Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 23, 2013
5:11:24 PM
False charges- Worst service- Cust care uses no logic/commonsense
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 23, 2013 at 8:13:23 PM

I have a account with ATT and the funny part is that I use a Nokia 6820 phone which was one of the starting phones. This is not a smart phone. Now funny part is that ATT network picks it up as Smartphone and as IPHONE?

ATT keeps charging me a dataplan and I have to call. Its now I am so tired of explaining them so many times and its just a headache. I also went to the ATT store and they did agree that its a system glicth and I should not be charged.

But still my bill keeps showing a dataplan charges. I am so tired of ATT . Totally not a happy customer.

Also my agent working on this case is KAY and everytime u call, it goes to voice mail. I have left 6 voicemail over a period of 2 weeks but no responses.  What a irresponsible employees? I cannot expect much more from ATT now?

[edited for privacy]

I have a account with ATT and the funny part is that I use a Nokia 6820 phone which was one of the starting phones. This is not a smart phone. Now funny part is that ATT network picks it up as Smartphone and as IPHONE?

ATT keeps charging me a dataplan and I have to call. Its now I am so tired of explaining them so many times and its just a headache. I also went to the ATT store and they did agree that its a system glicth and I should not be charged.

But still my bill keeps showing a dataplan charges. I am so tired of ATT . Totally not a happy customer.

Also my agent working on this case is KAY and everytime u call, it goes to voice mail. I have left 6 voicemail over a period of 2 weeks but no responses.  What a irresponsible employees? I cannot expect much more from ATT now?

[edited for privacy]

False charges- Worst service- Cust care uses no logic/commonsense

[ Edited ]
13 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 10:29:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
I suspended my line with an iPhone on it and added a new line with new number. I was told that the old line everything had been removed. In fact I asked multiple times if the insurance and data plan were for sure removed because I've had to deal with this before. I get my bill and its outrageous. They didnt prorate anything and yep the suspended line still has the $30 data plan. So I email them today because I have a serious back injury and I am home bound and just talking on the phone makes me nauseous. They tell me that because the line had an iPhone on it I have to

Reactivate the line

Purchase a non-smart phone

Register it to the line and activate it

Make 1 call from it

Then AND ONLY THEN can the data plan be removed. I have pages of emails where I was like you cannot be serious, etc...so I guess I get to call them Monday and see if a manager can do anything. I mean this is beyond ridiculous. No one should have to pay for services they do not want and are not using. .
I suspended my line with an iPhone on it and added a new line with new number. I was told that the old line everything had been removed. In fact I asked multiple times if the insurance and data plan were for sure removed because I've had to deal with this before. I get my bill and its outrageous. They didnt prorate anything and yep the suspended line still has the $30 data plan. So I email them today because I have a serious back injury and I am home bound and just talking on the phone makes me nauseous. They tell me that because the line had an iPhone on it I have to

Reactivate the line

Make 1 call from it

Then AND ONLY THEN can the data plan be removed. I have pages of emails where I was like you cannot be serious, etc...so I guess I get to call them Monday and see if a manager can do anything. I mean this is beyond ridiculous. No one should have to pay for services they do not want and are not using. .

Re: False charges- Worst service- Cust care uses no logic/commonsense

2 of 14 (1,206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 5:33:38 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Aug 24, 2013 at 5:35:27 AM

Icedbloodtear wrote:

Reactivate the line

Make 1 call from it

If the line is suspended you cannot make any changes to it, suspended is not canceled, to make changes the line is required to be active.

Icedbloodtear wrote:

Reactivate the line

Make 1 call from it

If the line is suspended you cannot make any changes to it, suspended is not canceled, to make changes the line is required to be active.

[ Edited ]
3 of 14 (1,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 11:15:15 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by dtsxonxchoppas on Aug 24, 2013 at 11:22:46 AM

Hi there! I hope that you're having a good day.. I think that I would be able to help you on this issue, with being charged for data on a Non-Smartphone, on a personal level. Your issue is really common and it's a complete misunderstanding.

Smiley Happy

When everyone had Basic/Quick Messaging Phones like yourself, we had plans call Pay-Per Use plans that charges $2 Per 1Mb for data. Usage wasn't fast or high with Non-Smartphones, so the rates wasn't that high at that time. 

These Pay-Per Use plans are automatically added to your features if there is no Data Plan or Messaging plan active, and they can be removed upon request.
(You cannot remove or add Pay-Per Use Data on a Smartphone, they require a data plan)

Dial (*#06#) and provide the Customer Service Representative (CSR) your IMEI to verify that you have your Nokia. From there own, after it's verified as a Non-Smartphone, ask for the Pay-Per Use feature to be removed and a Data Block for Non-Smartphones. The data block is free...You can also send a private message here to further assist you as well!

Goodluck!

Hi there! I hope that you're having a good day.. I think that I would be able to help you on this issue, with being charged for data on a Non-Smartphone, on a personal level. Your issue is really common and it's a complete misunderstanding.

Smiley Happy

When everyone had Basic/Quick Messaging Phones like yourself, we had plans call Pay-Per Use plans that charges $2 Per 1Mb for data. Usage wasn't fast or high with Non-Smartphones, so the rates wasn't that high at that time. 

These Pay-Per Use plans are automatically added to your features if there is no Data Plan or Messaging plan active, and they can be removed upon request.
(You cannot remove or add Pay-Per Use Data on a Smartphone, they require a data plan)

Dial (*#06#) and provide the Customer Service Representative (CSR) your IMEI to verify that you have your Nokia. From there own, after it's verified as a Non-Smartphone, ask for the Pay-Per Use feature to be removed and a Data Block for Non-Smartphones. The data block is free...You can also send a private message here to further assist you as well!

Goodluck!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 14 (1,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 11:49:44 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 24, 2013 at 3:24:46 PM

Hi
I have already given my imei long time back. Any how it still charges me a dataplan. I am tired of this. Can u check into this.

Acct phone number ********

Would appreciate if u can waive it off. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

[edited for privacy]

Hi
I have already given my imei long time back. Any how it still charges me a dataplan. I am tired of this. Can u check into this.

Acct phone number ********

Sent from my iPhone

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
5 of 14 (1,150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 2:21:35 PM
(0)
Expert

cheatersandliars wrote:
Hi

Acct phone number [redacted]

Sent from my iPhone

confused, if the number you are talking about is the one your posted above (not a good idea to post this type of information). the tag line shows that it was sent from a iphone, no you are required to have a data plan

cheatersandliars wrote:
Hi

Acct phone number [redacted]

Sent from my iPhone

confused, if the number you are talking about is the one your posted above (not a good idea to post this type of information). the tag line shows that it was sent from a iphone, no you are required to have a data plan

6 of 14 (1,135 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 5:23:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

The number from which I am responding is not the number in question. I am using a different account to respond. Thats y it shows Iphone.

The number in case, is a NOT A SMART PHONE.

How difficult it can be for ATT to understand this simple statement. Its just ATT rep would keep going on and on ....

Common...is this that difficult to understand? You have to wait for 30 mins over the phone on helpline before someone picks it up...wow.... what a service

The number from which I am responding is not the number in question. I am using a different account to respond. Thats y it shows Iphone.

How difficult it can be for ATT to understand this simple statement. Its just ATT rep would keep going on and on ....

Common...is this that difficult to understand? You have to wait for 30 mins over the phone on helpline before someone picks it up...wow.... what a service

7 of 14 (1,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 5:41:54 AM
(0)
Expert

cheatersandliars wrote:

what is the make and model number of the phone in question and where did you get it?

cheatersandliars wrote:

what is the make and model number of the phone in question and where did you get it?

8 of 14 (1,071 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 8:26:44 AM
(0)
Tutor
The phone in question is Nokia 3100

9 of 14 (1,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 1:57:52 PM
(0)
Employee

I wish I could help you here, but, I'm at home whenever I log into the Community Forums. (I enjoy helping others, even when I'm off).

Believing what you're saying is true, have you concidered visiting one of your local AT&T Stores? It's already been two days since your posted your problem; understanding that time is very valuble for you, I'd visit the store.

If that's a problem, I'm sure one of the Community Leaders would be more than happy to help you out!

I wish I could help you here, but, I'm at home whenever I log into the Community Forums. (I enjoy helping others, even when I'm off).

Believing what you're saying is true, have you concidered visiting one of your local AT&T Stores? It's already been two days since your posted your problem; understanding that time is very valuble for you, I'd visit the store.

If that's a problem, I'm sure one of the Community Leaders would be more than happy to help you out!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 14 (1,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 9:02:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hello, I was told by ATT that somebody will get in touch with me on this forum? Is anyody here from ATT to even look into this? This is just getting crazy and height of worst customer service.

Hello, I was told by ATT that somebody will get in touch with me on this forum? Is anyody here from ATT to even look into this? This is just getting crazy and height of worst customer service.

11 of 14 (854 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 9:03:19 AM
(0)
Tutor
Am glad the merger did not take place....
Am glad the merger did not take place....

12 of 14 (852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 11:45:49 AM
(0)
Expert

cheatersandliars wrote:

so this is the same issue with a different phone that you posted in message 1?

cheatersandliars wrote:

[edited for privacy]

which phone is it actually?

cheatersandliars wrote:

so this is the same issue with a different phone that you posted in message 1?

cheatersandliars wrote:

[edited for privacy]

which phone is it actually?

13 of 14 (843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 1:46:25 PM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Aug 30, 2013 at 2:06:06 PM

Hello cheatersanddliars, thank you for your posts.

I'm sorry you're having issues with your phone and service. We can help you with that. Each phone has a unique IMEI number that tells our network the make and model of the phone. The network always recognizes the IMEI number if it's changed or the SIM card is moved from phone to phone, however your situation sounds like some kind of glitch. We'll be happy to look into this issue for you. Please send us a private message by clicking on "Private Message" link below and one of our managers will contact you within 2 business days to help. Please include your full name, phone number, make and model of the equipment, IMEI number (can be found under the battery) and the best time you can be reached. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello cheatersanddliars, thank you for your posts.

I'm sorry you're having issues with your phone and service. We can help you with that. Each phone has a unique IMEI number that tells our network the make and model of the phone. The network always recognizes the IMEI number if it's changed or the SIM card is moved from phone to phone, however your situation sounds like some kind of glitch. We'll be happy to look into this issue for you. Please send us a private message by clicking on "Private Message" link below and one of our managers will contact you within 2 business days to help. Please include your full name, phone number, make and model of the equipment, IMEI number (can be found under the battery) and the best time you can be reached. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
14 of 14 (830 Views)