Helpful Links

Galaxy Note 3 Users

Highlighted
ACE - Master

Galaxy Note 3 Users

I just sent a message to the Admins about the connection issues. However, if all of you who are having Note 3 issues will send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig), that will certainly give weight to the issue and might get the engineers in gear. Phone support creates a ticket and sends it up the chain but CustomerCare is a more direct line further up. Just include your issue in detail, account info and location.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 174
Tutor

Re: Galaxy Note 3 Users

It shows full strength and wont connect . I am fed up from the run around and just resigned contract I am about to cancel!
Message 16 of 174
ACE - Master

Do any other phones connect to the MicroCell? Does your Note 3 work outside of MicroCell range? It might be easier for eveyone if you keep your posts to just one thread. That way we can keep track of it and respond appropriately.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 174
Tutor

@Otto I have 1 iPhone 5 and 2 iPhone 4's working on it with no problem. I have spent 4 hrs yest and today on phone trying to resolve issue. Went to store today and they gave me another new phone and still not connecting. Opened up case number this am. All support is saying is they know about a big issue but have no fix for it. Phone works fine once I drive mile up street and phone connects to a cell tower.
Message 20 of 174
Tutor

I have also powered my whole network down and slowly rebooted everything with nothing on the Note3.
Message 21 of 174
ACE - Master

Ok. That sounds to me like it's an issue with Note 3 and how it communicates with the MicroCell or vice versa, especially if your iPhones are working just fine. It almost sounds like it has something to do with the IMSI code (not to be confused with the IMEI code). IMSI/IMEI is explained in the Technical Guide. However, that doesn't help you now. I'll message the Admin again tomorrow and start pushing and see if that gets anywhere. Did the Note 3 just get released?

Message 22 of 174
Tutor

Beginning of October
Message 23 of 174
ACE - Master

Still possible that the IMSI coding is not yet recognized by AT&T (the MicroCell is an IMSI device). That's a long shot though because the ranges that AT&T uses (as well as other domestic carriers) is rather large. I suspect there's something not quite right, yet, with the OS (Android JellyBean?). Send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig) with your details. The more PMs they get with similar issues, the more likely they'll get in gear to figure out what the issue is and either have AT&T IT tweak the system or wait till Android comes out with an update (which may get pushed to your phone without you knowing it).

Message 24 of 174

I am having the same issue and I am a brand new AT&T customer...

I recently purchased a Galaxy Note 3 and a Galaxy S4 along with a MicroCell because the At&T signal is nonexistant in my neighborhood. The MicroCell activated and worked flawlessley for the first several days of operation with both the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy S4. Then, several days later on the 14th, the Galaxy Note 3 and MicroCell stopped connecting...the Galaxy S4 continues to connect and operate properly with the MicrCell. I have power cycled my entire home network (including the MicroCell) about a dozen times along with power cycling the Note 3 (which includes a full battery pull). This has yet to resolve the issue so the Note 3 continues to be unable to connect with the MicroCell. Again, the S4 continues to work fine with the MicroCell so I'm fairly certain it's operating properly....I even temporarly swapped the SIM cards between the Note 3 and S4 with the the same problem resulting...i.e. the SIM card orginally frrom the S4 placed in the Note 3 failed to connect while the SIM card originally from the Note 3 placed in the S4 connected to the MicroCell.

I sent the above to customer care and I will be following up with a phone call to press this on all fronts since I essentially have an unusable Note3 and MicroCell (a whopping $500 of hardware) at home and this is my business line. 

Any advice from others would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks,

Message 26 of 174

Same thing here. For 6 days no issue connecting to micro cell then last night around 9:30 PM it just dropped the microcell connection. The breeze 3 flip phone is still connected and I'm sitting here with 1 bar if I'm lucky.
Message 27 of 174
ACE - Master

I've sent another followup message to the Admins. This is starting to sound more and more like a Note 3 issue and not the MicroCell itself.

Message 29 of 174
Former Employee

Hello, everyone!

As Otto Pylot said, we'll need everyone having difficulty connecting their Galaxy Note 3's to a MicroCell to please send us a private message by clicking here. Please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you as well as a brief description of the issue.

This will really help us track the issue, determine the cause, and find a solution. Feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Message 30 of 174
ACE - Master

Thanks Mariana! I just sent another message to Admin.

Message 32 of 174
Contributor

Galaxy Note 3 not connecting to AT&T MicroCell

Has anyone successfully connected their Note 3 to an AT&T MicroCell?

This Saturday and last I ran through numerous checks with AT&T support.

When searching for AT&T MicroCell from Connections > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operators I get:

"Unable to search for networks wile data service in use. Stop using current data service and search for other available networks?"

I've turned of Mobile data, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and cleared memory but still get the same message.

We've rebooted the MicroCell and removed and readded my number.

The guy at the AT&T office I was in contact with said I was the 7th case he knew of and was not aware of any success with the Note 3.

He indicated there is a possibility that my May 2010 microcell may be older and not compatible with LTE.

Message 1 of 174
ACE - Master

Re: Galaxy Note 3 not connecting to AT&T MicroCell

The MicrroCell is 3G only, it will not work with 4G/LTE so the information you received from support was wrong. To upgrade the MicroCell to LTE would require a hardware change and that is not in the works that I know of. My iPhone 5 is 4G/LTE, which I leave enabled and it connects fine with the MicroCell at 3G when we get home. However, your phone should be able to connect at 3G unless it is LTE only and can't "down connect". If there are other reported issues with the Note then it may be a firmware issue with the Note 3 that only an update by the mfr will fix. I'm assuming the MicroCell's lights are solid green (Power, ethernet, GPS, and 3G) and you meet the minimum requirements for connectivity.

Message 2 of 174
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support