Family Plan Back to A Personal Plan

Contributor

Family Plan Back to A Personal Plan

I originally had a personal cell phone plan, but then changed it to a family plan. My contract on the second phone has been expired for a while now and I no longer need the second line or phone. All I want to do is go back to my personal plan, but every where I go all the employees tell me they can not do that. Please help!
Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Family Plan Back to A Personal Plan

kimbouchard916 wrote:
I originally had a personal cell phone plan, but then changed it to a family plan. My contract on the second phone has been expired for a while now and I no longer need the second line or phone. All I want to do is go back to my personal plan, but every where I go all the employees tell me they can not do that. Please help!

If you phone is the primary phone on the account and the second one is the secondary and out of contract is up you should be able to just cancel the second line and you will revert to a personal plan, problem is those plans where discontinued and you may be reverted to a mobile share value plan. I suggest that you go to a corporate store (not a authorized retailer) and talk to them

Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: Family Plan Back to A Personal Plan

Hi kimbouchard916, 

You will need to visit a coporate AT&T store in order to make the change. SInce you are still on a legacy plan, unless you are moving to a whole new account (with a new account number) you will be able to switch back. Sometimes in a dealer store, they don't have the ability to change you back to those plans. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support