Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 1, 2013
6:40:12 PM
View profile
Dissatisfied with coverage and customer service disconnections!!!
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:53:58 PM

I have 3 types of coverage at home: none, very little, or minimally spotty! I get disconnected from customer service constantly.  I bought a MicroCell but At&t wouldn't activate it untless I bought a contract vs. my prepaid plan!!! No one in the store told me I would be blocked from using it.  Finally, one store rep. told me that prepaid plan members don't have access to all the towers that contract customers do.  I have no more money for a contract on top of a $200 booster. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't buying a phone and a montly service enough?  How greedy can a company get?

I thought giving a customer service rep. my landline number was the answer to getting disconnected.  So far only one bothered to call me back like promised (Joanne - bless her!).  The others switch me to someone else and as I wait- bam the disconnection happens or in mid-sentence with someone.  What a waste of time.

[edited for privacy]

I have 3 types of coverage at home: none, very little, or minimally spotty! I get disconnected from customer service constantly.  I bought a MicroCell but At&t wouldn't activate it untless I bought a contract vs. my prepaid plan!!! No one in the store told me I would be blocked from using it.  Finally, one store rep. told me that prepaid plan members don't have access to all the towers that contract customers do.  I have no more money for a contract on top of a $200 booster. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't buying a phone and a montly service enough?  How greedy can a company get?

I thought giving a customer service rep. my landline number was the answer to getting disconnected.  So far only one bothered to call me back like promised (Joanne - bless her!).  The others switch me to someone else and as I wait- bam the disconnection happens or in mid-sentence with someone.  What a waste of time.

[edited for privacy]

Dissatisfied with coverage and customer service disconnections!!!

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 12:16:24 PM
(0)
Community Support

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. If problems are persisting, send us a private message here with your account number, full name, contact information and the best time you can be reached. One of our awesome managers will contact you to assist. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. If problems are persisting, send us a private message here with your account number, full name, contact information and the best time you can be reached. One of our awesome managers will contact you to assist. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Dissatisfied with coverage and customer service disconnections!!!

2 of 3 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 12:45:46 AM
(0)
Teacher

They are required to inform you of the Microcells requirements. If they did not, tell them on the phone. They should have told you before you went out to buy it that you are required to be on a service plan (not prepaid). Im sorry this happened to you, hopefully when they call you, allow them to troubleshoot, but make sure you are on a landline so you don't disconnect or be in another area you get coverage.

They are required to inform you of the Microcells requirements. If they did not, tell them on the phone. They should have told you before you went out to buy it that you are required to be on a service plan (not prepaid). Im sorry this happened to you, hopefully when they call you, allow them to troubleshoot, but make sure you are on a landline so you don't disconnect or be in another area you get coverage.

Re: Dissatisfied with coverage and customer service disconnections!!!

3 of 3 (352 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments