Posted Sep 28, 2013
10:17:18 AM
View profile
Disable attwifi auto connect
I wanted to disable attwifi auto connecting but there is no option to do it. I consider it unsafe that phone will connect to open WiFi just because it is same name as att WiFi.

Then I tried to add attwifi to my network list and because it already exist it asked me if I want to delete, so I said yes and now it seems I do not auto connect to attwifi network. I would like some one else to check if this truly works.

Disable attwifi auto connect

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 2:20:17 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTDelia on Oct 1, 2013 at 6:24:30 AM

Hello there SEREGA784.  Do you have AT&T Smart Wi-Fi?

Here is an article that may assist you.  There are several links at the end of the article that should offer some help "if" you have this application.  If not, please let me know so I can research further for you! 

About the AT&T Smart Wi-Fi application

~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Disable attwifi auto connect

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (9,808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 7:40:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have this problem too.  ATT Smart Wifi is incompatible with my device, HTC Vivid.  Where do I go from here.

3 of 4 (9,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 7:47:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

This did not work for me.  Delete is not an option on the Add, or anywhere else. I also feel this is an extreme security risk to my identity and my finanical well-being.  ATT has implemented this "feature" for my convenience, a little sarcasim, but in reality the motivation is self interest.

4 of 4 (9,457 Views)