Disable lte, avoid mobile share 4g lte $30 fee?

Contributor

Disable lte, avoid mobile share 4g lte $30 fee?

Quick, stupid question. I have an iphone5, and was just curious to see if I disable the LTE in the cellular settings of my phone, will I avoid the $30 Mobile Share for iPhone on 4G LTE charge?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (574 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Disable lte, avoid mobile share 4g lte $30 fee?

Yes, you will still be charged the monthly access fee even it LTE is turned off.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (541 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

To clarify, no you can't avoid the charge If you have an LTE capable phone, you will be charged for the data plan, whether you actually use any data or not
Message 3 of 4 (516 Views)
ACE - Master

lostsymphonies wrote:

Quick, stupid question. I have an iphone5, and was just curious to see if I disable the LTE in the cellular settings of my phone, will I avoid the $30 Mobile Share for iPhone on 4G LTE charge?

Thanks

As others have said, no you can't avoid the fee but you may be able to reduce it. You must be on the old mobile share plan as there is no $30 fee for a smart phone any more. I suggest you contact customer support to see about updating to the new mobile share plan. You may be able to reduce that $30 fee to $15.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (495 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.