Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 6, 2014
7:32:21 PM
Federal Discount
I received an email that said I am eligible for 15% discount through at&t, so I went in to a store and thought i was getting an excellent deal compared to Verizon where I was paying $182 for 2 lines. The guy at at&t quoted my bill at $146 per month but only offered a %8 percent discount which is already calculated in to my bill. Well, I just got my first bill......$272!!!
Holy crap do I feel insanely Stupid!! Now im stuck in this crapvfor 2 years?? The only reason I switched was because i couldnt afford Verizon anymore, how can I possibly afford this?! Plus I paid $214 the day i got my 2 new phones. Im seriously freaking out right now!
I received an email that said I am eligible for 15% discount through at&t, so I went in to a store and thought i was getting an excellent deal compared to Verizon where I was paying $182 for 2 lines. The guy at at&t quoted my bill at $146 per month but only offered a %8 percent discount which is already calculated in to my bill. Well, I just got my first bill......$272!!!
Holy crap do I feel insanely Stupid!! Now im stuck in this crapvfor 2 years?? The only reason I switched was because i couldnt afford Verizon anymore, how can I possibly afford this?! Plus I paid $214 the day i got my 2 new phones. Im seriously freaking out right now!

Federal Discount

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2014 7:42:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
And another thing i did not get was the $200 per line credot for switching from verizon yo AT&T!! NOW IM UPSET!!
And another thing i did not get was the $200 per line credot for switching from verizon yo AT&T!! NOW IM UPSET!!

Re: Federal Discount

2 of 4 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2014 7:34:42 AM
(0)
Expert

pinklioness77 wrote:

your first bill is alway higher becasue it is prorated - it is explained here

http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/Wireless-Understanding-Your-Bill-Helpful-Links/m-p/3222393...

pinklioness77 wrote:

your first bill is alway higher becasue it is prorated - it is explained here

http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/Wireless-Understanding-Your-Bill-Helpful-Links/m-p/3222393#U3222393

3 of 4 (281 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2014 12:27:36 PM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Feb 7, 2014 at 12:29:12 PM

Hello @pinklioness77 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for posting. As wingrided explained, you first bill is typically higher, it includes your one time activation fees and prorated charges. And your switcher credit will be automatically posted to your account before your third bill, I believe it gets processed in 60 days from activation. If you need help reading and understanding your bill, our customer care will be happy to assist, just give them a call, or stop by the store. And of course we can double check and make sure you're getting the right discount.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @pinklioness77 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for posting. As wingrided explained, you first bill is typically higher, it includes your one time activation fees and prorated charges. And your switcher credit will be automatically posted to your account before your third bill, I believe it gets processed in 60 days from activation. If you need help reading and understanding your bill, our customer care will be happy to assist, just give them a call, or stop by the store. And of course we can double check and make sure you're getting the right discount.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (269 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments