Family Plan Question

Contributor

Family Plan Question

My sister and father have an AT&T family plan.  She'd like me to join (with my son), adding 2 more lines to the plan.

My question is -- if I join her plan (I'm not currently with AT&T) what happens if my father dies (he is 90) or if my sister or my financial situation changes (e.g., job loss) -- and one of us can't pay our way.   Do I become responsible for the entire bill or just my son and my own portion?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (207 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Family Plan Question

If that would happen, you could transfer billing responsibility of only your 2 lines away from the family plan and then would only be responsible for those lines. By joining someone else's plan, they are the ones that are financially responsible for the lines unless they transfer all the financial responsibility to you.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (196 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.