Galaxy Note 3 Users

ACE - Master

Galaxy Note 3 Users

I just sent a message to the Admins about the connection issues. However, if all of you who are having Note 3 issues will send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig), that will certainly give weight to the issue and might get the engineers in gear. Phone support creates a ticket and sends it up the chain but CustomerCare is a more direct line further up. Just include your issue in detail, account info and location.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 174
ACE - Professor

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Users

@ Otto

v.3 should definitely list this procedure as something to try when faced with the dreaded flashing 3G light.  I think unregistering, hard resetting and reregistering which wipes the Mcell clean and starts fresh again is a good idea that will probably work to correct a connection problem with not just the Note 3 but other phones as well.

It's like wiping your hard drive clean and reinstalling Windows.  Things get corrupted and sometimes the best way to resolve the problem is completely starting over.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 151 of 174
ACE - Master

v1.3 will include this procedure. It's already in there but as indivdual fixes, not as a "linear procedure", which will save time and save people from having to wade thru the Guide. And you are correct, the hard reset does put the MicroCell back in its default state by clearing out all memory and settings and forces the MicroCell to go thru the entire Initial Acitvation steps as outlined in the Guide. It also makes the phone re-establish it's parameters as well.

Message 152 of 174
ACE - Professor

I know it's in there already but I'm just thinking that emphasizing this quick (relatively) procedure will solve a lot of problems and help users avoid trying all the other "flashing 3G light" suggestions listed and getting frustrated. 

Sometimes the brute force method is the best and quickest way to go.... 

Message 153 of 174
ACE - Master

Agreed. I just need to figure out where I want to put it so that it can be easily found. I probably should have set the Guide up with a Table of Contents for finding info (which I've started to work on).  I'll probably add it to two sections (redundancy is ok Smiley Wink), under the Blinking Green 3G light and the Summary of troubelshooting methods.

Message 154 of 174
Mentor

I'll add my 2 cents, as I noticed that my Note 3 automatically started connecting to my MicroCell yesterday after more than a week of "no connect".

Let me recap:

1. Purchased Microcell late August. Wife's iPhone 5 and my S III connected fine, but did have some installation issues that ATT resolved right away.

2. Upgraded to Note 3 on first day available in ATT Stores at beginning of October

3. Note 3 connected fine for a few days, then would not connect

4. Escalated problem report to ATT, and got a call back by a tech in mid-October. We tried everything, but only the iPhone and original S III would connect; Note 3 would not. We closed the case as I pondered my next steps.

5. Next day after closing the problem file, I had to reconfigure the network at home; rebooted router and Microcell, along with everything else I had on the network, including cable boxes. Note 3 connected to Microcell. Yippee!

6. Success was short lived, and after several days, Note 3 would not connect.

7. I was too busy to call ATT to follow-up and open a new case.

8. I noticed that LTE and 4G reception has improved around this time, and I was able to use the Note 3 better, with no connection to Microcell. iPhone still connected to Microcell fine.

9. Yesterday, noticed that suddenly Note 3 is connecting to Microcell fine, and it continued today. Able to leave home and return, and got reliable connection to Microcell.

I've done nothing since mid October. Obviously, ATT did something.

So...for now, I'm happy, and I hope this happiness continues.

Thank you to all the others who persisted and reported your problems to ATT. And I guess thank you to ATT, too for the follow-up, if indeed they actually pushed thru some updates automatically.

As for testing, I would expect that an ATT branded phone would be thoroughly tested before launch.

Message 155 of 174
ACE - Master

mikemihalik wrote:

I'll add my 2 cents, as I noticed that my Note 3 automatically started connecting to my MicroCell yesterday after more than a week of "no connect".

<snip>

As for testing, I would expect that an ATT branded phone would be thoroughly tested before launch.

Agreed. And I have said as much to the Admins but they can only do so much.

Message 156 of 174
Voyager

Had a Note 3 for a couple days then returned it because of not connecting to the microcell. Would consider getting one again IF the microcell issue is resolved.  I have read on here about things that work for some and not for others. Things that work for a day and then dont work anymore. Does anyone know if ATT or samsung determined the problem and sent ouit a real FIX for this problem. I dont want to go get another one, bring it home, and have it not connect to the microcell(which is a deal breaker for me). Thanks

Message 157 of 174
Teacher

Tom21,

It was a deal breaker for me as well, but I got the ISIS SIM and I have not had any connection issues since.  Also, as I mentioned before, I was informed by AT&T that they were pushing out a microcell update to resolve the issue.

I connected perfectly from Oct 4th to Oct 13th.  No connection from Oct 14th to Oct 18th.  From Oct 18th, after the SIM replacement I have been connecting with no issues at all.  On Oct 22nd, I received the call from AT&T stating some configuration changes were made on their side and to reboot the microcell.

So if things stay connected after tonight, it will be my longest strecth of staying connected.  There has not been any connects sometimes and not others, its been all or nothing.  Witht that being said and short of a statement from AT&T and Samsung, the issue seems to be clearered.

Message 158 of 174
Highlighted
ACE - Master

@Tom21 - see my post of Oct. 25. As of about 3am that day, AT&T/Samsung/Google pushed an update to correct the Note 3/G2 connection issues. It might have taken a full day or so for the update propagate thru the entire system. That should have taken care of the issue with any SIM card.

Message 159 of 174
Voyager

So, is it safe to say everyones Note 3 is connecting to the microcell now as it should? Thinking of getting one again if it works on the microcell. Any comments appreciated. Thanks

Message 160 of 174
ACE - Master

We haven't seen any new posts for a couple of weeks so it appears that all is well. However, that's not a guarantee that individual connection problems won't exist.

Message 161 of 174
Mentor

Has been working flawlessly for me since the update.

Message 162 of 174
ACE - Master

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 163 of 174
Contributor

Weak 4g lte my wife's phone always has better signal
Message 164 of 174
ACE - Master

If your referring to the MicroCell, it is 3G only, regardless of what the phone says.

Message 165 of 174
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support