Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 26, 2013
5:56:00 PM
View profile
Do you lose saved voicemails when upgrading to iPhone 5S?

I wanted to see if when I upgrade from an Iphone 4S using the previous IOS, if I will lose my saved voicemails when I upgrade to the 5S and IOS7.

Plese advise

Thanks!

I wanted to see if when I upgrade from an Iphone 4S using the previous IOS, if I will lose my saved voicemails when I upgrade to the 5S and IOS7.

Plese advise

Thanks!

Do you lose saved voicemails when upgrading to iPhone 5S?

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2013 7:59:43 PM
(1)
Scholar
I just upgrade my GF 4 to a 5C and the only thing she lost was her email.
I just upgrade my GF 4 to a 5C and the only thing she lost was her email.

Re: Do you lose saved voicemails when upgrading to iPhone 5S?

2 of 5 (1,838 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2013 8:03:25 PM
(1)
Scholar
I believe the voicemails are saved on the VM server as well as the phone so I'd think they would still be there.
I believe the voicemails are saved on the VM server as well as the phone so I'd think they would still be there.

3 of 5 (1,834 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 7:38:12 AM
(1)
ACE - Master

When I upgraded my iPhone 4 from iOS 5 to iOS 6 a year ago I didn't lose anything.  Then a few days later when I replaced my iPhone 4 with an iPhone 5, I still didn't lose anything.  

Well, that last part is a small fib, but it has to do with the timing between purchasing/activating the iPhone 5 and restoring the iPhone 4 backup onto it.  I actually lost a few SMS messages, but they were not really critical to me, and I knew it would happen because I had received them on the iPhone 5 before I was able to restore the iPhone 4 backup onto it.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

When I upgraded my iPhone 4 from iOS 5 to iOS 6 a year ago I didn't lose anything.  Then a few days later when I replaced my iPhone 4 with an iPhone 5, I still didn't lose anything.  

Well, that last part is a small fib, but it has to do with the timing between purchasing/activating the iPhone 5 and restoring the iPhone 4 backup onto it.  I actually lost a few SMS messages, but they were not really critical to me, and I knew it would happen because I had received them on the iPhone 5 before I was able to restore the iPhone 4 backup onto it.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (1,763 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 8:00:16 AM
(0)
Scholar

If by "saved voicemails" you mean Visual Voicemail messages that you've already/previously retrieved from AT&T's VM system onto your iPhone--i.e., you can listen to them repeatedly from your iPhone voicemail list--as long as you sync/backup your iPhone to iTunes regularly and then subsequently restore said backup to your 5S, your VVM messages should be restored as well.  If you set up your 5S as a "new phone" and don't restore from a previous iPhone backup sync, then you will not be able to access your saved voicemails.  Now you may be able to retrieve/download old voicemail messages from AT&T's servers but that would be dependent upon how long they are saved, as far as customer retrieval is concerned.

If by "saved voicemails" you mean Visual Voicemail messages that you've already/previously retrieved from AT&T's VM system onto your iPhone--i.e., you can listen to them repeatedly from your iPhone voicemail list--as long as you sync/backup your iPhone to iTunes regularly and then subsequently restore said backup to your 5S, your VVM messages should be restored as well.  If you set up your 5S as a "new phone" and don't restore from a previous iPhone backup sync, then you will not be able to access your saved voicemails.  Now you may be able to retrieve/download old voicemail messages from AT&T's servers but that would be dependent upon how long they are saved, as far as customer retrieval is concerned.

5 of 5 (1,685 Views)