife or cell. You for 1 bar Web surfing.
Message 38 of 174 (2,267 Views)
ACE - Master

Sounds like the Galaxy Note 3 wasn't ready for prime time yet if you're having router issues as well.

Message 39 of 174 (2,263 Views)

No its my router. Did the same to my s3, note 2, s2 skyrocket, samsung tablet. Xfinity just doesn't want to listen to me.
Message 40 of 174 (2,258 Views)
ACE - Master

Sounds like you have a room-full of electronic gremlins Smiley Sad Thanks for the clarification.

Message 41 of 174 (2,247 Views)

Yeah. Everything from cell to Internet and even our dish receiver have all made life a pain. Lol.
Message 42 of 174 (2,242 Views)
ACE - Master

....... and they were supposed to make life easier, right? Smiley Wink

Message 43 of 174 (2,228 Views)

Yeah, sure.
Message 44 of 174 (2,194 Views)
Contributor

I don't have a Note but I have a Galaxy SII. I've never had any issues connecting to my micro cell until tonight!  It will not connect at all and I've repowered everything!  My daughters phone is connected...Very aggrivated. Why won't my phone connect all of a sudden?

Message 45 of 174 (2,187 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.