Former GoPhone user, can't get unlock request

Contributor

Former GoPhone user, can't get unlock request

Hi, I called AT&T to see if they can unlock my AT&T phone. They can't unlock my phone because they can't find my old GoPhone Account anymore. My old phone number has been recycled to someone else. I keep getting transfered and hung up on. I still have all of the orginal email receipts to prove that I had service with AT&T. Please someone help me.

Message 1 of 8 (1,571 Views)
Scholar

Re: Former GoPhone user, can't get unlock request

Actually your Go Phone account has an expiration date, If you were not using it for a long time, the account will be rendered inactive and the phone number lost. What you can do is go to any ATT store and reactivate your sim card, they wil give you a new phone number. After that make sure to add money to your account, your account will be cancelled after 26 days since activation if no money is added.

Message 2 of 8 (1,535 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. But I have no interest in re-activating my GoPhone service. I just want my phones unlocked that I'm entitled to. AT&T's telephone support is completely useless, I've called 5 times. My issue hasn't been resolved yet.

Message 3 of 8 (1,486 Views)
Scholar

Oh so what you mean is that you want to use your phone with a diffirent service provider? or not? I don't know if i'm getting this right. If yes you could submit a request form att.com/deviceunlock select gophone, IMEI at the back of the phone (battery compartment). It may take 2-3 days

Message 4 of 8 (1,469 Views)
Highlighted
Master

You seem to meet all the criteria for allowing your phone to be unlocked. Try submitting an unlock request form if you haven't already tried that. Besides that, the only other advice I can offer is another call to customer service.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 8 (1,371 Views)
Contributor

I've been searching and came across this post - I have the same issue! I can't for the life of me find a solution. Did you ever get the code????

Message 6 of 8 (248 Views)
ACE - Expert

@hibahoward
Have you submitted a request through the unlock portal?

(FYI, the original post is very old. It is unlikely a customer leaving ATT is still on forums )
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8 (243 Views)
Contributor

I sent an online request a few months ago and it was denied. Customer service said to try again in a few months. Called them again after several months and they told me to submit another request.
Yeah I know it is old but I assume if at least he hasnt deleted his account he will get an email that someone had replied to his post.

Message 8 of 8 (231 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.