Facebook live tile not updating?!

Scholar

Facebook live tile not updating?!

Anyone know how to fix this?
Mobile device: Lumia 920
What's been tried:
[x] Deleting/ reactivating FB account on device.
[x] Deleting/ reinstalling FB app
[x] Soft reset
[x] Hard reset
[x] Unpin/ re-pin app on start screen
[x] Turned off/on tile and toast notifications
Message 1 of 12 (11,808 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Facebook live tile not updating?!

FB live tile has been pretty hit and miss for me too, even though other live tiles update - and given your extensive list of troubleshooting which includes everything I would have suggested, I think you're just seeing an app bug.

I guess the only other thing you didn't say is if Facebook is allowed to run in the background.

Settings Swipe left to Applications, Bckground tasks (should show as "may run in background, cannot change" or some such...

In the Facebook app itself, on the left side menu, under settngs, Notifications, do you have your notifictions set as desired?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12 (11,767 Views)
Scholar

Yup notification set (mentioned above)

Message 3 of 12 (11,758 Views)
Mentor

You can try the suggestions at this site also:

http://www.rbrussell.com/2013/02/13/tech-tip-windows-phone-how-to-fix-stuck-live-tiles-that-wont-upd...

I've recently had a bunch of stuck live tiles, and had good luck with the "reset IE cache option".

Message 4 of 12 (11,631 Views)
Scholar

Still not working with that procedure. It's working fine on my 900, but the 920 is giving me issues. I had a YouTube link posted on my FB page and it would show up constantly, even when I deleted it. After I reinstalled the app, it would update the picture on the tiles, but not the toast and tile notification.
Message 5 of 12 (11,612 Views)
Scholar

I have the same issue.  It seemed to "break" after the last FB update.  I don't get notified for anything anymore and my tile says info from like 2 posts ago....that is if it shows anything.

Message 6 of 12 (11,513 Views)
Scholar

Hopefully the long awaited amber update fixes this...

Message 7 of 12 (11,502 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

EJ86 wrote:

Hopefully the long awaited amber update fixes this...

Seems more likely this is a problem in the FB app itself, as other live tiles work.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 12 (11,448 Views)
Scholar

My co-worker has a Lumia 822 and she's been having the same issue, no notifications or tile updates. She barely installed the app and noticed it right away.

Message 9 of 12 (11,445 Views)
Scholar

The app seems is updating properly now. I got a toast notification on a FB post last night. Tiles are updating on the start screen and my lock screen has the proper Facebook notification icons, down below. I don't know it there was a major update on it, but its looking good so far.
Message 10 of 12 (11,394 Views)
ACE - Professor

EJ86 wrote:
The app seems is updating properly now. I got a toast notification on a FB post last night. Tiles are updating on the start screen and my lock screen has the proper Facebook notification icons, down below. I don't know it there was a major update on it, but its looking good so far.

http://www.wpcentral.com/official-facebook-app-wp8-bumped-v503-today

Updated thursday. Forgot I was running the beta, which is a bit ahead of the "release" version.

Message 11 of 12 (11,383 Views)
Scholar

Isn't amber friendly...
Message 12 of 12 (10,308 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.