Does Anyone "Buy" Ringtones Anymore?

Professor

Does Anyone "Buy" Ringtones Anymore?

Jusst curious to see how old activity is in this forum and if anyone even buy ringtones thes days when you can make your own from an mp3and a ringtone app?
Message 1 of 10 (2,841 Views)
Master

Re: Does Anyone "Buy" Ringtones Anymore?

I haven't intentionally purchased ringtones since November 2009. That was only to get certain ones that I had purchased for the old flip phone onto my first Android phone.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10 (2,832 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Same here. Last time I purchased a ringtone was for the Sidekick back in 2007. I do subscribe to ringback . I love me some "Calling All Angels" . The song has a sentimental connection . Got me thru a scary moment.

But have you noticed the dates in this entire section? Talk about a ghost town.... I can practically hear our echo as two type! Smiley Surprised Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 10 (2,830 Views)
Master

Honestly I have never understand the appeal of having a ringback tone. There was one person I remember calling who had one. I didn't care for the tone they had picked.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 10 (2,823 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
Honestly I have never understand the appeal of having a ringback tone. There was one person I remember calling who had one. I didn't care for the tone they had picked.

Its a rather vein feature i must admit.  But i think it was more of a fad of mid 2000's that took on and never faded.  Even though .99/year isnt that big a deal individually, when you add that +taxes x a couple million customers... its a cha-ching maker.   

While other carriers provide the multiple schedule option, allowing you to set on and off hours throughout a day when  you want the basic ring or the subscribed ringback to play,  att still stuck i their orig format.. on and off (morning or evening). thats it.

Message 5 of 10 (2,817 Views)
Professor

Are there currently any phone devices on the market today that does "not" allow the owner to create their own ringtone? ARe there any smart phone devices that restricts ringtones to purchsed ringtones only?
Message 6 of 10 (2,789 Views)
Scholar

I've never bought a ringtone.  Always found it preferable to make my own, that way I can be sure it is exactly what I want.

Message 7 of 10 (2,767 Views)
Professor

I agree La-La. Lat time I purchased was for a locked down tight phone sidekick that you had to buy , no, "RENT" the ringtone. Once the phone was deactivated so went the ringtones...no more of that for me.
Message 8 of 10 (2,763 Views)
Contributor

That market died, as far as most people are concerned.
Message 9 of 10 (1,746 Views)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 10 of 10 (1,726 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support