Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 11, 2013
6:14:17 AM
Disappointed... Unlock phone for International Travel

I will be travelling internationally, so I called up AT&T International Support and they shared some voice & data plans for international travel and they are very very pricy - I obviously do not want to spend thousands of dollars in just connecting so thought it may be better to just get temp. connection at destination and use that, BUT, phone... that's locked by AT&T. Now, I have been using their service for last 1.5 years but they wouldn't unlock my phone, i.e. I will not be able to connect internationally until and unless I go with AT&T roaming services or buy another cellphone. So, both are pricy options.

I also tried, if they don't want to unlock iPhone, unlock another phone (non iPhone) I have with them, but they wouldn't do that as well.

It's just not a good way to treat existing customers and their needs.

Any suggestions from anyone?

I will be travelling internationally, so I called up AT&T International Support and they shared some voice & data plans for international travel and they are very very pricy - I obviously do not want to spend thousands of dollars in just connecting so thought it may be better to just get temp. connection at destination and use that, BUT, phone... that's locked by AT&T. Now, I have been using their service for last 1.5 years but they wouldn't unlock my phone, i.e. I will not be able to connect internationally until and unless I go with AT&T roaming services or buy another cellphone. So, both are pricy options.

I also tried, if they don't want to unlock iPhone, unlock another phone (non iPhone) I have with them, but they wouldn't do that as well.

It's just not a good way to treat existing customers and their needs.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Disappointed... Unlock phone for International Travel

30 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(30)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 6:29:56 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, vikasgarg!

I'm sorry to hear that none of our international travel plans will work for your upcoming trip. How long are you going to be out of the country? If you're going for several months or more, you may want to look into our study abroad plans. For more information about these plans, click on the link below.

Study Abroad Plans

Otherwise, you may want to consider getting a cheap prepaid phone in the country you decide to visit. For more information about AT&T's device unlock policy and requirements, you can click on the link below.

AT&T Unlock Policy and Requirements

Let me know if this helps!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello, vikasgarg!

I'm sorry to hear that none of our international travel plans will work for your upcoming trip. How long are you going to be out of the country? If you're going for several months or more, you may want to look into our study abroad plans. For more information about these plans, click on the link below.

Study Abroad Plans

Otherwise, you may want to consider getting a cheap prepaid phone in the country you decide to visit. For more information about AT&T's device unlock policy and requirements, you can click on the link below.

AT&T Unlock Policy and Requirements

Let me know if this helps!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Disappointed... Unlock phone for International Travel

2 of 31 (9,295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 12:54:15 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Zeeb on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:56:06 PM

I'm hoping that AT&T responds to T-Mobile's new international plans.  You get free international roaming, minutes, data and text included with your domestic bill.  In other words, there are NO additional charges for international roaming.  

I'm hoping that AT&T responds to T-Mobile's new international plans.  You get free international roaming, minutes, data and text included with your domestic bill.  In other words, there are NO additional charges for international roaming.  

[ Edited ]
3 of 31 (9,261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 1:34:43 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Oct 11, 2013 at 1:43:14 PM

Zeeb wrote:

data and text only, you still pay .20 cents a minute for voice

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57606784-94/t-mobile-to-offer-free-unlimited-international-data-tex...

add to the fact that t-mobile is owned by Deutsche Telecom which is one the major players in europe, t-mobile users will still be connected to a t-mobile network and cell towers, so technically there is no roaming, as you can see from the link their coverage is pretty decent, wonder how it will be handled in the countries that don;t have a GSM network infrastructure in place or cell towers that are used by DT, probably no coverage at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:smileyvery-happy:eutsche_Telekom_world_locations.svg

Zeeb wrote:

data and text only, you still pay .20 cents a minute for voice

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57606784-94/t-mobile-to-offer-free-unlimited-international-data-texts/

add to the fact that t-mobile is owned by Deutsche Telecom which is one the major players in europe, t-mobile users will still be connected to a t-mobile network and cell towers, so technically there is no roaming, as you can see from the link their coverage is pretty decent, wonder how it will be handled in the countries that don;t have a GSM network infrastructure in place or cell towers that are used by DT, probably no coverage at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:smileyvery-happy:eutsche_Telekom_world_locations.svg

[ Edited ]
4 of 31 (9,252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 4:26:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
In the places not mentioned, data is disabled by default by T-Mobile but can be manually turned on by the user. :smileywink: They covered their bases pretty well there.
~Sunshine :smileyhappy:
In the places not mentioned, data is disabled by default by T-Mobile but can be manually turned on by the user. :smileywink: They covered their bases pretty well there.
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 31 (9,237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 9:28:38 AM
(0)
Master

With basic free data roaming on the new T-mobile plan which includes over 100 countries on any carrier there plus only 20 cents per min for voice roaming I am really tempted to leave AT&T.  

With basic free data roaming on the new T-mobile plan which includes over 100 countries on any carrier there plus only 20 cents per min for voice roaming I am really tempted to leave AT&T.  

6 of 31 (9,190 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 10:09:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
While the international plans may sound tempting, keep in mind that your mileage may vary. How fast will it be? 128kbps? They need to clarify that a bit.

Also take in mind the domestic coverage. Make sure you are covered in areas you frequent. Don't go by the coverage map as it's a generalization. Ask friends who have tmobile and go from those reviews.

Personally I can't consider T-Mobile because coverage isn't their strong suit. But pricing is good I'll admit.
~Sunshine :smileyhappy:
While the international plans may sound tempting, keep in mind that your mileage may vary. How fast will it be? 128kbps? They need to clarify that a bit.

Also take in mind the domestic coverage. Make sure you are covered in areas you frequent. Don't go by the coverage map as it's a generalization. Ask friends who have tmobile and go from those reviews.

Personally I can't consider T-Mobile because coverage isn't their strong suit. But pricing is good I'll admit.
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 31 (9,185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 12:32:29 PM
(0)
Expert

DWC1 wrote:

if you travel that much over there just get a local carrier, personally I use globalstar most of the time when I travel, although I do have a rogers and vodaphone contract also

DWC1 wrote:

if you travel that much over there just get a local carrier, personally I use globalstar most of the time when I travel, although I do have a rogers and vodaphone contract also

8 of 31 (9,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 12:40:26 PM
(0)
Contributor

I hear you!  I have been an AT&T wireless customer since 1998.  15 years of being a loyal customer!  And now, when I travel overseas for a month to the Philippines, they refuse to unlock my phone because I am under contract. Apparently, they don't trust me to complete my contract even though I have done exactly that for the past 15 years.  My contract ends in April, 2015.  At that point, AT&T is going to lose a customer.  

I hear you!  I have been an AT&T wireless customer since 1998.  15 years of being a loyal customer!  And now, when I travel overseas for a month to the Philippines, they refuse to unlock my phone because I am under contract. Apparently, they don't trust me to complete my contract even though I have done exactly that for the past 15 years.  My contract ends in April, 2015.  At that point, AT&T is going to lose a customer.  

9 of 31 (8,488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 4:56:47 PM
(0)
Expert

brian1969 wrote:

Corporate policy has nothing to do with trust, you will find that oterh carriers have similiar restrictions

brian1969 wrote:

Corporate policy has nothing to do with trust, you will find that oterh carriers have similiar restrictions

10 of 31 (8,467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 12:06:50 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by colona73 on Jan 14, 2014 at 12:43:01 PM

wingrider01 wrote:

that is absolutely not true. Verizon unclocked my 4s within 60 days of activation for travelling overseas. When i was switching to AT&T i didn't even think to check assuming it's a common practice to let it use with local providers internationally. It'll be good bye AT&T the moment my contract is up

wingrider01 wrote:

that is absolutely not true. Verizon unclocked my 4s within 60 days of activation for travelling overseas. When i was switching to AT&T i didn't even think to check assuming it's a common practice to let it use with local providers internationally. It'll be good bye AT&T the moment my contract is up

[ Edited ]
11 of 31 (8,361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 3:35:14 PM
(0)
Expert

colona73 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Correct they only unlock the GSM slot for international use not for domestic use, have 40 of them in service and like you said 60 days only but you missed the one unlock every 10 months restriction

colona73 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Correct they only unlock the GSM slot for international use not for domestic use, have 40 of them in service and like you said 60 days only but you missed the one unlock every 10 months restriction

12 of 31 (8,346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 8:32:05 AM
(0)
Master

Just an update from me since I posted earlier.  I ported my personal lines over to T-Mobile and kept my work line with AT&T.   The free roaming on T-Mobile is very workable.   The data is not high speed but it's works well for everything I need except streaming video.    Email, Facebook, maps, and web browsing works fine and it is free.   I just came back from a 2 week trip and my extra charges were only 40 cents for one 2 min phone call.

I do hope AT&T can fix the cost of roaming as I would prefer to have my personal lines back at AT&T.

Just an update from me since I posted earlier.  I ported my personal lines over to T-Mobile and kept my work line with AT&T.   The free roaming on T-Mobile is very workable.   The data is not high speed but it's works well for everything I need except streaming video.    Email, Facebook, maps, and web browsing works fine and it is free.   I just came back from a 2 week trip and my extra charges were only 40 cents for one 2 min phone call.

I do hope AT&T can fix the cost of roaming as I would prefer to have my personal lines back at AT&T.

13 of 31 (8,282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 2:20:02 PM
(0)
Expert

DWC1 wrote:

the only reason that T-Mobile can make the offer on international roaming is because the parent company (Deutsche Telekom) is in Europe and they also have offices in other countries, so you are using the same companies infrastructure.

ATT wireless is 100 percent americian based, unless ATT decides to start building infrastructure in europe and the other countries. Besides Sprint is still sniffing around to purchase T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom, would be a good bet that the international roaming discounts will be shut off if that happens

DWC1 wrote:

the only reason that T-Mobile can make the offer on international roaming is because the parent company (Deutsche Telekom) is in Europe and they also have offices in other countries, so you are using the same companies infrastructure.

ATT wireless is 100 percent americian based, unless ATT decides to start building infrastructure in europe and the other countries. Besides Sprint is still sniffing around to purchase T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom, would be a good bet that the international roaming discounts will be shut off if that happens

14 of 31 (8,256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 6:43:25 AM
(0)
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

DWC1 wrote:

This is only partially true.  T-Mobile makes this offer of no charge roaming in over 100 countries MOST of which it has no ownership presence in.  While the roaming offer might change in the future I'm under no contract obligtation at T-Mobile since they abolished contract handcuffs for new customers.   My device is unlocked and should the situation change I can easily come back to AT&T which I would like to do.   For now T-Moble has highlighted that the actual cost of roaming overseas is extremely low and that other carriers are charing roaming rates which no longer make sense to an individual consumer.

I still keep my work cell on AT&T for the fantastic domestic coverage and I hope some day to be able to return my personal lines as well. 

wingrider01 wrote:

DWC1 wrote:

This is only partially true.  T-Mobile makes this offer of no charge roaming in over 100 countries MOST of which it has no ownership presence in.  While the roaming offer might change in the future I'm under no contract obligtation at T-Mobile since they abolished contract handcuffs for new customers.   My device is unlocked and should the situation change I can easily come back to AT&T which I would like to do.   For now T-Moble has highlighted that the actual cost of roaming overseas is extremely low and that other carriers are charing roaming rates which no longer make sense to an individual consumer.

I still keep my work cell on AT&T for the fantastic domestic coverage and I hope some day to be able to return my personal lines as well. 

15 of 31 (8,224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 9:42:58 AM
(0)
Expert

DWC1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

DWC1 wrote:

but just like att, verizon, sprint and dozens of other carriers they have raoming agreements with DT, the simple fact that DT is Europe based, has roaming agreements and provide cell service (see insert) in the majority of those countries, makes it simple to offer low international rates

dt.PNG

DWC1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

DWC1 wrote:

but just like att, verizon, sprint and dozens of other carriers they have raoming agreements with DT, the simple fact that DT is Europe based, has roaming agreements and provide cell service (see insert) in the majority of those countries, makes it simple to offer low international rates

dt.PNG

16 of 31 (8,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 11:44:54 AM
(0)
Master

Being European based is of little consequence except perhaps in Europe.  This reasoning only holds water in the very limited number of countries where Tmobile owns the network.  In the vast majority of the 100 countries which are included with free roaming Tmoble does not own any network and the roaming charges which are passed to Tmobile are no different that what it might cost AT&T.  In fact AT&T has more roaming customers and may in fact be able to negotiate better deals at lower rates based on volume purchases.  

You don't possibly believe that Tmobile owns networks in over 100 countries?   They are simply not that large and they rely on roaming agreements just the same as AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint.  The secrecy around roaming costs has been somewhat shattered.  It is is simply not as expensive to provide as all of the carriers have tried to make us believe. 

Being European based is of little consequence except perhaps in Europe.  This reasoning only holds water in the very limited number of countries where Tmobile owns the network.  In the vast majority of the 100 countries which are included with free roaming Tmoble does not own any network and the roaming charges which are passed to Tmobile are no different that what it might cost AT&T.  In fact AT&T has more roaming customers and may in fact be able to negotiate better deals at lower rates based on volume purchases.  

You don't possibly believe that Tmobile owns networks in over 100 countries?   They are simply not that large and they rely on roaming agreements just the same as AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint.  The secrecy around roaming costs has been somewhat shattered.  It is is simply not as expensive to provide as all of the carriers have tried to make us believe. 

17 of 31 (8,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 12:29:51 PM
(0)
Master

For reference you can see that the T-Mobile brand is present in only 11 countries.  They are only the 10th largest in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Mobile

For reference you can see that the T-Mobile brand is present in only 11 countries.  They are only the 10th largest in the world.

18 of 31 (8,190 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 2:10:31 PM
(0)
Expert

DWC1 wrote:

date of last update on the link is 2 years ago if that date is correct, I tend to distrust wikipeda as a source of information since it normally updated by the general populous, not even my daughters college professors will allow them to qoute anything from a wikipedia site in their thesis or monthly term papers because the source is questionable.  there is at least one country missing - Romainia Cosmmote Romania Mobile Telecommunications where DT holds 30 percent of the shares and romtelcom where they have 54.01 percent of the shares, then there is t-mobile canada and greece

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (July 2011)

DWC1 wrote:

date of last update on the link is 2 years ago if that date is correct, I tend to distrust wikipeda as a source of information since it normally updated by the general populous, not even my daughters college professors will allow them to qoute anything from a wikipedia site in their thesis or monthly term papers because the source is questionable.  there is at least one country missing - Romainia Cosmmote Romania Mobile Telecommunications where DT holds 30 percent of the shares and romtelcom where they have 54.01 percent of the shares, then there is t-mobile canada and greece

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (July 2011)

19 of 31 (8,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 2:23:40 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by DWC1 on Jan 17, 2014 at 2:25:32 PM

It's easy to read the information from the parent company web site which I trust you don't think need much more verification: http://www.telekom.com/worldwide   They have operations in 50 countries total but the vast majority of those are not locations where they own any cellular network but rather provide other IT related services. 

The fact remains that they are able to offer no additional cost roaming in many countries where they have no network ownership interest.  They could only possibly do so if the cost to provide it is fairly lower.  Certainly its vasly lower that any of the cellular companies have been charging.

It's easy to read the information from the parent company web site which I trust you don't think need much more verification: http://www.telekom.com/worldwide   They have operations in 50 countries total but the vast majority of those are not locations where they own any cellular network but rather provide other IT related services. 

The fact remains that they are able to offer no additional cost roaming in many countries where they have no network ownership interest.  They could only possibly do so if the cost to provide it is fairly lower.  Certainly its vasly lower that any of the cellular companies have been charging.

[ Edited ]
20 of 31 (8,177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 9:00:39 AM
(0)
Expert

DWC1 wrote:

but the locations that I mentioned that where not in your "reference" (using the term loosely) ARE locations that they have telcom service in. Plus did you every think that maybe, just maybe DT has reciprocal roaming agreements with other carriers in europe that allows them to offer the same deal to you? Exactly like ATT has with the different carriers in the us to allow them to off free off network roaming to you in the US? I guess if you travel overseas justifies it, then t-mobile would be your best choice.

DWC1 wrote:

but the locations that I mentioned that where not in your "reference" (using the term loosely) ARE locations that they have telcom service in. Plus did you every think that maybe, just maybe DT has reciprocal roaming agreements with other carriers in europe that allows them to offer the same deal to you? Exactly like ATT has with the different carriers in the us to allow them to off free off network roaming to you in the US? I guess if you travel overseas justifies it, then t-mobile would be your best choice.

21 of 31 (8,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 12:51:33 PM
(0)
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

AT&T also has many reciprocal agreements abroad as they do in the USA.  Further to this also remember that AT&T already offers unlimited international data to many corporate accounts.  I for example have such an at&t plan my business line but they do not allow it on new personal lines.   If AT&T can already offer unlimited no extra charge data to some users then surely the cost that AT&T pays for roaming is low enough.   I would assume it must be similar enough to the cost basis that Tmobile has otherwise AT&T could not offer unlimited overseas data and be profitable.

In my opinion which is based on the data points that plans with no extra cost unlimited data roaming plans are currently offered by both AT&T and Tmobile it stands to reason that fees most individuals are being asked to pay at present are no longer reasonable.     You seem to feel that AT&T's roaming rates may be resonable but we may have to agree to disagree.  The information I can see does not lead me to the same conclusion. 

wingrider01 wrote:

AT&T also has many reciprocal agreements abroad as they do in the USA.  Further to this also remember that AT&T already offers unlimited international data to many corporate accounts.  I for example have such an at&t plan my business line but they do not allow it on new personal lines.   If AT&T can already offer unlimited no extra charge data to some users then surely the cost that AT&T pays for roaming is low enough.   I would assume it must be similar enough to the cost basis that Tmobile has otherwise AT&T could not offer unlimited overseas data and be profitable.

In my opinion which is based on the data points that plans with no extra cost unlimited data roaming plans are currently offered by both AT&T and Tmobile it stands to reason that fees most individuals are being asked to pay at present are no longer reasonable.     You seem to feel that AT&T's roaming rates may be resonable but we may have to agree to disagree.  The information I can see does not lead me to the same conclusion. 

22 of 31 (8,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 12:25:08 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jan 19, 2014 at 12:25:28 PM

DWC1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

guess I will need to talk to my att business rep when I get back in the country, they never mentioned it to me.

DWC1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

guess I will need to talk to my att business rep when I get back in the country, they never mentioned it to me.

[ Edited ]
23 of 31 (8,096 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 1:52:44 PM
(0)
Master

The roaming plans AT&T offers to business customers are in some ways better than T-Mobile because they include data roaming at no extra cost in EVERY country where roaming is possible and it is not limted to just 100 or so.  These plans include data use aboard cruise ships and airplanes on foreign airlines with cellular systems on board.  The main drawback in that there are only slightly lower rates for voice offered.  Europe is 79 cents for example compared to the other company that offers it for only 20 cents.   

The roaming plans AT&T offers to business customers are in some ways better than T-Mobile because they include data roaming at no extra cost in EVERY country where roaming is possible and it is not limted to just 100 or so.  These plans include data use aboard cruise ships and airplanes on foreign airlines with cellular systems on board.  The main drawback in that there are only slightly lower rates for voice offered.  Europe is 79 cents for example compared to the other company that offers it for only 20 cents.   

24 of 31 (8,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 6:45:22 PM
(0)
Expert

DWC1 wrote:

would love to see a link to the att site that shows this, not going to be home from Brisbane for another 3 weeks, yes I do have both business and personal accounts

DWC1 wrote:

would love to see a link to the att site that shows this, not going to be home from Brisbane for another 3 weeks, yes I do have both business and personal accounts

25 of 31 (8,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 11:17:41 AM
(0)
Employee

Hey

I don't deal with business accounts often, but when I pulled up the business international plans here, it seems to lead to general the same international plans as consumers. Of course the roaming data plans, do cover 150+ countries, up to the various plan limits.

I'm not quite sure if that's you meant, it sounded like you implied that coverage was being offered free, independently of the plans. Maybe I misunderstood.

-Alex

Hey

I don't deal with business accounts often, but when I pulled up the business international plans here, it seems to lead to general the same international plans as consumers. Of course the roaming data plans, do cover 150+ countries, up to the various plan limits.

I'm not quite sure if that's you meant, it sounded like you implied that coverage was being offered free, independently of the plans. Maybe I misunderstood.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

26 of 31 (8,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 1:12:27 PM
(0)
Expert

loganic wrote:

Hey

-Alex

So basicly the same plan I am familiar with and no unlimited ones.

loganic wrote:

Hey

-Alex

So basicly the same plan I am familiar with and no unlimited ones.

27 of 31 (7,999 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 6:24:12 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by DWC1 on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:25:55 PM

The name of the plan is the unlimited international plan and the regular price in $64.99 per month but it is discounted down on my account by quite a bit.   This is the data portion of the plan only and includes unlimited domestic & international data use in over 200+ countries. 

You will not find these plans on the web site as they are well hidden.  From what I can tell this is granted only to the very largest corporate accounts and small business accounts might not qualify but since the criteria is not published I can't say for sure.   My company is currently allowed to add and drop this plan to any line new or old. 

There was a time a couple years back when this was available to be added to personal FAN lines but that has long since stopped.  Some people however were grandfathered in and might still have it.  

The name of the plan is the unlimited international plan and the regular price in $64.99 per month but it is discounted down on my account by quite a bit.   This is the data portion of the plan only and includes unlimited domestic & international data use in over 200+ countries. 

You will not find these plans on the web site as they are well hidden.  From what I can tell this is granted only to the very largest corporate accounts and small business accounts might not qualify but since the criteria is not published I can't say for sure.   My company is currently allowed to add and drop this plan to any line new or old. 

There was a time a couple years back when this was available to be added to personal FAN lines but that has long since stopped.  Some people however were grandfathered in and might still have it.  

[ Edited ]
28 of 31 (7,975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 9:41:40 AM
(0)
Expert

DWC1 wrote:

Hidden so well that a ATT Customer Service representitive cannot find it? My account is not a "small business account"

DWC1 wrote:

Hidden so well that a ATT Customer Service representitive cannot find it? My account is not a "small business account"

29 of 31 (7,934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 9:56:19 AM
(0)
Employee

There 'used' to be a plan along those lines, around the same time AT&T offered domestic unlimited, IIRC. It was a bit before my time, so I don't know quite all the details, but I think that's what he's reffering to.

I saw a plan like that once, on a customer account, but it was a long time ago.

-Alex

There 'used' to be a plan along those lines, around the same time AT&T offered domestic unlimited, IIRC. It was a bit before my time, so I don't know quite all the details, but I think that's what he's reffering to.

I saw a plan like that once, on a customer account, but it was a long time ago.

-Alex

30 of 31 (7,932 Views)