Disgraceful Service

Contributor

Disgraceful Service

I had recharged my account on 20th of january with $27 and at&t cut off my service on the same day. It took a week to realise that I had no signal on my mobile as i dont very much use my mobile for the reason being that I am not a chatter type of person. Then i rang customer service and  told i could not connnect and they said my account was cancelled. My question was why in the world would you cancel my account without my permission? I didn't even initiate the cancellation process. I was mad and asked for refund. I was told i wont get my money back. That was like a double surprise. IT IS LIKE YOU GO AND HIT A PERSON TO DEATH AND SAY YOU WONT COVER THE MEDICAL EXPENSES THAT YOU ARE LIABLE TO COVER. It was their fault and say computer glitches or technical mistakes; anyone can easily make up that kind of mistakes. Then i get to talk to the supervisor who i presume, is speaking to me in a different name and goes about explaining me his corporate policies; I say it's not my mistake.

He even tries to cash in more by making me spend more by buying up a new sim card; as if he's pouring his sympathy on me. Finally when he's tried every single trick to trickle down my pocket, he goes i'll send you sim by post and you'll get in 3 business days. I take his word and wait patiently.

I rang customer service today and complained that i didnt get the new sim card and they tell i have to pay $25 plus the postal charge. Why wasnt I informed in the first place? Also when i said i want to talk to the supervisor, I was put on hold for about 1 hour. I have also worked as a customer service attendant for 5 long years and had never seen such awfully pathetic callous and horrible indifferent customer service in my whole life. I would rate below zero for such a service. I tried refunding but they didnt refund either. Isnt there a provision that I being a customer have my right  to refund my unused balance when i want to provided my service provider is fault or i dislike their service? Australia and other European nations have this facility. Why not here in the US??

Message 1 of 3

Re: Disgraceful Service

Hello,

Sorry that you faced this issue, I know how it feels and I'm totally on your side. Your are entitled to get your money back or get your service back. I recommend you send AT&T a private message by Clicking Here so they can help you out further, and find the best solution.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
Moved:

Re: Disgraceful Service

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support