Galaxy Note 3 Users

ACE - Master

Galaxy Note 3 Users

I just sent a message to the Admins about the connection issues. However, if all of you who are having Note 3 issues will send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig), that will certainly give weight to the issue and might get the engineers in gear. Phone support creates a ticket and sends it up the chain but CustomerCare is a more direct line further up. Just include your issue in detail, account info and location.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 174 (12,233 Views)

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Users

[ Edited ]

Same here. My Note 3 when I got it on Oct 3 would not connect. After reboot of the modem/router/MC it connected and stayed connected till today. Today it is on the 4G network with one bar and I tried all the suggested tricks but no dice.

Other phones, HTC One, Galaxy S4 Active and Galaxy SIII are connecting w/o any problems.

I have the orange SIM card and do not believe that is the problem as the S4 Active connects to the MC with the SIM card in it and the Note 3 was connected from Oct 3 till today.

I did sent PM to the support and hopefully it will get resolved as I have terrible reception in my house from regular cell coverage.

Edit: My MicroCell was manufactured in November 2012

Message 76 of 174 (3,326 Views)
Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note 3 not connecting to AT&T MicroCell

So I just went to the ATT store and swapped my orange sim out for the blue non-NFC capable SIM card and still do not have microcell service. 

Message 77 of 174 (3,321 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Well I guess the SIM orange/blue card and the NFC wallet function is not the culprit Smiley Sad Buggy software seems to be more and more the issue. Even Apple has some issues with their new phones and iOS 7 so this is not uncommon. However, for those of you who depend entirely on your cell phone/MicroCell for phone service at home this is not acceptable. I'll keep pushing until I'm told to back off.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 78 of 174 (3,313 Views)
Community Manager

AT&T is aware that some customers are experiencing difficulty connecting Microcell with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and LG G2 devices. Technical teams are working diligently to determine the cause and provide a solution as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 79 of 174 (3,306 Views)
ACE - Master

Thanks Dmitriy!

Message 80 of 174 (3,241 Views)
Teacher

RESOLUTION: GET THE NEW "GRAY" SIM

[ Edited ]

AT&T sent me a new microcell, did not fix the issue.

As I mentioned before, I rebooted and reset my entire system, did not fix the issue.

I got a case open with AT&T and a tech from ICU called me and told me to go to the AT&T store and get the "gray" SIM and not the BLUE one.  I already had the "gray' one but they replaced it anyway.

Once I got home, my microcell bars were blinking, probably from the outage today.  I deactived and reactivated my microcell to bring it back online. My day one Note 3 with the new "gray" SIM connected immediately as it did before.

I am not sure why my previous SIM worked from the 4th to the 13th, but got a new SIM today and its working again.  So as I said at the top, if you are having this issue, GET THE NEW SIM.

Message 81 of 174 (3,230 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Jemerich, you want the orange/white SIM with the gray end, NOT the blue one.

Message 82 of 174 (3,225 Views)
ACE - Master

Interesting. So there are different colored versions of the SIM? Sounds like Samsung has some 'splainin to do.

Message 83 of 174 (3,204 Views)

I also went to the at&t store and asked them for the oldest SIM they had (I had one with the blue on the end) He said they had some old ones that were supposed to be used with tablets. I said great I'll take that one. When I got home still no microcell service. I then deactivated and then reactivated my microcell and within about 30 mins, voilà. I now have microcell service again. I had all the same symptoms as everyone else. Got the Note 3 on launch day, had microcell for about a week then nothing. All seems good for now. Hope it lasts!!!!!
Message 84 of 174 (3,200 Views)

To be clear. The SIM I have now is orange and white with gray on the end.
Message 85 of 174 (3,199 Views)
ACE - Master

Thanks. I'll pass that along to the Admins.

Message 86 of 174 (3,196 Views)
Tutor

Spoke with ATT 1030p EDT and was told the problem was identified and a microcell update is being pushed out.  See what happens. I have tried switching sims, resetting, etc. to no avail.

Message 87 of 174 (3,191 Views)
Teacher

It could very well be the microcell it self, but if anything I'm betting it's a phone or SIM issue if it happens to me again. Until they come out with an official statement, only the SIM replacement has worked for me.
Message 88 of 174 (3,184 Views)
Tutor

For those of you who went to the AT&T store and got an orange and white SIMs with a gray end, and now have a Note 3 that connects with their MicroCell again, please come back to us in a day or so to confirm it is continuing to work.  On one of the android sites some people tried this and it worked, but another person said it didn't.  We need a permanent fix!

Message 89 of 174 (3,181 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

beadsmith. ..I agree. It took 10 days for mine to stop working the first time so I will keep everyone updated as time passes. I want a PERM fix as well as an official statement.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Message 90 of 174 (3,175 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.