Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 14, 2013
10:32:45 PM
View profile
Galaxy Note 3 Users

I just sent a message to the Admins about the connection issues. However, if all of you who are having Note 3 issues will send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig), that will certainly give weight to the issue and might get the engineers in gear. Phone support creates a ticket and sends it up the chain but CustomerCare is a more direct line further up. Just include your issue in detail, account info and location.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

I just sent a message to the Admins about the connection issues. However, if all of you who are having Note 3 issues will send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig), that will certainly give weight to the issue and might get the engineers in gear. Phone support creates a ticket and sends it up the chain but CustomerCare is a more direct line further up. Just include your issue in detail, account info and location.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Galaxy Note 3 Users

173 replies
(10) Me too
(10) Me too
View all replies
(173)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 9:25:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

@ Otto

v.3 should definitely list this procedure as something to try when faced with the dreaded flashing 3G light.  I think unregistering, hard resetting and reregistering which wipes the Mcell clean and starts fresh again is a good idea that will probably work to correct a connection problem with not just the Note 3 but other phones as well.

It's like wiping your hard drive clean and reinstalling Windows.  Things get corrupted and sometimes the best way to resolve the problem is completely starting over.

@ Otto

v.3 should definitely list this procedure as something to try when faced with the dreaded flashing 3G light.  I think unregistering, hard resetting and reregistering which wipes the Mcell clean and starts fresh again is a good idea that will probably work to correct a connection problem with not just the Note 3 but other phones as well.

It's like wiping your hard drive clean and reinstalling Windows.  Things get corrupted and sometimes the best way to resolve the problem is completely starting over.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Users

151 of 174 (1,452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 9:35:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

v1.3 will include this procedure. It's already in there but as indivdual fixes, not as a "linear procedure", which will save time and save people from having to wade thru the Guide. And you are correct, the hard reset does put the MicroCell back in its default state by clearing out all memory and settings and forces the MicroCell to go thru the entire Initial Acitvation steps as outlined in the Guide. It also makes the phone re-establish it's parameters as well.

v1.3 will include this procedure. It's already in there but as indivdual fixes, not as a "linear procedure", which will save time and save people from having to wade thru the Guide. And you are correct, the hard reset does put the MicroCell back in its default state by clearing out all memory and settings and forces the MicroCell to go thru the entire Initial Acitvation steps as outlined in the Guide. It also makes the phone re-establish it's parameters as well.

152 of 174 (1,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 9:42:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I know it's in there already but I'm just thinking that emphasizing this quick (relatively) procedure will solve a lot of problems and help users avoid trying all the other "flashing 3G light" suggestions listed and getting frustrated. 

Sometimes the brute force method is the best and quickest way to go.... 

I know it's in there already but I'm just thinking that emphasizing this quick (relatively) procedure will solve a lot of problems and help users avoid trying all the other "flashing 3G light" suggestions listed and getting frustrated. 

Sometimes the brute force method is the best and quickest way to go.... 

153 of 174 (1,449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 9:49:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Agreed. I just need to figure out where I want to put it so that it can be easily found. I probably should have set the Guide up with a Table of Contents for finding info (which I've started to work on).  I'll probably add it to two sections (redundancy is ok Smiley Wink), under the Blinking Green 3G light and the Summary of troubelshooting methods.

Agreed. I just need to figure out where I want to put it so that it can be easily found. I probably should have set the Guide up with a Table of Contents for finding info (which I've started to work on).  I'll probably add it to two sections (redundancy is ok Smiley Wink), under the Blinking Green 3G light and the Summary of troubelshooting methods.

154 of 174 (1,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 5:55:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

I'll add my 2 cents, as I noticed that my Note 3 automatically started connecting to my MicroCell yesterday after more than a week of "no connect".

Let me recap:

1. Purchased Microcell late August. Wife's iPhone 5 and my S III connected fine, but did have some installation issues that ATT resolved right away.

2. Upgraded to Note 3 on first day available in ATT Stores at beginning of October

3. Note 3 connected fine for a few days, then would not connect

4. Escalated problem report to ATT, and got a call back by a tech in mid-October. We tried everything, but only the iPhone and original S III would connect; Note 3 would not. We closed the case as I pondered my next steps.

5. Next day after closing the problem file, I had to reconfigure the network at home; rebooted router and Microcell, along with everything else I had on the network, including cable boxes. Note 3 connected to Microcell. Yippee!

6. Success was short lived, and after several days, Note 3 would not connect.

7. I was too busy to call ATT to follow-up and open a new case.

8. I noticed that LTE and 4G reception has improved around this time, and I was able to use the Note 3 better, with no connection to Microcell. iPhone still connected to Microcell fine.

9. Yesterday, noticed that suddenly Note 3 is connecting to Microcell fine, and it continued today. Able to leave home and return, and got reliable connection to Microcell.

I've done nothing since mid October. Obviously, ATT did something.

So...for now, I'm happy, and I hope this happiness continues.

Thank you to all the others who persisted and reported your problems to ATT. And I guess thank you to ATT, too for the follow-up, if indeed they actually pushed thru some updates automatically.

As for testing, I would expect that an ATT branded phone would be thoroughly tested before launch.

I'll add my 2 cents, as I noticed that my Note 3 automatically started connecting to my MicroCell yesterday after more than a week of "no connect".

Let me recap:

1. Purchased Microcell late August. Wife's iPhone 5 and my S III connected fine, but did have some installation issues that ATT resolved right away.

2. Upgraded to Note 3 on first day available in ATT Stores at beginning of October

3. Note 3 connected fine for a few days, then would not connect

4. Escalated problem report to ATT, and got a call back by a tech in mid-October. We tried everything, but only the iPhone and original S III would connect; Note 3 would not. We closed the case as I pondered my next steps.

5. Next day after closing the problem file, I had to reconfigure the network at home; rebooted router and Microcell, along with everything else I had on the network, including cable boxes. Note 3 connected to Microcell. Yippee!

6. Success was short lived, and after several days, Note 3 would not connect.

7. I was too busy to call ATT to follow-up and open a new case.

8. I noticed that LTE and 4G reception has improved around this time, and I was able to use the Note 3 better, with no connection to Microcell. iPhone still connected to Microcell fine.

9. Yesterday, noticed that suddenly Note 3 is connecting to Microcell fine, and it continued today. Able to leave home and return, and got reliable connection to Microcell.

I've done nothing since mid October. Obviously, ATT did something.

So...for now, I'm happy, and I hope this happiness continues.

Thank you to all the others who persisted and reported your problems to ATT. And I guess thank you to ATT, too for the follow-up, if indeed they actually pushed thru some updates automatically.

As for testing, I would expect that an ATT branded phone would be thoroughly tested before launch.

155 of 174 (1,360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 8:39:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

mikemihalik wrote:

<snip>

Agreed. And I have said as much to the Admins but they can only do so much.

mikemihalik wrote:

<snip>

Agreed. And I have said as much to the Admins but they can only do so much.

156 of 174 (1,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 5:43:36 AM
(0)
Voyager

Had a Note 3 for a couple days then returned it because of not connecting to the microcell. Would consider getting one again IF the microcell issue is resolved.  I have read on here about things that work for some and not for others. Things that work for a day and then dont work anymore. Does anyone know if ATT or samsung determined the problem and sent ouit a real FIX for this problem. I dont want to go get another one, bring it home, and have it not connect to the microcell(which is a deal breaker for me). Thanks

Had a Note 3 for a couple days then returned it because of not connecting to the microcell. Would consider getting one again IF the microcell issue is resolved.  I have read on here about things that work for some and not for others. Things that work for a day and then dont work anymore. Does anyone know if ATT or samsung determined the problem and sent ouit a real FIX for this problem. I dont want to go get another one, bring it home, and have it not connect to the microcell(which is a deal breaker for me). Thanks

157 of 174 (1,293 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 9:09:32 AM
(0)
Teacher

Tom21,

It was a deal breaker for me as well, but I got the ISIS SIM and I have not had any connection issues since.  Also, as I mentioned before, I was informed by AT&T that they were pushing out a microcell update to resolve the issue.

I connected perfectly from Oct 4th to Oct 13th.  No connection from Oct 14th to Oct 18th.  From Oct 18th, after the SIM replacement I have been connecting with no issues at all.  On Oct 22nd, I received the call from AT&T stating some configuration changes were made on their side and to reboot the microcell.

So if things stay connected after tonight, it will be my longest strecth of staying connected.  There has not been any connects sometimes and not others, its been all or nothing.  Witht that being said and short of a statement from AT&T and Samsung, the issue seems to be clearered.

Tom21,

It was a deal breaker for me as well, but I got the ISIS SIM and I have not had any connection issues since.  Also, as I mentioned before, I was informed by AT&T that they were pushing out a microcell update to resolve the issue.

I connected perfectly from Oct 4th to Oct 13th.  No connection from Oct 14th to Oct 18th.  From Oct 18th, after the SIM replacement I have been connecting with no issues at all.  On Oct 22nd, I received the call from AT&T stating some configuration changes were made on their side and to reboot the microcell.

So if things stay connected after tonight, it will be my longest strecth of staying connected.  There has not been any connects sometimes and not others, its been all or nothing.  Witht that being said and short of a statement from AT&T and Samsung, the issue seems to be clearered.

158 of 174 (1,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 9:39:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

@Tom21 - see my post of Oct. 25. As of about 3am that day, AT&T/Samsung/Google pushed an update to correct the Note 3/G2 connection issues. It might have taken a full day or so for the update propagate thru the entire system. That should have taken care of the issue with any SIM card.

@Tom21 - see my post of Oct. 25. As of about 3am that day, AT&T/Samsung/Google pushed an update to correct the Note 3/G2 connection issues. It might have taken a full day or so for the update propagate thru the entire system. That should have taken care of the issue with any SIM card.

159 of 174 (1,280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 5:07:41 AM
(0)
Voyager

So, is it safe to say everyones Note 3 is connecting to the microcell now as it should? Thinking of getting one again if it works on the microcell. Any comments appreciated. Thanks

So, is it safe to say everyones Note 3 is connecting to the microcell now as it should? Thinking of getting one again if it works on the microcell. Any comments appreciated. Thanks

160 of 174 (1,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 8:36:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

We haven't seen any new posts for a couple of weeks so it appears that all is well. However, that's not a guarantee that individual connection problems won't exist.

We haven't seen any new posts for a couple of weeks so it appears that all is well. However, that's not a guarantee that individual connection problems won't exist.

161 of 174 (1,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 10:25:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

Has been working flawlessly for me since the update.

Has been working flawlessly for me since the update.

162 of 174 (1,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 10:55:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback.

163 of 174 (1,064 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 12:20:06 PM
(0)
Contributor
Weak 4g lte my wife's phone always has better signal
Weak 4g lte my wife's phone always has better signal

164 of 174 (887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 12:53:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If your referring to the MicroCell, it is 3G only, regardless of what the phone says.

If your referring to the MicroCell, it is 3G only, regardless of what the phone says.

165 of 174 (885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2013 4:08:45 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thats what AT&T is saying but they gave me a new sim and miss still not working so just my luck. You have to get a sim that was made before the new NFC was embedded on the chips et of the Sim. Probably going to be all blue on front of Sim not the mixed colors. My mcell was working fine until I activated the Sim they sent with the phone. Now I can't reactivate my old Simcard. Well I can but they said I can't , for they want you upgrade so the system runs smoother with the new cards.
Thats what AT&T is saying but they gave me a new sim and miss still not working so just my luck. You have to get a sim that was made before the new NFC was embedded on the chips et of the Sim. Probably going to be all blue on front of Sim not the mixed colors. My mcell was working fine until I activated the Sim they sent with the phone. Now I can't reactivate my old Simcard. Well I can but they said I can't , for they want you upgrade so the system runs smoother with the new cards.

166 of 174 (840 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2013 8:10:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Are you referring to the Note 3 being unable to connect or are you talking about attempting to connect at 4G/LTE?

Are you referring to the Note 3 being unable to connect or are you talking about attempting to connect at 4G/LTE?

167 of 174 (832 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 11:11:49 AM
(0)
Contributor
Well it would seem that you can add me to the long list of folks having this issue. I noticed the issue when I went over my 10gb data plan within a week. Called tech suppAT&T and was advised by them that this is a known issue and that Samsung is aware of the problem but haven't came up with a fix as of yet. So according to them I need to go to a Corp.and replace my Note 3 with a new one but reading the post on the issue a new phone is not gonna fix the issue. I paid a LOT for this phone in fact I spent the most I have ever on a phone so I'll do as they suggest and swap The phone out for a new one and cross my fingers as well as my toes and hope this will resolve my issue.

One last note b4 I sign off I will have to give 2 thumbs up to AT&T support due to the FACT that went above and beyond To help resolve my issue. I have been with this company for over 10 years and this y. So my hats off to AT&T. Thank you.
Well it would seem that you can add me to the long list of folks having this issue. I noticed the issue when I went over my 10gb data plan within a week. Called tech suppAT&T and was advised by them that this is a known issue and that Samsung is aware of the problem but haven't came up with a fix as of yet. So according to them I need to go to a Corp.and replace my Note 3 with a new one but reading the post on the issue a new phone is not gonna fix the issue. I paid a LOT for this phone in fact I spent the most I have ever on a phone so I'll do as they suggest and swap The phone out for a new one and cross my fingers as well as my toes and hope this will resolve my issue.

One last note b4 I sign off I will have to give 2 thumbs up to AT&T support due to the FACT that went above and beyond To help resolve my issue. I have been with this company for over 10 years and this y. So my hats off to AT&T. Thank you.

168 of 174 (544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 11:39:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You are the second person today to report a Note 3 issue. The other poster is having connection issues, like we saw a few months ago. I don't know what it is about the Android OS and these phones but they just don't want to play nice. Samsung pushes out a fix and they stay fixed for awhile but I don't know.... have you recently updated your phone?

You are the second person today to report a Note 3 issue. The other poster is having connection issues, like we saw a few months ago. I don't know what it is about the Android OS and these phones but they just don't want to play nice. Samsung pushes out a fix and they stay fixed for awhile but I don't know.... have you recently updated your phone?

169 of 174 (537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 6:10:24 AM
(0)
Scholar

Our "problem" is related...not only would my wife's Galaxy S not show any service, but my AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 would show "no service."  Even visitors to our house who were not programmed into our Microcell would show "no service".

We tried all "tricks" suggested in this thread but to no avail.

Finally I just powered the Microcell down.

Now we have service on all of our phones--but not from the Microcell.

My take on the matter is that the local cell towers were ignoring our phones as their numbers were programmed into the Microcell for preferential connection back when we all had 3G phones.

Now that we have 4G/LTE phones that "preferential programming" was preventing a connection.

Granted we only show a couple of bars on the antenna, but they are now working.

So...until AT&T or someone comes out with a 4G/LTE version of the Microcell (to give us full bars again), we've disconnected ours permanently.

Given the rapidity that AT&T applies toward solving customer problems we're not holding our breath.

Our "problem" is related...not only would my wife's Galaxy S not show any service, but my AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 would show "no service."  Even visitors to our house who were not programmed into our Microcell would show "no service".

We tried all "tricks" suggested in this thread but to no avail.

Finally I just powered the Microcell down.

Now we have service on all of our phones--but not from the Microcell.

My take on the matter is that the local cell towers were ignoring our phones as their numbers were programmed into the Microcell for preferential connection back when we all had 3G phones.

Now that we have 4G/LTE phones that "preferential programming" was preventing a connection.

Granted we only show a couple of bars on the antenna, but they are now working.

So...until AT&T or someone comes out with a 4G/LTE version of the Microcell (to give us full bars again), we've disconnected ours permanently.

Given the rapidity that AT&T applies toward solving customer problems we're not holding our breath.

170 of 174 (495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 9:08:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Did your phones ever work with the Mcell?

While your phones are 4G/LTE capable, they should still connect to your Mcell with a 3G connection.  I don't think that your Mcell is preventing your phones from connecting to a macrocell tower.  Something else is going on.

For us to trying helping you, you need to post more information about how your Mcell is wired to your network, the equipment you are using (modem, router, etc.), what the indicator lights are showing and so on.

Did your phones ever work with the Mcell?

While your phones are 4G/LTE capable, they should still connect to your Mcell with a 3G connection.  I don't think that your Mcell is preventing your phones from connecting to a macrocell tower.  Something else is going on.

For us to trying helping you, you need to post more information about how your Mcell is wired to your network, the equipment you are using (modem, router, etc.), what the indicator lights are showing and so on.

171 of 174 (485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 9:27:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The macrocells (cell tower) really have nothing to do with your phones and the MicroCell. There is very little communication between the two except for signal strength, location, etc. The MicroCell does not transfer your calls to a local tower. It is VoIP service only, and can connect only at 3G speeds. 4G/LTE does not affect it. I leave my phone on LTE all of the time and when I am outside of MicroCell range, it connects (hands over) to the local tower at either 4G or LTE depending on the tower. Once I get back into MicroCell range, the phone connects to the MicroCell (M-Cell displayed).

Have you recently updated your phones? Unfortunately, the Nokia and Samsung phones have a documented history of not playing nice with the MicroCell. In both cases, it took OS updates and/or tweaks by the mfrs and AT&T to get them to connect properly. You phones should automatically connect at 3G if there is not 4G/LTE signal strong enough to detect. That was the problem with some Nokia and Samsung models that had to be fixed by the mfrs. Reconnecting at slower speeds didn't always happen smoothly.

There is no such thing as "preferential programming". Everytime you turn off, and then on the MicroCell (see my Guide, link in my sig), it goes thru the Initial Activation process which is detailed in my Guide. Part of which is adjusting its signal strength to the local tower. The further the tower is away from you, the stronger the in-home signal from the MicroCell and vice versa.

Is this a new problem? IOW, did the MicroCell work before and now just stopped working?

Is it a new MicroCell?

Has your ISP done anything (updates, new hardware, etc)?

How do you have it setup?

What is the light pattern indicating (power, ethernet, GPS, and 3G)?

Do you have your MicroCell setup to hand over?

I would make sure that the MicroCell is setup correctly and that all four lights are a solid green (power, ethernet, GPS, and 3G). If so, then you are connected to the AT&T servers. Perform a hard reset by turning off the MicroCell (disconnect the power), hold in the reset button on the back (it's a little hole that you'll need a paperclip to access), turn on the power, and keep pressing the reset button in for about 30 seconds. That forces the MicroCell back to its default status and clears all memory and registers. Then it will go thru the Initial Activation, locate towers and adjust its signal strength, download any updates if available and possibly restart another time if an update is available. If all lights are solid green after that, then your phones should connect. If not, look at your phone settings and possibly reset your phones.

The MicroCell will probably never be upgraded to 4G/LTE capability because that would involve more than a firmware update so the best it will ever do is 3G speeds.

The macrocells (cell tower) really have nothing to do with your phones and the MicroCell. There is very little communication between the two except for signal strength, location, etc. The MicroCell does not transfer your calls to a local tower. It is VoIP service only, and can connect only at 3G speeds. 4G/LTE does not affect it. I leave my phone on LTE all of the time and when I am outside of MicroCell range, it connects (hands over) to the local tower at either 4G or LTE depending on the tower. Once I get back into MicroCell range, the phone connects to the MicroCell (M-Cell displayed).

Have you recently updated your phones? Unfortunately, the Nokia and Samsung phones have a documented history of not playing nice with the MicroCell. In both cases, it took OS updates and/or tweaks by the mfrs and AT&T to get them to connect properly. You phones should automatically connect at 3G if there is not 4G/LTE signal strong enough to detect. That was the problem with some Nokia and Samsung models that had to be fixed by the mfrs. Reconnecting at slower speeds didn't always happen smoothly.

There is no such thing as "preferential programming". Everytime you turn off, and then on the MicroCell (see my Guide, link in my sig), it goes thru the Initial Activation process which is detailed in my Guide. Part of which is adjusting its signal strength to the local tower. The further the tower is away from you, the stronger the in-home signal from the MicroCell and vice versa.

Is this a new problem? IOW, did the MicroCell work before and now just stopped working?

Is it a new MicroCell?

Has your ISP done anything (updates, new hardware, etc)?

How do you have it setup?

What is the light pattern indicating (power, ethernet, GPS, and 3G)?

Do you have your MicroCell setup to hand over?

I would make sure that the MicroCell is setup correctly and that all four lights are a solid green (power, ethernet, GPS, and 3G). If so, then you are connected to the AT&T servers. Perform a hard reset by turning off the MicroCell (disconnect the power), hold in the reset button on the back (it's a little hole that you'll need a paperclip to access), turn on the power, and keep pressing the reset button in for about 30 seconds. That forces the MicroCell back to its default status and clears all memory and registers. Then it will go thru the Initial Activation, locate towers and adjust its signal strength, download any updates if available and possibly restart another time if an update is available. If all lights are solid green after that, then your phones should connect. If not, look at your phone settings and possibly reset your phones.

The MicroCell will probably never be upgraded to 4G/LTE capability because that would involve more than a firmware update so the best it will ever do is 3G speeds.

172 of 174 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2014 11:05:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

We followed all the recommended "fixes" (power down, reboot, etc.), but the 4G/LTE phones never really worked with the Microcell.  The old 3G phones that we had (same numbers) did and very well.

Final word thought is that I've shut down the Microcell and now the 4G phones are working (LTE service but only 1-2 bars signal).

Typically weak signal from AT&T as they don't feel that the area we live in (wrong side of the tracks in a major metropolitan area and a half mile from a major interstate) is worth "tweaking" or "fixing" for us common folk.

The wife made multiple calls to AT&T over several months to complain about the weak signal problems and all they ever said was that they "had towers out and were working on the problem".

We followed all the recommended "fixes" (power down, reboot, etc.), but the 4G/LTE phones never really worked with the Microcell.  The old 3G phones that we had (same numbers) did and very well.

Final word thought is that I've shut down the Microcell and now the 4G phones are working (LTE service but only 1-2 bars signal).

Typically weak signal from AT&T as they don't feel that the area we live in (wrong side of the tracks in a major metropolitan area and a half mile from a major interstate) is worth "tweaking" or "fixing" for us common folk.

The wife made multiple calls to AT&T over several months to complain about the weak signal problems and all they ever said was that they "had towers out and were working on the problem".

173 of 174 (385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2014 11:53:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It sounds like it has something to do more with the phones than the MicroCell itself. We have 4G/LTE phones as well and leave them at that configuration when walking into the house. The phones immediately pick up the MicroCell 3G (M-Cell) signal and calls go thru crystal clear with no issues at all. WiFi is on for the phones so any data to the phones goes thru our WiFi connection.

It sounds like it has something to do more with the phones than the MicroCell itself. We have 4G/LTE phones as well and leave them at that configuration when walking into the house. The phones immediately pick up the MicroCell 3G (M-Cell) signal and calls go thru crystal clear with no issues at all. WiFi is on for the phones so any data to the phones goes thru our WiFi connection.

174 of 174 (382 Views)