Double charging my account and its NORMAL?????

Contributor

Double charging my account and its NORMAL?????

I purchased on the att web site a nokia 520 go phone and a 60$ card for it on sunday 8-18..Almost immediatly 170 and change is taken out of my bank account[tax added]...i get the usual order verification emails and monday it shipped with expected delivery on wednesday..im excited to try a windows phone and all is good..today 8/20 I try and buy some groceries on my way home from work...my card is denied..i rush home freaking out!!att has charged me another 99 $ and another 60$ for the card-seperatly...and sent me an email that sez they are unable to verify my bank card and i need to contact them or order will be canceled..THATS CRAZY!!!-my phone supposedly already shipped..so i call,heart racing , and am told not to worry-this is how its done..ur money will automatically go back in shortly [whatever that means]..I am so angry i am shaking-i did not authorize att to take out that much,only the original 170, and dont worry its normal..sounds illegal to me and am contacting the attorney generals office tomorrow morning if the extra money isnt back in my account by then--guess im eating rice tonight..not a good first dealing with att....

Message 1 of 3 (405 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Double charging my account and its NORMAL?????

Hello, danno67! Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties ordering your phone online. I understand how frustrating it can be. We can get you in touch with our team of managers, and they will do everything they can to make sure that your account was not double charged. Just send a private message to ATTCustomerCare by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Any order information you might have would be helpful, and it might be a good idea to include an alternate phone number, just in case. Please keep in mind that it may take up to two business days to receive a reply, but this is a great team that will do their best to get this taken care of.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (327 Views)
Contributor

Re: Double charging my account and its NORMAL?????

I just had the same thing happen to me. I bought a Nokia Lumia GoPhone on Friday 8/23. Paid $148 upfront. My phone arrives this Wednesday. I checked my bank account this afternoon and found out AT&T just took another $42 out of my account for no reason. I'm haven't signed up for AutoRefill or anything- I don't even have my phone yet! 

Message 3 of 3 (236 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.