Extremely unreliable GoPhone network

Contributor

Extremely unreliable GoPhone network

I have had AT&T prepaid service for almost 3 years now. And the past year has been the worst I've ever expierenced. I don't believe it's the device as I had two different devices with the same unreliable coverage. For hours sometimes 4-6 hours I will not have service, but without moving the phone's location, it will then have half to full amount of bars. And it's not a localized issue in one area. It's a problem no matter where I am in the city of Moline, IL. I could be at work and have a strong signal, and then like a light swtich, not have signal for hours upon hours. It makes me upset as I use my phone quite a bit for helping fellow classmates and I have a dropped signal for hours.

Anybody else have extremely unreliable AT&T gophone service? I want to change to Verizon if this keeps up, but I don't want to lose my number as well.

Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Re: Extremely unreliable GoPhone network

Well the location maybe an issue. I am in Dallas area, I normally never have full bars, hardly 30% to 40% all the time, but i hardly have any call drop or texts not going through issues. 

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

It's literally hours with no service, then all of a sudden I have three bars. Today alone, I've been without service from 7am to 10am. And from 4pm to present. AT&T has been the worst.
Message 3 of 4
Master

If I were you, I would check with other AT&T customers in your area (if there are any that you know of) and ask them how their service is. If it's somewhat good, then I would suggest getting a new SIM card.

It's also perfectly possible that AT&T may just have very poor coverage in your area.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support