FedEx Delivery Devices Damaged

Tutor

FedEx Delivery Devices Damaged

[ Edited ]

On 12/17/13, I placed on order with AT&T customer sales via the phone for two brand new Asus VivoTab RT's which AT&T was offering for free on a 2-year contract.  Everything was confirmed and my devices were to be shipped and delivered via FedEx, next business day.  

Living in Hawaii has some disadvantages.  I recieved my two devices in two separate boxes on 12/19/13, they were left at my front door no longer than 15 mintues, till I got home from work.  I recieved an e-mail notification that my boxes were delivered as I was making my way home.  

Long story, short. I was disappointed with the delivery. 

1. The keyboard for both tablets were missing, both of them never shipped with the tablets.

2. Hold your breath! The second box I opened revealed a totally damaged tablet.  The back side was smashed in and the screen I'm sure is damaged as well.

I immediately called AT&T customer serivce and I was instructed to take them to the nearest AT&T store for asisstance.  I jumped in my car and visited the nearest AT&T store.  The service I received at the store was not one the best.  I felt as if the employees were judging me and trying to blame me.  Now, why would I want to damage something that I've ordered?

The manager, Michael {personal information removed} told me that it was my responsibility to file a claim with FedEx, because he said AT&T is not responsible for the damaged goods.  I was APPAULED! Why is the customer who placed the order with AT&T and AT&T used FedEx to ship their devices responsible for the damaged devices in transit?  I resisted and said, I'm not going home with two broken devices.  Michael replied "oh yes you are!"

First off AT&T Wireless is the account holder using Fedex to get the package to the customer (me). They package it, affix the label to the package and FedEx picks it up for delivery. It is Fedex's responsibility to deliver that package per their contract of service with AT&T. Therefore, I feel that AT&T is the responsible party to deal with Fedex and not the customer.  AT&T as the customer of Fedex must put in a claim for loss, damage, or theft. 

I am frustrated and building with anxiety regarding this situation that I am now in.  I have two broken devices and missing two keyboards.  I was looking forward in giving these two tablets as gifts to my younger brothers for Christmas.  

Could someone at AT&T please assist me.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 9 (573 Views)

Re: FedEx Delivery Devices Damaged

Hello supahjay,

I think it would be most beneficial for you to contact Community SupportATTCustomerCare, to try to get help resolving your issue. As far as the information regarding filing a claim with Fedex, it is worth noting that Fedex doesn't not typically handle claims from the receiver. They are typically initiated and handled by the shipper. 

Message 2 of 9 (561 Views)
Community Manager

Hello @supahjay 

That is just terrible, I'm so sorry! We can help you with that. Like Julywashere suggested, please send us a private message with your full name, phone number and the best time you can be reached and one of our managers will contact you directly to assist.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9 (522 Views)
Highlighted
Master

"Oh yes you are!" is a very rude and unprofessional remark. Certainly no way to treat a customer who is at no fault for the damaged tablets whatsoever. And no foam peanuts/packaged air in the boxes? My theory is that FedEx may not have been very careful handling the packages during the shipping process, but let's not play the blame game.

I sincerely hope that AT&T will take care of this problem and you will be shipped two completely functional tablets before Christmas!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 9 (501 Views)
Tutor

I have reached out to a customer care rep via Twitter handle @ATTCustomerCare. Jenn, who responded was helpful and pleasant to speak with. I have since then this morning, shipped the damaged devices and the boxes they came in back to AT&T in hopes for a quick resolution to this matter.
Message 5 of 9 (485 Views)
Tutor

Hi Dmitriy,

Jenn, via Twitter handle @ATTCustomerCare has worked to helped me with my situation earlier this morning. I re-packed and shipped the damaged devices back to AT&T for their inspection and in hope that AT&T has more ASUS tablets for replacement. I appreciate all the support I have received from AT&T Customer Care at this point.
Message 6 of 9 (485 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

You know what's funny. The manager at the local store here, Michael, has failed to return any calls or e-mails regarding my situation. Proving and reinforcing my thought that he was not well prepared in helping customers in my situation.

To send off your customer out of your store with damaged devices is surely NOT the right thing to do. I'm quite certain that AT&T has some best practices set aside for all employees to follow to ensure that your customers are taken cared of no matter what happens with their devices.

[edited for privacy]

Message 7 of 9 (485 Views)
ACE - Guru

supahjay wrote:

You know what's funny. The manager at the local store here, Michael, has failed to return any calls or e-mails regarding my situation. Proving and reinforcing my thought that he was not well prepared in helping customers in my situation.

To send off your customer out of your store with damaged devices is surely NOT the right thing to do. I'm quite certain that AT&T has some best practices set aside for all employees to follow to ensure that your customers are taken cared of no matter what happens with their devices.

[edited for privacy]

Jeez what a mess.

I wonder if the store that you went to is an ATT Corporate store or an ATT Authorized Retailer.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 9 (446 Views)
Master

Jeffster_1 wrote:

supahjay wrote:

[edited for privacy]

Jeez what a mess.

I wonder if the store that you went to is an ATT Corporate store or an ATT Authorized Retailer.

Could very well be, didn't think of that. 

Anywho, I'm glad to see that a rep from AT&T has come forward to make this right - the way it should have been in the first place. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 9 of 9 (428 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.