Early Termination Fee Waived

Teacher

Early Termination Fee Waived

[ Edited ]

Anyone have sucess on waiving the fee I have had bad coverage and dropped calls for year and half. Will Att waive the fees so I can  switch for the remaining months They know I am in a light green coverage area I have called before  and complained I only stayed because of iphone

Message 1 of 22 (38,755 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Early Termination Fee Waived

Sorry to say but the ETF wont be waived.

Message 2 of 22 (38,725 Views)
Scholar

I would do some troublshooting with att until your contract is up.  At least troubleshooting is free, but you will need some time on your hands...  Att will only waive the fee if it seems appropriate such as a death in the family.  A network/device issue would not be one being as service is not guaranteed everwhere.

Message 3 of 22 (38,710 Views)
Professor

OP, I second coolstorybro.  You wrote that you have called and complained, but have you called to get the issue resolved?  I had a problem with dropped calls almost a year ago.  I called in to tech support so that they could fix it, and they did.  I didn't call to complain at any point in time, because there would have been no benefit to it.  There was a benefit to calling for a resolution, as I have only had one dropped call in the nine months since that call to tech support.

Message 4 of 22 (38,697 Views)
Master

The chances of getting an ETF waived are slim to none. If you really beg and plead, then they might give in, but it certainly is not going to be an easy task.

Good luck.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 22 (38,675 Views)
Professor

On the positive side, the ETF is not a penalty. You are in no way short changed by AT&T. Also, you will save by not paying AT&T for services you cannot get.
Message 6 of 22 (38,670 Views)
Employee

the ETF exists only because you got your phone ad a discounted price, you're contract is not for good service or even service at all. you can easily pass your phone to someone else to get the money to pay your ETF, 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 22 (38,657 Views)
Contributor

That is a bunch of crap!  I signed with att and had good service with 3 bars for four months then suddenly dropped down to 0-1 or at best two bars.  The contract works both way, they are suppose to provide service that is being paid for.  Something most certainly happend to the service.  There is absolutely no reason for me to have spent 100+ hours on the phone had every bit of trouble shooting plus spending extra money on a junk microcell that I should still be held in that contract!  They should not be ripping people off for their high service which is not worth a penny of it. 

Message 8 of 22 (38,617 Views)
Professor

Don't let them rip you off. If you have put that much effort without AT&T resolving the issue, it's time to switch to another carrier.

Message 9 of 22 (38,608 Views)
Guru

It's hard to get the fees waived.
Message 10 of 22 (38,592 Views)
Former Employee

hubberducki wrote:

That is a bunch of crap!  I signed with att and had good service with 3 bars for four months then suddenly dropped down to 0-1 or at best two bars.  The contract works both way, they are suppose to provide service that is being paid for.  Something most certainly happend to the service.  There is absolutely no reason for me to have spent 100+ hours on the phone had every bit of trouble shooting plus spending extra money on a junk microcell that I should still be held in that contract!  They should not be ripping people off for their high service which is not worth a penny of it. 

Don't take any discounts on equipment and pay full price, no contract required. That way if you're not happy you can cancel anytime and move on.

Message 11 of 22 (38,629 Views)

I would love to leave ATT with a passion. I have a cell phone, that drops calls. turns off  by itself. My customers can't hear a word I am saying. Have to switch to speakerphone, real professional right? Tech service gave me a millions ways to fix it none work. I can't operate my business properly. You guys are a joke. I was better off with Metro PCS. At least then I was not paying a  premium price, for poor service.

Message 12 of 22 (38,608 Views)
Professor

Paying the ETF is in the contract, and it's not a rip off. You can avoid paying for poor service by switching carrier. If I paid the full non commitment price of $550 without a contract and you paid $200 with a two year contract but with a $300 ETF, that's your choice. The ETF is unconditional but is waived sometimes, though not usually. I don't think I would be ripped off if I paid $350 more than the guy who chose the two year contract.
Message 13 of 22 (38,600 Views)
Professor

at&t lets you out of your contract within 30 days for bad service. It looks like you decided in that time frame that it was worth the bad coverage to keep the Jesus phone. It seems it was your choice to value the device over the service.
Message 14 of 22 (38,587 Views)
Master

FredW wrote:
at&t lets you out of your contract within 30 days for bad service. It looks like you decided in that time frame that it was worth the bad coverage to keep the Jesus phone. It seems it was your choice to value the device over the service.
During the poster's time with AT&T, maybe the service was great for the first month and then slowly began to decline as times went on outside of the 30-day buyer's remorse period. I've read plenty of scenarios on this Forum where the customers' service worked great for the first month and then gradually got worse one or two months later. Maybe that's what happened.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 15 of 22 (38,574 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.