Posted Oct 28, 2012
8:19:21 AM
Extremely Poor Reception and Numerous Dropped Calls
My husband and I have been with AT&T for numerous years. We have never had any issues until recently. We reside in Laredo, TX and within the last few months we have had many dropped calls. The call reception is terrible. Sometimes I send texts and the other party never receives them. There have been times when my phone never rings and sends the caller straight to voicemail. There are also times when we have zero service, and other times when we pick up the Mexican tower, TELCEL. We are beyond upset and frustrated. Our fear is that if there is ever an emergency, we won't be able to call out, or if our kids school calls, we might never get the call. We called AT&T twice and got no where. We are even considering breaking our contract and paying the fee just so we won't have to deal with this terrible service. We have friends that have other cell phone carriers, and have zero problems. Not to mention that our Internet is also extremely slow. It upsets me that we have been loyal customers and customer service is unable to help us. Beyond upset right now!!!!
My husband and I have been with AT&T for numerous years. We have never had any issues until recently. We reside in Laredo, TX and within the last few months we have had many dropped calls. The call reception is terrible. Sometimes I send texts and the other party never receives them. There have been times when my phone never rings and sends the caller straight to voicemail. There are also times when we have zero service, and other times when we pick up the Mexican tower, TELCEL. We are beyond upset and frustrated. Our fear is that if there is ever an emergency, we won't be able to call out, or if our kids school calls, we might never get the call. We called AT&T twice and got no where. We are even considering breaking our contract and paying the fee just so we won't have to deal with this terrible service. We have friends that have other cell phone carriers, and have zero problems. Not to mention that our Internet is also extremely slow. It upsets me that we have been loyal customers and customer service is unable to help us. Beyond upset right now!!!!

Extremely Poor Reception and Numerous Dropped Calls

9 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2012 1:21:52 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've had such problems recently. 

Do the problems with your wireless service happen all over town or while you're at home?

Will you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? 

If you have separate account numbers for your internet service please include both. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such problems recently. 

Do the problems with your wireless service happen all over town or while you're at home?

Will you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? 

If you have separate account numbers for your internet service please include both. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Extremely Poor Reception and Numerous Dropped Calls

2 of 10 (2,808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2013 5:39:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

I hope there will eventually be a fix for the poor reception and dropped calls.  Since September, I have been unable to make calls, receive calls and text at work.  Kind of defeats the purpose of having a cell phone.  I have been a long time customer and never really had any issues but I am definitely not happy.  Outside of work I have a hard time getting on the internet through my data plan, again, not happy.

I hope there will eventually be a fix for the poor reception and dropped calls.  Since September, I have been unable to make calls, receive calls and text at work.  Kind of defeats the purpose of having a cell phone.  I have been a long time customer and never really had any issues but I am definitely not happy.  Outside of work I have a hard time getting on the internet through my data plan, again, not happy.

3 of 10 (2,160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2013 2:53:26 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you're having trouble. 

Have you done troubleshooting with your phone & SIM card to make sure it's not an issue with the phone itself?

--------------

I'm sorry you're having trouble. 

Have you done troubleshooting with your phone & SIM card to make sure it's not an issue with the phone itself?

--------------

4 of 10 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2013 9:46:33 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi dsheets1,

We received your Private Message and we are happy to look into this for you.

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi dsheets1,

We received your Private Message and we are happy to look into this for you.

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

5 of 10 (2,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2013 4:36:13 PM
(0)
Tutor
AT&T reception service is the worst available. Stay far away. The don't care. Go anywhere else.
AT&T reception service is the worst available. Stay far away. The don't care. Go anywhere else.

6 of 10 (1,785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2013 8:38:43 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

DougStafford wrote:

I've seen you comment on quite a few posts but it's not clear if there's an issue we can help with. 

Please let me know what's causing your frustration so we can help!

--------------

DougStafford wrote:

I've seen you comment on quite a few posts but it's not clear if there's an issue we can help with. 

Please let me know what's causing your frustration so we can help!

--------------

7 of 10 (1,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 6:39:45 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have a problem, I have a friend who lives about a mile down the road. Who I talked into getting AT&T. Just received a free micro cell because he has no signal at his house. He tells me as I'm hooking it up for him that he is getting it free. So the next day I call AT&T and ask about getting one because I have no service at my house. They tell me sure no problem it will only cost you $99 with a mail in rebate. So I say what? My friend who only has 2 phones and has been with AT&T for only 6 months gets a microcell for free. I have 3 phones with AT&T and have been here twice as l have and your gonna charge me $99 lol what a joke I'm seriously thinking about switching to Verizon where I can at least get cell reception at my house lol
I have a problem, I have a friend who lives about a mile down the road. Who I talked into getting AT&T. Just received a free micro cell because he has no signal at his house. He tells me as I'm hooking it up for him that he is getting it free. So the next day I call AT&T and ask about getting one because I have no service at my house. They tell me sure no problem it will only cost you $99 with a mail in rebate. So I say what? My friend who only has 2 phones and has been with AT&T for only 6 months gets a microcell for free. I have 3 phones with AT&T and have been here twice as l have and your gonna charge me $99 lol what a joke I'm seriously thinking about switching to Verizon where I can at least get cell reception at my house lol

8 of 10 (989 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 6:43:37 PM
(0)
Contributor
That's my frustration
That's my frustration

9 of 10 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 7:26:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am going through the same issues.... I am considering leaving att and go somewhere else. My account is coming for renewal this December and I think I will be moving...

A friend of mine came for a visit and they did not have any problems with reception. They had Verizon Wireless. Why they can get an excellent reception and I cant?

Sincerely,

Jeff - From Cape Coral Florida

I am going through the same issues.... I am considering leaving att and go somewhere else. My account is coming for renewal this December and I think I will be moving...

A friend of mine came for a visit and they did not have any problems with reception. They had Verizon Wireless. Why they can get an excellent reception and I cant?

Sincerely,

Jeff - From Cape Coral Florida

10 of 10 (897 Views)