Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 25, 2013
6:06:22 PM
Frustrated - Upgrade eligibility taken away and stuck in Customer service blackhole. Help?

I know this topic has come up too many times but I am kinda sorta done and fedup with AT&T customer service. This is probably my last method of reaching out to resolve this before I pay my ETF and cancel my line and head out to another service. 

Here is a timeline of where I am at (AT&T Business direct customer): 

April 2012 - Bought Lumia 900, Windows phone, one of the first few orders (was excited about it)

December 2012 - Started questioning my decision about the phone, it was awful and causing a lot of pain

Feb 2013 - Checked eligibility to change my phone - Said November 2013

August 2013 - Heard about the new iPhone coming out, there was HOPE! I will survive

Sept 12 2013 - Spoke to AT&T Customer support (I have the first name of the agent). Super nice guy, told me I wasn't upgrade eligible, my eligibility was moved to APRIL 2014. WHAT? After an hour of holding and back and forth - Told me he'll work with me to get me the upgrade date I had earlier and pre-order the iPhone for me. Will call me back on 20th Sept

Sept 20 2013 - Stared at my phone for 24 hours, no calls from AT&T. Gave a week - just in case

Sept 27 2013 - Got an AT&T phone survey asking how was service - Gave a piece of my mind. Called AT&T again, spoke to someone else, again super nice. Promised to follow up and needs a week to look into it. Fine. She sounded trustworthy. 

Oct 4th 2013 - Stared at my phone for 24 hours, no calls from AT&T. (Fool me twice, shame on me?)

Oct 11th 2013 - Got a call from some AT&T Manager following up on my survey. Yay. Said will call me back to get this resolved asap. 

Oct 16th 2013 - Given up hope. Get a call while I was driving telling me I am not eligibile for upgrade till April 2013. Yes, I know that, that is why I have been calling. Couldn't talk long since I was driving, was told they will call me back at 6pm.

Oct 16th 2013 - 6pm, No Call. 10pm, No Call.

Oct 25th 2013 - 6pm, No call.

Given up all hope. This is not worth my while. AT&T didn't do me any favors subsidizing a crappy phone (for which they ended up refunding $$ because of Nokia issues with the network. So I don't believe I deserve to have to wait it out and pay back AT&T for the subsidized cost, it was literally like one of those penny upgrades. I was told I would be able to upgrade and suddenly that was taken away from me. And now I am pretty much tired and done with the complete lack of Customer Service.

I mean does anyone at AT&T even understand what it means to treat a paying business customer? 

Also - I am currently stuck with a Nokia Lumia 900, a Windows phone. To say the least, I wouldn't wish this phone on an enemy.

Thank you for listening. Good Night, and Good Luck.

I know this topic has come up too many times but I am kinda sorta done and fedup with AT&T customer service. This is probably my last method of reaching out to resolve this before I pay my ETF and cancel my line and head out to another service. 

Here is a timeline of where I am at (AT&T Business direct customer): 

April 2012 - Bought Lumia 900, Windows phone, one of the first few orders (was excited about it)

December 2012 - Started questioning my decision about the phone, it was awful and causing a lot of pain

Feb 2013 - Checked eligibility to change my phone - Said November 2013

August 2013 - Heard about the new iPhone coming out, there was HOPE! I will survive

Sept 12 2013 - Spoke to AT&T Customer support (I have the first name of the agent). Super nice guy, told me I wasn't upgrade eligible, my eligibility was moved to APRIL 2014. WHAT? After an hour of holding and back and forth - Told me he'll work with me to get me the upgrade date I had earlier and pre-order the iPhone for me. Will call me back on 20th Sept

Sept 20 2013 - Stared at my phone for 24 hours, no calls from AT&T. Gave a week - just in case

Sept 27 2013 - Got an AT&T phone survey asking how was service - Gave a piece of my mind. Called AT&T again, spoke to someone else, again super nice. Promised to follow up and needs a week to look into it. Fine. She sounded trustworthy. 

Oct 4th 2013 - Stared at my phone for 24 hours, no calls from AT&T. (Fool me twice, shame on me?)

Oct 11th 2013 - Got a call from some AT&T Manager following up on my survey. Yay. Said will call me back to get this resolved asap. 

Oct 16th 2013 - Given up hope. Get a call while I was driving telling me I am not eligibile for upgrade till April 2013. Yes, I know that, that is why I have been calling. Couldn't talk long since I was driving, was told they will call me back at 6pm.

Oct 16th 2013 - 6pm, No Call. 10pm, No Call.

Oct 25th 2013 - 6pm, No call.

Given up all hope. This is not worth my while. AT&T didn't do me any favors subsidizing a crappy phone (for which they ended up refunding $$ because of Nokia issues with the network. So I don't believe I deserve to have to wait it out and pay back AT&T for the subsidized cost, it was literally like one of those penny upgrades. I was told I would be able to upgrade and suddenly that was taken away from me. And now I am pretty much tired and done with the complete lack of Customer Service.

I mean does anyone at AT&T even understand what it means to treat a paying business customer? 

Also - I am currently stuck with a Nokia Lumia 900, a Windows phone. To say the least, I wouldn't wish this phone on an enemy.

Thank you for listening. Good Night, and Good Luck.

Frustrated - Upgrade eligibility taken away and stuck in Customer service blackhole. Help?

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 6:53:51 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by chen9810 on Oct 25, 2013 at 6:55:19 PM

Mobile companies changed many things these years.

1. Remove unlimited data plan
2. Remove $5 and $10 message plan
3. Introduce Shared Everything plan
4. Introduce Next.
5. Remove 12 month upgrade for users paying $100+
6. Remove 18~20 month upgrade.
7. Increase upgrade fee from $18 to $36
8. Add monthly administrative fee $0.6.

Is there anything else they can do to push us pay more?

Mobile companies changed many things these years.

1. Remove unlimited data plan
2. Remove $5 and $10 message plan
3. Introduce Shared Everything plan
4. Introduce Next.
5. Remove 12 month upgrade for users paying $100+
6. Remove 18~20 month upgrade.
7. Increase upgrade fee from $18 to $36
8. Add monthly administrative fee $0.6.

Is there anything else they can do to push us pay more?

Re: Frustrated - Upgrade eligibility taken away and stuck in Customer service blackhole. Help?

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 6:26:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Yep, there's still plenty.  But let's not give them ideas.

Yep, there's still plenty.  But let's not give them ideas.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Frustrated - Upgrade eligibility taken away and stuck in Customer service blackhole. Help?

3 of 4 (746 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 11:34:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

LOL! 

I still shake my head in disbelief that as a paying customer I have to jump through so many hoops just for a pleasant and reliable conversation to get answers. I feel mentally harrassed at this point. 

Fortunately after more than a month of this harrassment, I finally spoke to the 1 person who actually understood the "Service" part of Customer service and resolved this. All done. No more AT&T black holes to be sucked into - for now

LOL! 

I still shake my head in disbelief that as a paying customer I have to jump through so many hoops just for a pleasant and reliable conversation to get answers. I feel mentally harrassed at this point. 

Fortunately after more than a month of this harrassment, I finally spoke to the 1 person who actually understood the "Service" part of Customer service and resolved this. All done. No more AT&T black holes to be sucked into - for now

4 of 4 (734 Views)