Galaxy Note 3 Users

ACE - Master

Galaxy Note 3 Users

I just sent a message to the Admins about the connection issues. However, if all of you who are having Note 3 issues will send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig), that will certainly give weight to the issue and might get the engineers in gear. Phone support creates a ticket and sends it up the chain but CustomerCare is a more direct line further up. Just include your issue in detail, account info and location.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 174 (12,237 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Galaxy Note 3 not connecting to AT&T MicroCell

alex.brown577 wrote:

Mine seems to be having a similar issue, it sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't connect, though it worked fine for the first week.

I PM'd the customer care folks, thanks for posting that link, I never would have figured out a way to bypass the phone folks! 

Keep in mind that CustomerCare is still support, only a faster way to get there without having to jump thru all of the troubleshooting hoops. Phone support has you jump thru the hoops because they have to document that they've tried everything on the script before they kick it up a level. You might want to check out the Technical Guide for more info on how the MicroCell works and the reason for some of the more common issues seen.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 61 of 174 (3,535 Views)

Just a quick update...

I have a pair of customer care folks working on the issue, though have not heard anything from them in a day. I have been very impressed with the level of service they have provided thus far on the issue but ultimately this needs to be fixed since it seems most, if not everyone, with the same setup is having the issue. It behooves them since I suspect the type of customer who purchases a Note 3 and a microcell tends to be a higher value client. I'll keep pressing since I know this is important to you all and certainly for myself. 

Just a quick question...did anyone's "3g" light, the bottom light with the signal bars, start flashing early today? I woke up this morning to find mine flashing. I restarted the device a couple of times but it continues to flash, even after sitting for 2 hours. 

By the way, Otto you have been a great help. I've never been one to ever post on forums but it's really important I have this fixed and your assistance on the issue has been great. 

Message 62 of 174 (3,467 Views)
Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Users

I just bought my Galaxy Note 3 last night and I am having the same problem with my 3G MicroCell.  I am in the Austin area.  I have power cycled everything several times including the phone.  No bueno.

Everything else works fine on the MC including a Samsung S4 and two iphone 5.  I sent a PM to customer care using the link in this forum so hopefully we will get some resolution.  This stinks, I live in a signal black hole.

Cheers everyone, hoping for a quick resolution.

Message 63 of 174 (3,446 Views)
ACE - Master

msande1111 wrote:

Just a quick update...

I have a pair of customer care folks working on the issue, though have not heard anything from them in a day. I have been very impressed with the level of service they have provided thus far on the issue but ultimately this needs to be fixed since it seems most, if not everyone, with the same setup is having the issue. It behooves them since I suspect the type of customer who purchases a Note 3 and a microcell tends to be a higher value client. I'll keep pressing since I know this is important to you all and certainly for myself. 

Just a quick question...did anyone's "3g" light, the bottom light with the signal bars, start flashing early today? I woke up this morning to find mine flashing. I restarted the device a couple of times but it continues to flash, even after sitting for 2 hours. 

By the way, Otto you have been a great help. I've never been one to ever post on forums but it's really important I have this fixed and your assistance on the issue has been great. 

Thank you. I'm just a user like the rest of you and had issues when I first got my MicroCell a few years back so I can definitely relate to the level of frustration that the MicroCell and support can bring. The nice thing about being an ACE, and not an AT&T employee, is that I can express my opinions clearly without worry of it affecting my job and believe me, I have not always been kind with the Admins concerning MicroCell issues. And to be fair to them, that's exactly the kind of feedback they want because they truly do want to help and resolve issues and the closer they are to the user base the better. Unfortunately, as is all corporations of this size, the higher up you go, the further away you are from the users so the priorities change.

A blinking green 3G light usually means a loss of connectivity to AT&T's servers. That can happen after an update to the system has been pushed and usually a power cycle will take care of it. You may have to power cycle your router as well or perform a hard reset on the MicroCell.

Message 64 of 174 (3,431 Views)
ACE - Master

fogdood wrote:

I just bought my Galaxy Note 3 last night and I am having the same problem with my 3G MicroCell.  I am in the Austin area.  I have power cycled everything several times including the phone.  No bueno.

Everything else works fine on the MC including a Samsung S4 and two iphone 5.  I sent a PM to customer care using the link in this forum so hopefully we will get some resolution.  This stinks, I live in a signal black hole.

Cheers everyone, hoping for a quick resolution.

It's looking more and more like an issue with the Note 3 OS. Unfortunately, the fix will have to come from Samsung/Google. As soon as I hear anything from the Admins I'll post it but if it is a Samsung/Google issue you'll have to wait for them to resolve it, which sucks.

Message 65 of 174 (3,428 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for all the information.  I will definitely watch this forum to get updates!

Message 66 of 174 (3,421 Views)

A hard reset (using the pin hole on the back) fixed the 3g blinking light issue, several network and power cycle restarts did not initially solve the problem. I got excited when I saw the 3g light blinking because I am aware it can mean an update but, if it was, the connection issue with the note 3 are still occurring. 

Yes I agree with you Otto, the customer support individuals are trying to help and those I talked with were very pleasant. I was a 15+ year Sprint customer and had every iteration of their Microcell device before coming over to AT&T at the beginning of Oct. I will tell you that the AT&T customer support is thus far superior to the Sprint and this after massive improvement from Sprint over the past couple of years. 

Message 67 of 174 (3,419 Views)
Tutor

The part I find curious here is that we have two Note 3s, and they worked perfectly with our microcell from the day we received them, 10/7, until this last Wednesday morning10/16, when I first noticed they could no longer connect to the microcell (which in our house means no connection to AT&T at all.)  So what changed?  Was there an undate to our phones, or to the microcell?  I am following this issue on 2 other android boards, and this is a common thread - that the phones worked for a week or so, and now don't.  

Message 68 of 174 (3,392 Views)
ACE - Master

The last I heard was that Samsung/Google are aware of the issues and are trying to figure it out. I am not aware of any updates that were pushed by AT&T to the MicroCell.

Message 69 of 174 (3,374 Views)

Agreed Beadsmith. I am also following 2 other threads on other sites, probably the same ones you are watching. The common theme is that the phone worked for a couple of days and them sometime early this week it stopped working with the Microcell. That makes me think some sort of software update occurred and broke something, but hey I'm far from an expert. I'm not sold on the SIM card musings you have probably seen on the other sites. It sounds like the people performing this are also swapping phones at the store and it might just be that those new out of the box phones have not received the update that potentially broke the Note from working with the microcell. I have swapped several SIM cards into my note from phones that work with the MicroCell and when the SIM from those phones is placed into the Note it does not fix the problem. 

On Sprint you could turn off all auto updates for the OS, PRL, etc so they would not just come through as they seemingly do on AT&T unless I am missing a setting. I always waited weeks, if not more, to let an update occur after it was initially released so that any problems would hopefully be resolved. It's like not buying a new car in it's first model year. 

Message 70 of 174 (3,370 Views)
Tutor

msande1111, I am convinced of this also.  It makes no sense otherwise that our Note 3s all just suddenly stopped working with our microcells around the same time.  Either the Microcells got an update, or our phones did.  I just don't know enough about either to be able to figure out if that happened or not as I don't know where we can see updates applied.

Message 71 of 174 (3,357 Views)
ACE - Master

There is no way to determine if the MicroCell received an update or not because it is a totally closed system (see the Technical Guide for more info) and AT&T is very tight-lipped about when an update was pushed or what it was for. I don't know about the Samsung unless they list something on their site.

Message 72 of 174 (3,347 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support

Hi alex.brown577,

We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 73 of 174 (3,344 Views)
Community Support

Hi fogdood,

We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 74 of 174 (3,342 Views)
Tutor

Otto - 

I too want to express my thanks that you are following up/ pushing on this issue.  I love my Note 3 otherwise, but like many others am extremely frustrated by this issue. The MicroCell in my home is what has allowed me to stay with AT&T instead of having to go to a competitor to get a signal.    

Message 75 of 174 (3,337 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.