Eligibility date change

Contributor

Eligibility date change

How is it that my upgrade eligibility date has changed from Dec. 2012 to Jan 2013 and the 3 phones on my plan where purchased on different dates but all have the same eligibility date?  Where do I go on the site to see where my AT&T contract ends?

Message 1 of 5 (1,455 Views)
Expert

Re: Eligibility date change

nashff wrote:

How is it that my upgrade eligibility date has changed from Dec. 2012 to Jan 2013 and the 3 phones on my plan where purchased on different dates but all have the same eligibility date?  Where do I go on the site to see where my AT&T contract ends?

eligiblity dates can change due to a number of factors - late playments, suspension - either voluntary or in voluntary, etc. Not to sure why all three phones have the same date, that is not normal.

Logon to your account - select Profile, then User Informtion, it has custoemr since and contract end date

Message 2 of 5 (1,434 Views)
Contributor

The same thing happened to me! It changed my upgrade eligibility date from 10/2013 to 3/2014. Understand I have the iPhone 3GS so I was beyond extatic to finally be able to upgrade to an iPhone 5. I called customer service and the lady was beyond rude and told me some bull about how it was coorporate and she couldn't do anything about it. I asked for her manager who told me that it there could be hundreds of reasons why. I never changed my plan, I was never late for a payment, nothing.

At this point I was beyond furious. So I went back to my account to see when my contract ends so I can cancel from this company and what do you know! My contract (originally started 10/2011 hense why elegibility is 10/2013) moved up saying that I signed a contract 03/2012. I call back customer service and tell them that I have proof of payment that my contract started in October 2011 and that they need to do something about this because I'm not waiting another half a year to cancel my line. The person on the other end apologized (thankfully it wasn't that horrible lady) and told me they don't want me cancelling my line. As compensation they gave me upgrade eligibility that day rather than waiting for October.

Even though their customer service is horrible I decided to take the upgrade but I keep proof of everything now. They act like they can't do anything but once you show them you have documentation and that the mistake is on their part, they will cater to your every need.

Message 3 of 5 (851 Views)
Contributor

AT&T and Verizon both eliminated early upgrades. AT&T is getting rid of the 2 year contract and the subsidized phone. What they are doing is financing S4 will be 32/month at the old non-contract phone price. It's close to what T-Mobile did but T-mobile is charging a deposit up front and the ytou make payments. AT&T will also be doing it for tablets and the Salaxy Note is 20/month Plus data.

Message 4 of 5 (747 Views)
Expert

Orlbuckeye23 wrote:

AT&T and Verizon both eliminated early upgrades. AT&T is getting rid of the 2 year contract and the subsidized phone. What they are doing is financing S4 will be 32/month at the old non-contract phone price. It's close to what T-Mobile did but T-mobile is charging a deposit up front and the ytou make payments. AT&T will also be doing it for tablets and the Salaxy Note is 20/month Plus data.

Minor correction - the 2 year contract with a subsidized phone is still available, t-mobile is also charging you an extra 10.00 a month for this privilige

Message 5 of 5 (738 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.