Frustrated - Upgrade eligibility taken away and stuck in Customer service blackhole. Help?

Tutor

Frustrated - Upgrade eligibility taken away and stuck in Customer service blackhole. Help?

I know this topic has come up too many times but I am kinda sorta done and fedup with AT&T customer service. This is probably my last method of reaching out to resolve this before I pay my ETF and cancel my line and head out to another service. 

Here is a timeline of where I am at (AT&T Business direct customer): 

April 2012 - Bought Lumia 900, Windows phone, one of the first few orders (was excited about it)

December 2012 - Started questioning my decision about the phone, it was awful and causing a lot of pain

Feb 2013 - Checked eligibility to change my phone - Said November 2013

August 2013 - Heard about the new iPhone coming out, there was HOPE! I will survive

Sept 12 2013 - Spoke to AT&T Customer support (I have the first name of the agent). Super nice guy, told me I wasn't upgrade eligible, my eligibility was moved to APRIL 2014. WHAT? After an hour of holding and back and forth - Told me he'll work with me to get me the upgrade date I had earlier and pre-order the iPhone for me. Will call me back on 20th Sept

Sept 20 2013 - Stared at my phone for 24 hours, no calls from AT&T. Gave a week - just in case

Sept 27 2013 - Got an AT&T phone survey asking how was service - Gave a piece of my mind. Called AT&T again, spoke to someone else, again super nice. Promised to follow up and needs a week to look into it. Fine. She sounded trustworthy. 

Oct 4th 2013 - Stared at my phone for 24 hours, no calls from AT&T. (Fool me twice, shame on me?)

Oct 11th 2013 - Got a call from some AT&T Manager following up on my survey. Yay. Said will call me back to get this resolved asap. 

Oct 16th 2013 - Given up hope. Get a call while I was driving telling me I am not eligibile for upgrade till April 2013. Yes, I know that, that is why I have been calling. Couldn't talk long since I was driving, was told they will call me back at 6pm.

Oct 16th 2013 - 6pm, No Call. 10pm, No Call.

Oct 25th 2013 - 6pm, No call.

Given up all hope. This is not worth my while. AT&T didn't do me any favors subsidizing a crappy phone (for which they ended up refunding $$ because of Nokia issues with the network. So I don't believe I deserve to have to wait it out and pay back AT&T for the subsidized cost, it was literally like one of those penny upgrades. I was told I would be able to upgrade and suddenly that was taken away from me. And now I am pretty much tired and done with the complete lack of Customer Service.

I mean does anyone at AT&T even understand what it means to treat a paying business customer? 

Also - I am currently stuck with a Nokia Lumia 900, a Windows phone. To say the least, I wouldn't wish this phone on an enemy.

Thank you for listening. Good Night, and Good Luck.

Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Re: Frustrated - Upgrade eligibility taken away and stuck in Customer service blackhole. Help?

Mobile companies changed many things these years.

1. Remove unlimited data plan
2. Remove $5 and $10 message plan
3. Introduce Shared Everything plan
4. Introduce Next.
5. Remove 12 month upgrade for users paying $100+
6. Remove 18~20 month upgrade.
7. Increase upgrade fee from $18 to $36
8. Add monthly administrative fee $0.6.

Is there anything else they can do to push us pay more?

Message 2 of 4
Professor

Re: Frustrated - Upgrade eligibility taken away and stuck in Customer service blackhole. Help?

Yep, there's still plenty.  But let's not give them ideas.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Tutor

LOL! 

I still shake my head in disbelief that as a paying customer I have to jump through so many hoops just for a pleasant and reliable conversation to get answers. I feel mentally harrassed at this point. 

Fortunately after more than a month of this harrassment, I finally spoke to the 1 person who actually understood the "Service" part of Customer service and resolved this. All done. No more AT&T black holes to be sucked into - for now

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support