Galaxy Note 3 Users

ACE - Master

Galaxy Note 3 Users

I just sent a message to the Admins about the connection issues. However, if all of you who are having Note 3 issues will send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig), that will certainly give weight to the issue and might get the engineers in gear. Phone support creates a ticket and sends it up the chain but CustomerCare is a more direct line further up. Just include your issue in detail, account info and location.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 174 (12,236 Views)
Voyager

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Users

Now ATT says there is a issue with the Microcell not activating so wouldn't try reactivating it because ours is now dead with no ETA on a fix for any of the issues

Message 121 of 174 (1,994 Views)
ACE - Master

Where are you located? Apparently there is a MicroCell Service Area outage that has cascaded across a couple of different areas. Nothing confirmed but it has affected non-Note 3 users as well. The Note 3 problem started a week or so ago so unless you've just purchased your Note 3, Activating is not advised because of the outage.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 122 of 174 (1,986 Views)
Voyager

According to ATT as long as you are connected you are fine if you are trying to connect or change phone numbers it isn't working. I am in Kentucky but they said this is for everyone on microcell. As long as it was working it still is if you try to make any changes it is gone

Message 123 of 174 (1,977 Views)
ACE - Master

I've been using my MicroCell at home tonight and have not had any issues whatsoever. In fact, leaving my home and then coming back was a seamless transition between macrocell (tower) and MicroCell. I think the issue has been complicated by a couple of factors. An apparent outage in some areas, a possible update (not confirmed) for the Note 3 which may, or may not have messed with Note 2's, and now the registration/activation system is wonky, probably because of the possible outage.

Message 124 of 174 (1,960 Views)
Teacher

I've had no microcell issues today and my Note 3 is still successfully connecting since the SIM change. 3 days and still going strong! I have not seen any updates for the Note 3 o_0
Message 125 of 174 (1,955 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

So the SIM change worked for you. That's great! It's really difficult to troubleshoot all of this because some have reported that the SIM swap didn't work. And with possible area outages, the registration/activation page supposedly having issues, I'm getting brain-achy. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Message 126 of 174 (1,951 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

I have the same issues with the Note 3 and MicroCell.  I purchased my Note 3 on the 10th and connected to my office MicroCell the next day fine.  I also purchased a MicroCell for my home on the 14th and the Note 3 also connected to that.  On the 15th my phone would not connect to either of them, IPhones and Samsung Active work fine (both Micro's are brand new).  Last night I decided to reset, deactivate and reactivate my home unit…it was taking hours but in the morning, I had a MicroCell connection to the Note 3.  I’m not sure I want to try that again on the office unit (still no connection here). I also sent a PM to AT&T last week.  Still waiting for news... 

Message 127 of 174 (1,908 Views)
ACE - Master

If an update/fix has been pushed by AT&T, not all areas may come back online at the same time so be patient. I'm still trying to get somthing official from AT&T so we have some sort of explanation.

Message 128 of 174 (1,885 Views)
Teacher

All,

I received a call today from AT&T on my case and was informed that AT&T has pushed out an updated to the Microcell that should fix the Note 3 / Microcell connectivity issue.  I did get a message about 1:59 a.m. CST this morning stating my Microcell activation had failed.  But when I looked at my Microcell around 7 a.m., everything was green and my phone was connected.  Hopefully I got the update this early AM.

Hope this helps and you have gotten the update. I am now on day 4 since my new SIM change and have not had any issues since, thus far.

Message 129 of 174 (1,856 Views)
ACE - Master

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully more Note 3 users will start to get the update and this will be behind us.

Message 130 of 174 (1,854 Views)
Contributor

I too purchased a Note 3 (last night) and cannot get it to connect to my AT&T 3G M-Cell.  I power cycled the M-Cell, tried to re-connect the Note 3 to no avail. I checked and I do have the "blue" SIM card, verified that with my local AT&T retail store.  Dont know what else to try here.  My other phones (iPhone 5, 4S, Galaxy 4) all are connected to the M-Cell and work fine.  I called AT&T tech support, they worked it a bit then sent me over to Samsung.  Samsung in turn escalated me to level 2 tech support then claimed it is an AT&T M-Cell firmware issue causing incompatability with the new Android 4.3  This is somewhat frustrating and I feel as a customer who pays over $3K/year for services I need to get to a permanent solution quickly here.  Ping pong between vendors on interoperability issues with my service is not acceptable.  Seems to me testing compatability or at least user experience on M-Cell with Android 4.3 could have produced these issues pre-sale on the Note 3.  Rollouts and sales being more important that customer experience is the new norm.  Hurry up and wait for a solution is not acceptable, unless charges to my account for service I am not getting also get suspended until this is resolved.  Please update any new info that supports a definitive solution, very willing to keep trying here.  Thanks all.

Message 131 of 174 (1,831 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

The AT&T MicroCell firmware may have been a factor but Samsung should have known in advance what the requirements were for the AT&T MicroCell network. However, I do agree that adequate testing was not done beforehand by both parties. Updates to the MicroCell are supposedly being pushed out so it may take a while before they reach you because they are not avaible system-wide immediately for everyone affected. I will copy and paste your entire message and send it to the Admins.

Message 132 of 174 (1,826 Views)
Contributor

That is encouraging.  Hopefully within a few days this will be resolved.  Thank you for running this to ground, it is helpful to know what is happening.  M-Cell has been a rock solide solution for us.

Message 133 of 174 (1,820 Views)

[ Edited ]

tdaniels303

Try deregister the MC on AT&T website. That worked for me as I had exactly the same problem as you. 3 phones connected w/o problems and the Note would not. Here are the steps I did:

1. Turn off Note

2. De-register MC on AT&T website and log off

3. Reset the MC with the reset button in back of the MC

4. Register the MC on AT&T website

5. Wait till the registration and update finish

6. Turn on Note

That worked for me and no problems since.

Message 134 of 174 (1,811 Views)
Teacher

tdaniels303,

Go to the store and ask for one of the gray ISIS SIM cards. See if that helps
Message 135 of 174 (1,806 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.