Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 19, 2013
4:54:57 PM
View profile
Family rarely finds new phone.
We recently upgraded one of our lines to a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Family Maps used to locate the old phone (an HTC) without a problem but is unable to locate the new phone 95% of the time. I've verified that the phone is on and GPS and wifi are on but it still fails to locate. If I try to locate our other phone (iPhone 4s) Family Maps finds it practically every time. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to why the Samsung can't be located?
We recently upgraded one of our lines to a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Family Maps used to locate the old phone (an HTC) without a problem but is unable to locate the new phone 95% of the time. I've verified that the phone is on and GPS and wifi are on but it still fails to locate. If I try to locate our other phone (iPhone 4s) Family Maps finds it practically every time. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to why the Samsung can't be located?

Family rarely finds new phone.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 10:31:00 AM
(0)
Tutor
Call ATT tech people and ask to turn off the LTE feature of the 4G LTE

Re: Family rarely finds new phone.

2 of 3 (371 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 10:54:43 AM
(0)
Expert

wonderwoman1982 wrote:

Not sure that is possible, look in the phone settings and see if there is a settig to switch it off at the phone

wonderwoman1982 wrote:

Not sure that is possible, look in the phone settings and see if there is a settig to switch it off at the phone

Re: Family rarely finds new phone.

3 of 3 (365 Views)