For those of you using WiFi repeaters with your Microcell....

ACE - Professor

For those of you using WiFi repeaters with your Microcell....

I use a WiFi repeater to wirelessly connect my Mcell to my router.  This works just fine and is a lot more dependable than Powerline adapters...at least in my case where my home's AC wiring has some ground loops issues that render Powerline adapters useless.

Just keep in mind when using a wireless repeater that they also can have issues that will make you think that your Mcell has gone wonky.

Case in point, this morning my Mcell was flashing the 3G light indicating it had lost it's connection to the internet.  This happens rarely and typically all I have to do is briefly power cycle the Mcell and it's good to go or I can just give it time and it will eventually reconnect on its own. Today, however, a couple of power cycles of the Mcell would not clear the flashing green 3G light.

Before doing a hard reset or anything else to the Mcell, I decided to use my iPhone to check my WiFi status.  I have two WiFi connection possibilities, my router and my repeater.  My iPhone was connected to the router.  When I tried to switch the WiFi connection to my repeater, my iPhone said it could not connect to my repeater.  I power cycled my repeater and two minutes later my Mcell was up and running again.

So if you're using a repeater to connect your Mcell to your router, remember the repeater can lose it's connection to the router too and before you start beating your head against a wall because you can't get your Mcell to work, check your ability to connect to the repeater with your cellphone.  You may be blaming your Mcell needlessly.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 2 (937 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: For those of you using WiFi repeaters with your Microcell....

Good information. Thanks Avedis53!

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (934 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.