Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 4, 2013
9:05:32 AM
View profile
Facetime Unavailable

I have never used Facetime, or used it so long ago I don't remember!  I have an iPhone 4 and my husband has an iPhone 4S.  I recently got an iPad and was having a little fun using Facetime between my iPad and his phone.  We decided to try using it on our phones. No matter what we do, when we try to connect via Facetime we get "Facetime unavailable" and it ends the call.  We were both on WiFi.  We both have Facetime toggled on on our phones.  We both have AT&T unlimited data plans.

I'm guessing it may be my phone, since I could connect to his using Facetime via my iPad.  Any ideas on what else to try?

I have never used Facetime, or used it so long ago I don't remember!  I have an iPhone 4 and my husband has an iPhone 4S.  I recently got an iPad and was having a little fun using Facetime between my iPad and his phone.  We decided to try using it on our phones. No matter what we do, when we try to connect via Facetime we get "Facetime unavailable" and it ends the call.  We were both on WiFi.  We both have Facetime toggled on on our phones.  We both have AT&T unlimited data plans.

I'm guessing it may be my phone, since I could connect to his using Facetime via my iPad.  Any ideas on what else to try?

Facetime Unavailable

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 4:46:48 PM
(0)
Expert

judygr64 wrote:

where you trying to use cellular data to connect? I know ATT announced back in may they where going to open it to all data plans but was under the impression it was on a controlled rollout thoughout the year

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/21/business/la-fi-tn-att-unlimited-data-cellular-facetime-mid-j...

judygr64 wrote:

where you trying to use cellular data to connect? I know ATT announced back in may they where going to open it to all data plans but was under the impression it was on a controlled rollout thoughout the year

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/21/business/la-fi-tn-att-unlimited-data-cellular-facetime-mid-june-20130521

Re: Facetime Unavailable

2 of 4 (1,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 6:27:38 AM
(0)
Teacher
As I mentioned, we were both connected to wifi. Shouldn't it be trying to connect to Facetime via wifi? I was able to connect to my husband's phone on Facetime via wifi only on my iPad so I'm still thinking it has something to do with my iPhone.
As I mentioned, we were both connected to wifi. Shouldn't it be trying to connect to Facetime via wifi? I was able to connect to my husband's phone on Facetime via wifi only on my iPad so I'm still thinking it has something to do with my iPhone.

3 of 4 (1,042 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 7:34:23 AM
(0)
Former Employee

I believe you must also be logged into your apple id account so you might want to verify that. Something else to consider is what address are you using to place the call. A facetime call can be made using either the 10 digit phone number or an email address depending on how the recipient has set up their "You can be reached by Facetime at" settings. Make sure you are calling an address that the receiver will accept.

I believe you must also be logged into your apple id account so you might want to verify that. Something else to consider is what address are you using to place the call. A facetime call can be made using either the 10 digit phone number or an email address depending on how the recipient has set up their "You can be reached by Facetime at" settings. Make sure you are calling an address that the receiver will accept.

4 of 4 (1,031 Views)