Email to Text Phone Numbers

Highlighted
Tutor

Email to Text Phone Numbers

Is there a list of the SMS numbers that AT&T uses to send text messages generated through the “phonenumber@txt.att.net” email address?

When I receive these text messages to my phone, they have a number followed by prefix to identify the message. Eg. 1 (210) 100 -063, 1 (210) 100 -064.

I am looking to gather a list of all of the SMS numbers (the 1 (210) 100 portion). I have alerts sent to my phone for one of our software products at work. We can receive a number of alerts throughout the day. It would be easier if I group these numbers under one contact. Since they are received as a new number each time, they appear in my phone as a new message which makes them difficult to manage.

Message 1 of 3
Tutor

Re: Email to Text Phone Numbers

I solved my own issue. I didn't know that if you used "@mms.att.net" it would send it with the recipients email address and not the AT&T number. What a relief!

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Email to Text Phone Numbers

Did the application make this change to mms.att.net?  I support an application that is causing the same issue as you mentioned in your initial post.  Our customers are complaining they can't set a specific alert due to the changing numbers.  Thanks

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support