FamilyTalk Nation 700 Minutes - Cost?

Highlighted
Tutor

FamilyTalk Nation 700 Minutes - Cost?

[ Edited ]
(Max 5 lines)
$60.00 $48.00 $9.99 Y : 180 Min Y Y  

I tried to ask this in a chat session, I waited for over 20 minutes for the representative thinking maybe they were very busy and then the Rep closed chat with no response to my question. I changed my plan from 550 mins to 700 mins because I had seen the new cost was $48 as I posted above but I am being billed for $60, please advise?

Message 1 of 9 (1,011 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: FamilyTalk Nation 700 Minutes - Cost?

Do you have a discount on your account? Possibly the $48 is the actual cost of the plan once your discount (if you have one) is applied.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9 (946 Views)
Employee

A discount from your job easily will credit a certain amount to your primary line charge. Meaning if your job has a 17% discount that will apply towards the $60.00 amount and be deducted.

However, you should really check out what the Mobile Share Value has in store for you and your family.

Not only is the 10 gigabyte plan $100.00 Smiley Surprised but each phone, up Ten lines, is now only $15.00!!!

Right now people from family plans paying $250.00 are saving dramatically due to the plan change.

And not to mention on the Mobile Share Value Plans you can share your data, avoiding overages.

You can easily log in to your myAt&t app on your phone and Turn the cell data off per phone if you fear an overage to easily make the phones wifi only!

Did I forget to let you know you can easily trigger your smartphone, that is capable, into a hot spot! Meaning that if you on at work and the internet goes down you engage your phone and stream the data from your device! 

Easily, Simple, and Convenient

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9 (930 Views)
Contributor

But what they don't tell you that if you upgrade your phone then that 15 dollars per line is now 40 dollars per line even on a contract plan. So you pay 199 for your out of contract upgrade then get hit with an extra 25/month for 2 years.

And is it just me or does it seem like everytime you call AT&T and get someone different you get diferent prices??

Message 4 of 9 (905 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

That's simply a failure for people to pay attention to details or properly research it, the ads for the $45 and $160 plans specifically mention 'no contract'. If you look at the plans anyplace, such as www.myattrpc.com it shows clearly. (The one on the site eg, has 'Pricing for phones on AT&T Mobile Share® Value with no annual          contract. Other charges & restr. applyPricing for phones on AT&T Mobile Share® Value with no annual          contract. Other charges & restr. applyPricing for phones on AT&T Mobile Share® Value with no annual contract. Other charges & restr. apply')

To be honest, the 10gb special exists to make the contract obsolete.

The AT&T Next program, especially the Next 18, is a much deal than the contract phone

Personally, for some of the iphones I looked at the AT&T Next, the Next program came out to be ~$240 less expensive, between the monthly discounts/pricing/upfront charges/upgrade fee

So realistically people are going to be getting AT&T Next, and the MSV 10gb is really $160, but it's not budgeting in the cost of the phones you might get through using the AT&T Next upgrade process.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 9 (880 Views)
Contributor

Or Failure of Customer service to spell it out they just expect you to read between the lines, tupical AT&T. What a deal on contract now. Here you get a subsidized phone for 199 if you sign a 2 year contract But Oh wait for that privelege you must pay an Extra $600 25 more a month for 2 years. Yea what a great deal.

Message 6 of 9 (858 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Rainbow1616 wrote:

Or Failure of Customer service to spell it out they just expect you to read between the lines, tupical AT&T. What a deal on contract now. Here you get a subsidized phone for 199 if you sign a 2 year contract But Oh wait for that privelege you must pay an Extra $600 25 more a month for 2 years. Yea what a great deal.

seems pretty well spelled out to me

Pricing for Value plan w/10 GB data ($100/mo.) plus $15/mo. per smartphone on no annual service contract or on an installment agmt. Add'l monthly charge per device. Up to 10 devices per plan. Limit 4 financed devices per wireless account. Device costs not included. New pricing avail. to AT&T customers on 2-yr agmt as of 2/1/14. If upgrading, must comply with then-current req's to keep $15 smartphone rate. Data: Automatically charged $15/GB for data overage. Activation fee, taxes, add'l deposits & other restr. may apply. Cvg & svc not avail. everywhere. Other Monthly Charges/Line: May include applicable taxes, & federal & state universal svc charges, Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge (up to $1.25), gross receipts surcharge, Admin. Fee, & other gov't assessments which are not taxes or gov't req'd charges. Pricing subject to change.

Message 7 of 9 (837 Views)
Explorer

Thank you for the replies!  I am still confused on the new pricing. I am unsure which route is cheaper for 4 phones now, 3 smartphone 1 non-smartphone. I do have a 20% employee discount but the numbers just don't add up to be listed at $48 to me. I know we definitely do not go over the 10GB of data per month so are we best to change over from the unlimited data plan? I pay over $200 a month now.

Message 8 of 9 (742 Views)
Employee

First, verify with AT&T that your 20% FAN discount is indeed attached to your account. You can do this in a corporate store or over the phone with Customer Care. Regarding your plan pricing if you did the new Mobile Value Share, your plan would cost $140 for 10 gigs, 3 smarts, and a basic. This assumes your 3 smarts contracts were all signed prior to 2/2/14. The $140 also assumes your 20% FAN discount is correctly applied to your account
Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 9 (720 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.