Error dectivating and re-activating microcell 3/1/2014

Error dectivating and re-activating microcell 3/1/2014

Have had intermittent problems since last Sunday.  Tuesday night was able to talk to a rep who disconnected my microcell, and then went through the activation process.

It failed again on Friday--have spent most of the day on the phone with att.  They continue to say the system is being updated, that's why it can't be fixed now.

I click on disconnect the microcell, and it never really disconnects.  Somehow my home address is missing from my record, and so it can't go through the activation process.

The reps tell me that the microcell needs to be disconnected, but because of the system updates, it's not happening.  I asked if I could just get a new microcell,and they said that wouldn't fix the problem.

I really need this so I can use my cell phone from home for work.  I feel like I'm getting mixed information. 

Anyone had a similar experience?

Message 1 of 43 (1,981 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Error dectivating and re-activating microcell 3/1/2014

Well it sounds like support really has no idea when this will be fixed(no surprise there). But I did get a free month of service for my account,  at least its something 7 lines ain't cheap.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 43 (1,602 Views)
ACE - Master

I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 43 (1,597 Views)
ACE - Master

well well well that activation server is back working only took them a week.  sad quite sad.  

Message 18 of 43 (1,555 Views)
ACE - Professor

So you are up and running again?

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Message 19 of 43 (1,552 Views)
ACE - Master

Apparently there was some sort of software hiccup on the activation page that impeded activation and it took awhile to isolate and fix. Activation should be ok now.

Message 20 of 43 (1,547 Views)
ACE - Master

There is no reason it should take a week to fix a problem with something like this.  They should fire the engineer that is in charge of repair of this server.  I mean a billion dollar company should have the cream of the crop.  Also I wounder if it was the main website that had failed if they would have fixed that quicker.  Its just another reason ATT sucks at customer satisfaction.  Not one rep that I spoke to for a week really new there was a problem with anything till they were 15 min into the call and looked.  Support should be notified when there is an outage so they don't have to waste the customers time.

Message 21 of 43 (1,542 Views)
ACE - Master

Agreed.

Message 22 of 43 (1,540 Views)
ACE - Professor

I catagorically concur. 

Message 23 of 43 (1,534 Views)

Doesn't appear to be working for me. I am expecting a call tonight from
the customer support person, who has been very diligent, I believe. I am
hoping she does call, and I can get this resolved.
Message 24 of 43 (1,529 Views)
ACE - Master

Try a different web browser. Sounds odd but sometimes when the activation page gets hung up for what ever reason, using a different web browser works.

Message 25 of 43 (1,529 Views)

Thanks--I am actually on a completely different computer. I have tried ie,
firefox and chrome.

I still get the error that the service is temporarily unavailable, when I
click on update my address.
Message 26 of 43 (1,528 Views)
ACE - Master

Sounds like they're still working on aspects of it. Shouldn't be that way. Have you trid to pm CustomerCare (link in my sig) now the server is supposedly fixed? They are usually a bit better with problems than phone support.

Message 27 of 43 (1,527 Views)
Tutor

Having this issue for days now and no one can seem to figure it out. I've been on the phone with AT&T every day for nearly a week trying to get this sorted out because without the microcell my cell phone is as good as a paper weight. I hope we can get it sorted out soon!

Message 28 of 43 (1,514 Views)
ACE - Master

I responded to your other post. Let's keep our conversations to one posting. It's much easier to follow.

Message 29 of 43 (1,511 Views)

I've had the microcell since they came out... and without fail at least once a year if not twice a year it quits working for no apparently reason....

Mine quit sometime Sunday.... no change internal or external... it just quits...

The first few times I called and talked with ATT... and went through all the pointless reset it, unplug it, plug it in, deregister it, register it... check your router settings... etc...   I say pointless because it never fixes it and they end up pointing a finger at my ISP or router because they are never at fault...

The front line techs never get any sort of update saying there is something wrong with the ATT end of things so they automatically assume the user has done something or has something wrong...

The last three times the microcell has gone out I just ignored and and reset it once a day... and after about a week, sometimes two it magically starts working again... which tells me ATT has something wrong on their end and doesn't know about it or won't admit it.

Once it is dead a couple of days I google for "microcell march 2014" ... and here I land with others having issue....

Guess we shall see how long it takes this time for them to fix whatever it is that is wrong.

Robert

p.s. no I am not a happy customer and next time my contract is up I'll be migrating to someone else.

Message 30 of 43 (1,497 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.