Early Termination Fee Waived

Teacher

Early Termination Fee Waived

[ Edited ]

Anyone have sucess on waiving the fee I have had bad coverage and dropped calls for year and half. Will Att waive the fees so I can  switch for the remaining months They know I am in a light green coverage area I have called before  and complained I only stayed because of iphone

Message 1 of 22 (38,765 Views)
Professor

Re: Early Termination Fee Waived

Yes that's what happened in many cases. One key factor may be the signal margin. If the customer starts out with only 3 bars, there is not much of a signal margin to get down to 2 bars or less, so that a loss of 1 signal bar may prove unacceptable. In my experience, when it's down to 2 bars, calls can drop easily by just a slight change in physical location. If the customer started out with 5 bars, there would be a good margin for service. Reading bars can be tricky because the bars on handsets are scaled differently by manufacturers. I simply use bars for easy explanation.

For accurate readings, one will need to use signal strength in dBm, which is readily found in many phones. You would wish that there would be a guide to help customers assess service quality, using the dBm readings, and to help customers decide whether or not to keep the phone past the first 30 days. Such a guide would greatly reduce buyer remorse after the first 30 days.

Message 16 of 22 (38,531 Views)
Contributor

Att is a rippoff. Other companies offer the same service for less with no activation fees. They themselves have spinnoff companies that charge a lot less. Why do I have to pay for activation everytime I sign up for a new contract? This a bunch of crap. My signal has dropped from 3 bars to almost none in my area and their explanation that their engineers are working to fix the problem (for the past 3 years).

Message 17 of 22 (31,501 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

sum1 wrote:

Att is a rippoff. Other companies offer the same service for less with no activation fees. They themselves have spinnoff companies that charge a lot less. Why do I have to pay for activation everytime I sign up for a new contract? This a bunch of crap. My signal has dropped from 3 bars to almost none in my area and their explanation that their engineers are working to fix the problem (for the past 3 years).

those are not spinoffs they are buying bandwidth from att and other carriers and using it for their customers - it is cheaper because those companies on pay for the bandwidth, they don;t have to worry about paying for infrastructure, development, equipment to run a wireless provider, they jusy pay the real carrier to rent some of their tower space - guess what would happen to your cellphone serivce if negotiations fell through on contract negotiation when the previous contract agreement falls through? Give you a hint, have you seen a national hockey league game this year? the same exact thing will happen

Message 18 of 22 (31,479 Views)
Contributor

Hi Friends,

My Brother have purchased Nokia Lumia 920 with AT&T contract a month back. But now he is moving to India. So he wants to break the contract. Could anyone help us to know how to break the contract and what will be the cost for it without returning the device. We would like to use Nokia lumia 920 in India. So we will keep the device with us but wants to break the contract alone.

Thanks & Regards,

Govarthan
Message 19 of 22 (26,245 Views)
Expert

Govarthansiva wrote:
Hi Friends,

My Brother have purchased Nokia Lumia 920 with AT&T contract a month back. But now he is moving to India. So he wants to break the contract. Could anyone help us to know how to break the contract and what will be the cost for it without returning the device. We would like to use Nokia lumia 920 in India. So we will keep the device with us but wants to break the contract alone.

Thanks & Regards,

Govarthan

The etf on a smartphone is 325.00 - (10.00 * number fo completed billing cycles). If your contract is a month old, the etf will be 315.00. The add the final bill which will not be pro-rated. The device cannot be returned since it is past the 14 day buyers remorse. If I recall correctly the Luminia 920 is a new device, it may not be eligible for unlock for a period of time that can be between 6 and 12 months after release.

Message 20 of 22 (26,223 Views)
Contributor

Stay away from AT&T..leave..run as fast as you can ....after over 10 years of being with them I finally had to leave due to financial problems and go to a cheaper service only for them to pretty much tell me to go f++k myself when asking that a couple hundred dollars in early termination fees be waived. This is how they treat long term clients. Well I was willing to pay my usage fees now I guess the go f++k yourself is back at you AT&T!!

Message 21 of 22 (10,379 Views)
Expert

marise1954 wrote:

Stay away from AT&T..leave..run as fast as you can ....after over 10 years of being with them I finally had to leave due to financial problems and go to a cheaper service only for them to pretty much tell me to go  myself when asking that a couple hundred dollars in early termination fees be waived. This is how they treat long term clients. Well I was willing to pay my usage fees now I guess the go  yourself is back at you AT&T!!

No matter where you go, there you are - all the carriers will do this, it is the penalty for breaking the contract that you signed for the subsidized phone.

Message 22 of 22 (10,375 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.