Firing up old microcell - not connecting

Highlighted
Tutor

Firing up old microcell - not connecting

Hi,

From what I gather reading these forums and the web, the Microcell hastily thrown together piece of junk and I don't have high hopes. BUT I got this one from my parents who used it for a couple years until a tower was built in their area. It has been offline for about two more years. I am running through the setup process and I get a solid GPS, but the 3G bars just keep blinking. They've been like that for tow days.

I've run through all the troubleshooting if found on-line. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I needed to do some kind of firmware update before it would connect...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (1,150 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Firing up old microcell - not connecting

The MicroCell is not a hastily thrown together piece of junk. Lots of them have been working just fine for years (mine included). Quite often the issues are with the way it has been setup or with the ISP.

The blinking green (I'm assuming the 3G light is blinking green and not red) means that there is no connection to AT&T's servers. During the Initial Activation process, if there are any updates they will be applied automatically there is nothing that you have to do. How do you have it setup, who is your ISP, speeds etc? I'm also assuming that you have an active post-paid AT&T mobile account. If this was your parents MicroCell it could be that they didn't deregister the MicroCell (remove it from their mobile account) and, as far as AT&T knows, it's still registered to them at their physical address.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (1,131 Views)
ACE - Professor

I'm betting on a Mcell that wasn't unregistered by the parents....

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (1,078 Views)
ACE - Master

Me too. That's why I suggested that. We'll see what happens.

Message 4 of 6 (1,075 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for the reply... The 3G light is not red, it is blinking green. My ISP is Comcast and my speeds are ~27mbps down and ~14mbps up. I have it setup with a wire to my router, router to modem, modem to ISP. Yes, I have a "normal" ATT account - not pre-paid. I know it has been de-registered because I had to do it for them over a remote session. It is also now re-registered to my account.

The light is still blinking a week later and no connectivity. I'll be calling ATT later, I just had other things to do. Once I get it resolved, I let everyone know how it turned out.

Message 5 of 6 (971 Views)
ACE - Professor

Did you do a hard reset of your Mcell before re-registering your Mcell?

Some people have had success by de-registering their Mcell, then pushing the reset button on the back of their Mcell for 30 seconds and then re-registering the Mcell.  You might try this.

Message 6 of 6 (966 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.